Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > News > Top News Stories (MODERATED)

Top News Stories (MODERATED) Top news stories posted here. Feel free to join in and discuss. All threads and posts here are MODERATED

Site Search:

Old 03-15-2008
Forum owner

Default roll call! everyone in Ga ok?

just checking on our Ga.members.
is everyone ok after last nites tornados?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-16-2008

No problems here NW of Atlanta. Most of the trouble was South and North of us. We were not in the right corridor for a change. About every 5 years or so, I have an encounter.....Twice in 10 years I have had a tornado slip down one of the property lines. It is good for thinning out the trees.
Old 03-16-2008
Forum owner

tom? Leroy?
the rest of you?
everybody safe?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-16-2008

We are good Randy. Thanks. The one in N Central GA was about 16 miles South of us. That is close enough. I was quite stormy though.

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker
Old 03-16-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I was in Charleston, SC yesterday for a SCCA Autocross where I didn't completely embarrass myself by finishing 12th out of 15 cars in my class and 132 out of 154 total entries, as I'm still learning how to drive a front wheel drive car after only racing rear wheel drives all of these years, it is taking a whole new way of thinking for me, but I'm having a blast. The race was called early due to tornado warnings in the area west of Charleston, where a lot of the entrants had to return to their homes.

I decided to stay in the Charleston area last night where I was parked at the Wal Mart Supercenter just off of I-526, where it initially looked like the bad weather would go to the North of the city and it looked like I had dodged the bullet, but then my weather radio got a workout as severe weather worked itself across from Georgia and then through South Carolina with tornadoes spotted just to the North and South of my location. I got a little rocking of the 'Bird and a lot of rain, but got bypassed by the bad stuff, but I was sitting there listening to all of the updated reports and with all of the alerts going off on the Midlands Weather radio at a rate of almost every ten minutes, I couldn't have gone to sleep if I wanted too with all of those sirens going off.

On my trip home this morning as I was listening to my CB radio the truckers were reporting I-26 to be closed down just west of Charleston near Summerville, SC as SCDOT crews were clearing debris that remained from the high winds and there was still strong cross winds causing the 'Bird to lean away from the windy side making me think at first that my levelers were going out of adjustment until I checked the trees lining the Interstate. I always use US 176 that parallels the Interstate anyway and by the time I got off of I-26 just East of the debris area, they had opened one lane of the Interstate going Westbound. Over on the two lane I saw a lot of trees down from the severe storms and a lot of power company crews repairing power lines on my way back to Columbia, but it was clear sailing for me going up the two lane.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-16-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default I Moved Your Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdboat45 View Post
I did not see how you start a new post so here is i have oil leak under blower at rear of motor it pools up on valley pan. It started slow now needs to be fixed anyone had this type of leak before. I would like to know about how long to fix. I am going to race in three weeks. Thanks

Jack Jones
EastTn87 pt 40
8v 92
Jack,

I moved your post to the ENGINE sub-forum where it will probably get more of a response.

Look for it under; http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...=2218#post2218

I'll show you how to work the form while we are at Maxton, see you and your better half there.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-17-2008
Can't re-member

We were in Ft. Valley when the Tornados hit and actually enjoyed great weather. The damage in Atlanta was near my work but no one I know so far was affected.....

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 03-17-2008

Thumbs up

Good here Randy. Thanks for checking on use. Got golf ball size hail here at the house but no damage. Luckily, we were in Fl. for the weekend. Playing on the beach. Tom
Old 03-18-2008
hturner 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post

Randy
No damage from storm. Atlanta had one hit downtown. There was damage to the east of us around Macon. The damage that the rusted out water heater did is a different story. Serve Pro as been out here 2 day last week today and tomorrow ripping up floors tearing down walls. I am glad I put that 50 amp plug next to the house.