Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 05-23-2013

Default M380 Replace Front TV

Project. Change the old plasma monitor in front for a new flat screen TV:
Besides the reasons I gave on this site for changing out the rear TV. I wanted to change out the plasma monitor for real TV so that we could get rid of the almost “worthless” VCR, and the electronic switcher unit and some various wires, etc. that were necessary to get park cable on the plasma monitor because it does not have a built in TV tuner; my motto is “ less is more.” You also save a lot of weight (and electric power) by changing out the plasma monitor for a new flat screen TV and if you ever want to get High Definition (HDTV) you will need to change out the plasma anyway. The installation was a lot simpler than I anticipated. After removing the plasma monitor, cut and bolt at the top and bottom two pieces of 2X4s behind the existing housing (see photo). Buy a NON- articulating flat screen TV mount (preferably low profile which means the mount does not stick out very much) and bolt the TV mount to the 2X4s. Because the front TV framing is already titled down you will not have the viewing issues discussed in my rear bedroom change out. Get rid of the VCR, the electronic switching unit and any excess wires. Hook up the satellite receiver, electric and the Boze surround sound to the new TV. Lift the new TV onto the mounting bracket, and lock the bracket as instructed. You will likely need to program the new TV to use the external Boze speakers and not the internal speakers and you are good to go. My replacement TV is a 36 inch Samsung. If fit perfectly. (see photos)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fronttv3.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	22408   Click image for larger version

Name:	front tv2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	22409   Click image for larger version

Name:	front tv.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	22410  
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 05-23-2013

way to go dennis!!
mike
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 05-23-2013

Thanks Mike. I've got a few more to post when I get the time.
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com