Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Highway, Road and Weather Forecast and Radar Conditions

Highway, Road and Weather Forecast and Radar Conditions Sometimes as we travel throughout the country it may help to know what the current Highway, Road and Weather conditions are. Here is a good place to list current conditions and also good and bad roads that you have found in your travels You will also find here links to all of the USA road conditions and Weather Forecast and Radar condition web sites.

Site Search:

Old 09-05-2017

Default Columbia Gorge Wildfire

I am starting to report on this disaster under this as it no longer matters that the Hood River Rally planned was called off.
The Eagle Creek Fire that cancelled our event is now nearly to Gresham Oregon. Multinomah Falls is burning. They are not sure presently if it is the burning embers that have now started fires all the way to Troutdale.
Troutdale is now at level 1 for evacuation. The fire jumped the Columbia and is now burning in Skamania County. North Bonneville has been evacuated as has over 1/2 of Cascade Locks, all of Dodson, Warrendale and other small communities down river. They are all level 3.
I-84 is closed and that is going into the second day. Hwy 14 IN Washington is only open to vehicles under 10,000 lbs.
I-84 was closed at mp 35 to mp 62 (Hood River) but now it is closed to Troutdale. For us, the wind has change away from our Hood River Home towards Portland so we are not getting the ash fall we did. The bad of course is that Portland is.
Schools in Portland are closing after noon due to the health hazard.

The scary part is that the wildfire is 0% contained. We are all praying for rain!
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 09-05-2017

So sad for there, and ALL the other fire areas!
And all we will hear on news will be the two hurricanes.

Melvin and Charlene Pierce
Scranton, ND
"Smoke N Mirrors" Royale Conversion
1990 PT40WB
Old 09-05-2017

The latest is that I-84 is now closed from the Dalles to Troutdale until at least Sept. 9th.. That means if necessary we can still go over Mt. Hood if necessary. We are hoping the fire fighters can save the Multinomah Falls Lodge.
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 09-05-2017

The latest is that I-84 is now closed from the Dalles to Troutdale until at least Sept. 9th.. That means if necessary we can still go over Mt. Hood if necessary. We are hoping the fire fighters can save the Multinomah Falls Lodge. This picture is over our roof every 1/2 hour or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170905_115736.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	50827  
porschenein59@gorge.net

Old 09-05-2017

I dont have tv so was wondering if we are making any national news as Oregon, Montana, Washington and California burn?
Has our President even said anything encouraging about sending more help or heartfelt wishes?
Being as we are blue states I am beginning to wonder. Is it all about the hurricanes in the East. I hope Mara Lago is destroyed.....he needs to be more time in the white house and heed some advice and fill some posts that remain empty. take a look at the rest of the country...
There was a 747 special fireplane that sat for days early in our fires and couldn't be deployed because of beaurocracy in dc. It is finally flying on fires in california

Rose Mary
82 turbo FC 35
JP's White Bird
SW Oregon
Old 09-05-2017

Guess we know who you voted for. Reap what you sew.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 09-05-2017

Mike Holstein, knew that was coming and no I didnt vote for Hillary!

However politics aside I have seen nothing nationally about the 300,000 + acres of fires in Oregon not to mention Montana, Washington and California. I hope everyone has good memories of what the Columbia Gorge, Crater Lake NP, Hiway 138 corridor along North Umpqua River, Multnomah Falls and more here in Oregon looked like. Will never be forested again in my lifetime. There is a fire that started less than 10 miles from me that is still out of control. Havent seen the sun in a week, ashes cover everything, cant breathe or see across the road. Fire resources are scattered thin. Some national guard have come in but not nearly enough.
Prayers for rain, wish we had some of what the SE side of the country is getting.
Sad our country is being destroyed...Mother Nature is unhappy

Rose Mary
82 turbo FC 35
JP's White Bird
SW Oregon
Old 09-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hohnstein View Post
Guess we know who you voted for. Reap what you sew.

Where are the moderators-eh??? Getting dicey.
San Marcos, CA

Old 09-05-2017
Wanna B Bird Owner

I know you feel like issues, surrounding your current focus, seem to not be noticed. I'm sure that is only an emotional issue, and not the true case. The important people are watching, even if you do not hear about it.

Unfortunately forest fires are quite common as are hurricanes. But the amount of lives affected are not equal when it comes to this comparison. Hurricanes affect many more people, due the coastal areas being inhabited heavier. Hence the National Hurricane Center, and not the National Wildfire Center.

