Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 03-20-2008

Default New Brake Chambers, Randy: HELP!

I received my new brake chambers. Unfortunately the push rods are about 10 inches long and BB uses a rod about 2 or 3 inches long. Both the front and rear are too long. Haldex sent me this long complicated method for calculating the length of the rod. My question is: How would you handle this: disassemble the new chambers and use the old push rods in the new chambers, just measure the old rods and cut the new ones to the same length, or?? I am in Mexico and although I have a lot of tools I am afraid that the rods may be Metric?? The thread appears very fine. I do not have a die that size and am afraid the threads may become damaged. Any help appreciated.

Bruce

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 03-20-2008
sweeperman

all of them come long just cut them to the size you need thead a nut past were you a cuting the rod clean the threads with a file and then back the nut off you will be ok
Vienna OH
908 902 8379

Last edited by sweeperman; 03-20-2008 at 05:34 PM.