Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 09-03-2016

Default 1982 FC 33 SB in Columbia SC

Debating on selling this bird. I purchased it because of the motor and it was fairly local. First bird I saw, had to have it...stop me if you've heard this one before.

I purchased it in MAR 2016 and try to drive it once a week every week since then. Previous owner put a 250hp Turbo Mike H. motor in it FEB 2015 and then put around 15k miles on it. He used it to market a product for his business. Drove it on a tour all over the USA in 2015. So it's been recently overhauled and used like it's supposed to be. This was a big deal to me when I bought it.

Tires are 2014 12r Hankooks all around. New shocks, new air bags, radiator recored, new fan. Dash AC doesn't work, two roof units do. Side queen bed, with latex memory foam mattress. Gas generator works and I purchased and have a used powertech diesel to replace it with--just haven't yet. Have an appointment in a few weeks at Vanmore in Ocala Fl to get the powertech serviced and gone through. New batteries in 2014. New battery cables after I purchased it. I'm not going to say NO RUST because I'm sure there is a little here and a little there. But it's not a northern bird and is the cleanest one I've seen in the 10 or so I've looked at underneath since. Has a blue Safe t plus steering stabilizer thingie. Giant awning is gone. So is the front AC cover. All the other awnings are intact. Has one roof storage pod.

It's headed to George Morris this week to have some minor stuff addressed, and everything serviced. He's only a couple hours away. Would be foolish not to should I keep it or someone else wants to buy it. Paint job is a 20 foot paintjob and could used a little touch up. Has three trailer hitches welded and reinforced. Safe with unknown combo. Original inverter and battery boilers still working. Upgraded audio system and flat screen tv mount installed which will fit up to a 43" flat screen tv. I wanted something with great bones and a great recent motor that I could tweak the interior to suit. That's what this is. It's not a time capsule, stored in a climate controlled bird barn.

I'm into it for $22k with the powertech that's not installed. Previous owner spent more than that on just installing the Mike H motor, not counting whatever that cost.

Selling for $22k plus whatever the bill is at George Morris.

I'm sorry these aren't in order. The decal on the front has been removed. The tv was a vizio and it died--don't recommend you buy a vizio.

Last edited by BachelorJack; 09-03-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-03-2016

Hi Jack,

I like the color and the paint scheme. Please let me know what all Mr. Morris thinks it should have done.
Old 09-03-2016

Current plan is to have him service, air dryer, generator, engine, transmission, brakes if they need it, and address an air leak that only seems to happen once its turned off --the rear airs down faster than the front. The air thing doesnt seem to occur any other time, but I like stuff that works all the time. Plus if I was a buyer I would expect to do these things on anything I bought immediately because you never know.

The previous owner said it needed the power steering gear box rebuilt or swapped out. I dont know if thats true or not but if George agrees Im going to have him do that as well.

Thats the list unless George finds anything else. I cant think of anyone better to do the work. And he's three hours from here give or take. The fact that George is also extremely reasonable rate wise is the cherry on top.

Thanks for the interest! I will defintely keep you in the loop.
Old 09-14-2016

great coach, glad to see you got all the dog hair out, they traveled with their dog!!! I looked at and drove it in January and passed on it for 17k. He had it for sale for a while. I actually looked at it twice, but i felt it need about 12- 15k to make me feel comfortable driving it across country. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2016

To be clear. The previous owner didn't have this coach for sale for $17k. He had it reduced to $22k when we finally bought it. It took a while for him to sell it because of the poor method he chose to list it and because he refused to accept lowball offers like $17k. I'm not him. I own it now. He's far more tolerant and gracious than I am.

It's 34 years old. There is no telling how many different families have slept in it, driven it, walked inside it, or loved it. They might have had pets. They might have even had the dirtiest creatures God ever invented--children. It doesn't smell of pets or even dreaded children inside. I'd plan on pulling the carpet and putting in hard wood floors if for no reason other than the carpet is ugly and doesn't really match. I like the Ultra Allure fake laminate personally.

If anyone attending the rally in Oct would like me to put on a seminar on how to remove dog hair from carpets, let me know. It's a simple half beer/drink/soda job in a 33. Plan on a full beer/drink/soda in a 35-42footer. Let me know and I will bring my vacuum...

Just got back from visiting the good folks at Van-Mor in Ocala Fl. Got the Powertech Diesel Generator overhauled and serviced and ready to install. Will update again once I get her back from Morris.
Old 09-15-2016
Timberlake Products Group

Aaron, seriously, you certainly are not much of a salesman are you? Knocking children not once but twice in the same post, shame, shame, shame on you!

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Old 09-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachelorJack View Post
To be clear. The previous owner didn't have this coach for sale for $17k. He had it reduced to $22k when we finally bought it. It took a while for him to sell it because of the poor method he chose to list it and because he refused to accept lowball offers like $17k. I'm not him. I own it now. He's far more tolerant and gracious than I am.

It's 34 years old. There is no telling how many different families have slept in it, driven it, walked inside it, or loved it. They might have had pets. They might have even had the dirtiest creatures God ever invented--children. It doesn't smell of pets or even dreaded children inside. I'd plan on pulling the carpet and putting in hard wood floors if for no reason other than the carpet is ugly and doesn't really match. I like the Ultra Allure fake laminate personally.

If anyone attending the rally in Oct would like me to put on a seminar on how to remove dog hair from carpets, let me know. It's a simple half beer/drink/soda job in a 33. Plan on a full beer/drink/soda in a 35-42footer. Let me know and I will bring my vacuum...

Just got back from visiting the good folks at Van-Mor in Ocala Fl. Got the Powertech Diesel Generator overhauled and serviced and ready to install. Will update again once I get her back from Morris.
Good luck on selling your coach Aaron. Someone is going to get a fine machine to travel in and enjoy some great times. I'm really amazed at members hear who degrade and sabotage others. The real story is what the coach is like now after your care and upkeep. Lots of Birds have had owners that let maintenance and care fall off do to a host of reasons. Doesn't have a thing to do with their present day state of condition. A future owner will be glad to get it. Best of luck
Old 09-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokitty View Post
Aaron, seriously, you certainly are not much of a salesman are you? Knocking children not once but twice in the same post, shame, shame, shame on you!
They're disgusting little creatures really.

The insurance policy on my warehouse specifically forbid them on the premises. Likely because there were millions of ways for them to get hurt inside. But I like to believe it was my insurance guy's way of paying me back for all the money we spent with them. HIGH FIVE!

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with you having them. You could have a giraffe for all I care. I just don't want it in my cars, in my house, or around my stuff. Or pestering me while I'm eating or trying to get work done. Take a situation and substitute the word "giraffe" for "children". Would you be okay with that? And I don't think giraffes are dirty. They are likely rather clean creatures...

I'd take a wet butt licking dog any day of the week. Always have. Always will.

I could go on and on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Good luck on selling your coach Aaron. Someone is going to get a fine machine to travel in and enjoy some great times. I'm really amazed at members hear who degrade and sabotage others. The real story is what the coach is like now after your care and upkeep. Lots of Birds have had owners that let maintenance and care fall off do to a host of reasons. Doesn't have a thing to do with their present day state of condition. A future owner will be glad to get it. Best of luck
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS JWOOD!
I saw a lot of merit in this coach because of the new motor. I'm fixing the things that need fixing because I like fixing stuff. We will either keep her or sell her when it's all done. I only listed her because I wanted some input and to see if there is any interest here. If we get serious WOG members gets first shot and then it's off to Ebay.
Old 09-15-2016

I think the thread ratings function is broke. I rated this thread, but the average didn't change.

Back to wanna be status
Old 09-15-2016
ANOTHER REDNECK

what the heck is all that metal tubing on back??

has heck man the tooth doctor been working on it??
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571