I'm not down playing the devastation caused by forest fires, for they need to be addressed as well, and just as ambitiously. I have a smoke jumper son-in-law that fights forest fires. They are always under equipped and under staffed. It is the facts of the situation. Our country is not as strong as many would have us believe. Financially the US is broke. The resources come from money the government is writing IOU's for (local, state, and federal).

I also do not think you would want to see anything like what Texas or the tip(or more) of Florida are (or will be) experiencing. The land slides and river run off, would be more devastating than the fires.

The Red Cross is a unilateral organization and provides support to all crises. Donations for one are also used for others, they do not discriminate with the use of donations.

Mother nature is doing what nature does. We are the ones that are unhappy. Birth and death are natural. Rebuilding is a result from destruction. It's the ebb and flow of nature (and life).

The media is only interested in numbers of viewers and not interested in reporting true news. The media is going to follow the money. More people (watching) equals more money. Sorry, it's just another unpleasant fact about the current society we have tangled our web into.

Hopefully, the forest fire fighters will get the fires under control and there will be rain, everyone will survive. The hurricanes will pass, and few to no lives will be lost.

I know that gives no solace, but we must be aware of the truths of life.

Know this, the solitude you find in the lower populated areas, is the payment you get by not being the focus on the news. Those people in the heavily populated areas must deal with other humans MUCH more. Sorry, I would rather have the fires. But that is my opinion.

But we are here when you need to vent......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Mary View Post
Mike Holstein, knew that was coming and no I didnt vote for Hillary!

However politics aside I have seen nothing nationally about the 300,000 + acres of fires in Oregon not to mention Montana, Washington and California. I hope everyone has good memories of what the Columbia Gorge, Crater Lake NP, Hiway 138 corridor along North Umpqua River, Multnomah Falls and more here in Oregon looked like. Will never be forested again in my lifetime. There is a fire that started less than 10 miles from me that is still out of control. Havent seen the sun in a week, ashes cover everything, cant breathe or see across the road. Fire resources are scattered thin. Some national guard have come in but not nearly enough.
Prayers for rain, wish we had some of what the SE side of the country is getting.
Sad our country is being destroyed...Mother Nature is unhappy
Nimbus 3000 (Wife's)
Casually Looking for PT35-36 while waiting on funding
Or possibly a rally nice FC33-35 as a second choice.

Last edited by propellanttech; 09-05-2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: plural of crisis
Old 09-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by propellanttech View Post
I know you feel like issues, surrounding your current focus, seem to not be noticed. I'm sure that is only an emotional issue, and not the true case. The important people are watching, even if you do not hear about it.

Unfortunately forest fires are quite common as are hurricanes. But the amount of lives affected are not equal when it comes to this comparison. Hurricanes affect many more people, due the coastal areas being inhabited heavier. Hence the National Hurricane Center, and not the National Wildfire Center.

I'm not down playing the devastation caused by forest fires, for they need to be addressed as well, and just as ambitiously. I have a smoke jumper son-in-law that fights forest fires. They are always under equipped and under staffed. It is the facts of the situation. Our country is not as strong as many would have us believe. Financially the US is broke. The resources come from money the government is writing IOU's for (local, state, and federal).

I also do not think you would want to see anything like what Texas or the tip(or more) of Florida are (or will be) experiencing. The land slides and river run off, would be more devastating than the fires.

The Red Cross is a unilateral organization and provides support to all crises. Donations for one are also used for others, they do not discriminate with the use of donations.

Mother nature is doing what nature does. We are the ones that are unhappy. Birth and death are natural. Rebuilding is a result from destruction. It's the ebb and flow of nature (and life).

The media is only interested in numbers of viewers and not interested in reporting true news. The media is going to follow the money. More people (watching) equals more money. Sorry, it's just another unpleasant fact about the current society we have tangled our web into.

Hopefully, the forest fire fighters will get the fires under control and there will be rain, everyone will survive. The hurricanes will pass, and few to no lives will be lost.

I know that gives no solace, but we must be aware of the truths of life.

Know this, the solitude you find in the lower populated areas, is the payment you get by not being the focus on the news. Those people in the heavily populated areas must deal with other humans MUCH more. Sorry, I would rather have the fires. But that is my opinion.

But we are here when you need to vent......
X2

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com