Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 12-06-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default It's that time of the season.........

I was out doing some shopping this morning and using my credit card for the purchases and this entered my mind, I wonder how many of us on this forum are purchasing Christmas gifts for OURSELVES that will go on the 'Bird? Then it came to mind how many of us would use a credit card for that purchase, then how many would make the purchase over the phone, or on the Internet?

I will bet that the number is very high and then I got to thinking about how easy it is to just give out those credit card numbers and expiration date and even in some cases the verification codes on the back, sometimes to people that we don't even know and then how easy it would be to have our credit cards possibly be used by some of those same people.

I know that I have done it myself and then afterward worried about just what I did. I know it would be a lot safer to do business with a company that has a secure web site then there is some protection. I was one of those credit card holders that had the information stolen with the theft of a Credit Card Companies laptop a couple of years back and I wasn't aware of it until I was making a purchase at a NAPA store and they confiscated and destroyed my credit card right then and there, so what I have been doing since then is if I use my credit card I try to keep my credit card in sight at all times, yes I'm not perfect and I do give my credit card to the waiter in a restaurant sometimes and even that is a potential problem waiting to happen. I do however now do business online with people that will take a payment by PayPal, or if need be a personal check, which I don't like to do unless I know the person themselves. I would just as soon use PayPal for all of my online purchases.

Lets make this a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year for us all by just keeping this in mind. Here are some interesting tips to read through http://www.scambusters.org/CreditCardFraud.html

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 12-06-2008
Gardner

John,
I used PayPal and someone hacked into my account and purchased six hundred bucks worth of I-tunes. I was on vacation and didn't find out for two weeeks. PayPal did make good on the charges. I check my credit card online regularly for false charges.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey