Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 11-01-2008
Gardner

Default emergency plan

While updating another thread I reminded myself of a problem I have not yet addressed regarding unlocking the door on my FC at the door after it has been locked using the remote switch on the dash or in the bedroom. The electronic lock injects a cylinder from the door jamb into the hollow end of the regular lock cylinder. Locking and unlocking the regular lock cylinder does not release the electric cylinder.

So this got me thinking about emergencies like fire where there is no time for thinking, only acting. In order to act you need a plan that is understood and rehearsed. Things like having a working flashlight in a fixed locaton near or in the sleeping area that you can find in the dark. Having Fire extinguishers where you will be, not where the fire will be. Having an exit strategy for various situations. And knowing you can get the door open when you get to it.

How many of us have really made a plan and worked out the details with our coach mates so we know what to do ?
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 11-01-2008
Forum Moderator

Good points Gardner and we need to change out our smoke detector batteries this weekend (Daylight Savings)