Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts and Other Items For Sale

Parts and Other Items For Sale Have a part or other item that you want to sell? List it here.

Site Search:

Old 12-11-2009

Default 1994 WLWB for sale after engine fire

Hello all. I am new to the site and do not own a Wanderlodge.

I represent an insurance company in BC, Canada called ICBC. We are the provincial insurance carrier in BC. I am sure some of you have heard of us.

Due to an unfortunate engine compartment fire, a customers' unit has suffered extensive damage to the engine area and back of the coach including the electrical panel. There is no damage forward of the right rear wheel area except minor smoke. Interior is near perfect, just minor soot.
We are looking to sell this unit with a salvage title. Unit is in Bakersfield, California.

1994 40' WLWB, 149,794 miles, 3,388 hrs., 500 Detroit, 5 spd. Allison, fully loaded inc. generator, 6V X 8 battery system, all interior fixtures and appliances including monitors and flat screens, colour rear camera, Zip Dee awnings, many upgrades, too many to list here.

I was unable to upload pictures but if you contact me by email, I can give you more information. I have them in PDF format and unfortunately, ICBC, in their infinite wisdom, will not allow me edit priveledges in PDF. I can only email them. I have tried a few different ways to no avail.
michael.kelly@icbc.com

I've now edited to add the fact that this is the unit belonging to Rob and Sue Robinson. I'm sure many of you know them and of the demise of their "baby" plus the condition of the coach.

Thanks for viewing,

Mike Kelly
Vancouver, Canada
2003 Surveyor 26.5' trailer
2006 Honda ST 1300 motorcycle
Those are my travel toys!

Last edited by mikiver; 12-11-2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: signature required
Old 12-11-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiver View Post
Hello all. I am new to the site and do not own a Wanderlodge.

I represent an insurance company in BC, Canada called ICBC. We are the provincial insurance carrier in BC. I am sure some of you have heard of us.

Due to an unfortunate engine compartment fire, a customers' unit has suffered extensive damage to the engine area and back of the coach including the electrical panel. There is no damage forward of the right rear wheel area except minor smoke. Interior is near perfect, just minor soot.
We are looking to sell this unit with a salvage title. Unit is in Bakersfield, California.

1994 40' WLWB, 149,794 miles, 3,388 hrs., 500 Detroit, 5 spd. Allison, fully loaded inc. generator, 6V X 8 battery system, all interior fixtures and appliances including monitors and flat screens, colour rear camera, Zip Dee awnings, many upgrades, too many to list here.

I was unable to upload pictures but if you contact me by email, I can give you more information.
michael.kelly@icbc.com

Thanks for viewing,

Mike.
Hi Mike,

Since you didn't list a Wanderlodge or Some Other Brand motorhome that you owned, we automatically list you as a Moderated member with limited privileges, but I have changed your status, so if you want to put pictures of the Wanderlodge that you have up for sale as a salvage title, here is where to go to find out how to add them to this thread;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Features > How can I add a photo to the body of my message? UPDATED INFORMATION

Can we assume that this is the Wanderlodge previously owned by John "Rob" Robinson? If it is some of our members are very familiar with it and its demise.

We also require that you have a Permanent Signature so please read this also;

Quote:
Please add your permanent signature.

You need to add a permanent signature to your user profile, so that it will automatically be added at the end of all of your posts, this way we will know who we are replying to and what year and model of 'Bird or RV that you own, or if you are a Wannabe 'Bird owner, that way you help us, so that we can better help you.

This was one of the things that you were asked to do in the Wanderlodge Owners Group Rules and that you agreed to, when you became a member of this forum;

To find out how to add a permanent signature to your profile please read;

How To Post A New Topic Message Or A Reply To A Topic and Add Your Signature

Why do we want you to have a signature; Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > User Related Issues What is the signature for?

So we are asking you again to please just add a signature in your profile with the requested information;

Your Name

Year & Model of 'Bird or WANNABE

Your Location

You can set your signature by choosing User CP at the upper left side of the forums page and then choose Edits Signature from the Settings & Options, then create your signature and if you want to you can add a signature photo, then scroll to the bottom and click on Preview Signature and if you are satisfied with the results, then scroll back down to the bottom and click on Save Signature.

Thanks,

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 12-11-2009

[QUOTE=mikiver;39569]

Mike,
Canadian or US (state) salvage title? Asking price? Thanks.
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 12-11-2009
Forum owner

and its teal!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-11-2009

teal and charcoal

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267 or 905 246 4295
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 12-11-2009
RV Appraiser

I hope Rob shares with us what his insurance company does on the replacement of his coach. How about it Rob, what do you think you'll get? I bet around 50 - 55K.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 12-12-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
I hope Rob shares with us what his insurance company does on the replacement of his coach. How about it Rob, what do you think you'll get? I bet around 50 - 55K.

Personally, I don't think that we should be speculating on what we think Rob should be getting for his 'Bird!!

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 12-12-2009
Forum owner

Yeah,I agree with John F.
I tried not to give away any info on my insurance claim until we had an agreement.
Also,we don't know what amount that Rob had his insured for,We had ours under insured to save money,and it worked out just fine.
THE INSURANCE COMPANY SAVED PLENTY!

But,I also know John M. is also a big practical joker,and as a professional appraiser he knows that Robs 94 was worth way more than that.

Plus,who knows what taxes and other things the Canadian Gov adds to the coach,just to get it into Canada,and then theres the exchange rate,who knows what that is today?

Come on John M. email me with what you really think,and after Rob gets paid we will see how close you are!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-12-2009
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
Holy smoke John. Your pulling my leg again aren't ya? I could never find a decent 94 for that price.
Old 12-12-2009

Rob, Didn't you buy the 1999 that was on eBay then/ I've been away a couple days and maybe I missed something.

You guys quite picking on my buddy Rob.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold