Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 01-22-2010
cmillsap

Default Front Electric Base Heater

Just a note to those who have a coach of similar vintage. If your front electric base heater does not operate when you try to turn it on, be aware that the Front A/C switch on the drivers left side panel must be turned on if your coach is wired like mine. The front electric base heater is powered by a 110 breaker in the bedroom which supplies power to both the front roof A/C unit and the front electric base heater. The front A/C switch by the driver is obviously connected to that line before EITHER unit is powered. Sooo, if you want your front heater to work, you gotta turn on your front A/C unit. Don’t forget to raise the front A/C units’ thermostat to keep it from operating also.
Just another trick circuit perpetrated by the BB engineers on the average BB owner to drive us crazy while we try to “fix” something that doesn’t need to be “fixed”.
Old 01-22-2010

That actually happens to be true in my '95 as well. You have to turn on the front A/C switch for the electric heater in the kitchen toe kick to work.

Took me a while to figure that out since the all of the front dash A/C switches were on when I got the walkthrough on my Bird. But I then took to using them to flip the roof A/C on and off while going down the road, left them off at the end of summer and found the kitchen baseboard unit didn't seem to work anymore.

Always something new to puzzle out.

Bruce
2004 Toyota Land Cruiser on a trailer
Old 01-22-2010

Same on my '93 Bruce,
AND, on mine the little reostat knob on the front Cadet toe-kick heater has to be turned up enough to not override its wall thermostat.
1986 PT36 6V92 "Golden Memories"-Sold
1993 WB40 "freeNeasy"-Sold
Old 07-19-2014

Default Electric heaters not working

I figured out the part about the front AC switches having to be on before the heaters will come on. But mine still don't work. None of em. All four are fed it seems
1997 BMC 37 8.3 Cummins
Old 07-20-2014

yup, was samey, samey on my 95 too.

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Morristown, Tennessee

FMCA #F27720