Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 09-11-2013
Campground Owner

Jeff

Look at the 12V supply to the ingition switch. Just talked to the new guy DJ, he was having similar intermitten starting, and it turn out to be a loose wire to the switch.
www.xcreekrv.com
35°31'08.6"N 83°03'38.8"W
Old 11-08-2016

Default Ignition issue

Hey guys
Have ignition issue. 92 SP36 has ALWAYS started instantly for last six years. Went off for weekend and stopped at a store on way home. Tried to leave and key did nothing.... Pushed selector from N to R and back and it started immediately. Got home, cleaned thing up and went to put her away and again nothing. Doesn't even show any voltage drop on gauge. Batteries brand new. Talked with Rick shawyer and we tried a couple of things but nothing works. Lights come on. Gen starts fine.
Help please....... Have called local CAT dealer and waiting on appt but not hopeful with them...
Is George Morris still working? Phone number?

Any help appreciated. Got car trapped in garage and covanents in neighborhood
Carl Exner
SP-36 Blackbird
Old 11-08-2016
Gardner

Sounds like the neutral safety switch. I know nothing about your SP or if it has some kind of ECM? But if it is a mechanical shifter then it is probably a mechanical switch. Another problem could be the AT switch/solenoid which interrupts that circuit so a thief can't start it.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 11-08-2016

Default Ignition issue

Thx Gardner, already checked AT switch. Not on. I believe it's all electronic, zfecomat 500hp transmission. N light comes on but nothing happens when you turn key.
Called ZF in Illinois. Tech guy acted like he never heard of ecomat transmission.....passed me off twice to another tech group but got in loop that wasn't what I wanted. Hate automatic switchboards.....just old fashioned I guess.
Carl
Old 11-08-2016
Tom Blackwell

Default Ignition interlocks...

Probably not a bad idea to install a bypass switch to take all of the interlocks out of the circuit in an emergency. My FC is wired this way because the interlock wiring got cut by Injection pump installation with previous owner. With the spring brakes locked, it can't go anywhere.