Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBird View Post
The engine compartment fan on our bird has been disconnected since we've had it and no problems except the bedroom is a little warm after driving. I like the original arrangement of pulling air across the top of the engine bay. Maybe someday when I have time and money I'll replace it with a similar unit. Finding an exact replacement for the original doesn't seem practical - wouldn't have to be anything special. Wiring seems to be extra small gauge (?)
Here is a photo of the change I did in Blue Thunder around 1996 after the bearings went in the original blower. Don says it is still working. It blows air above the heat shield the exactly same way as the original blower did. I used a boat bilge blower, flexible defroster duct and a piece of rectangular duct (actually electrical raceway as I had it on hand). A slot was cut in the upper forward edge of this to line up with the opening for the space above the shield. This setup takes in air from the area not directly behind the engine so intake air is cooler than the original setup.

Old 05-23-2011

Perfect ! - with improved outside air intake. Thanks G_man - will save this post. Also have a couple with auto radiator fans on the curbside grille but think this puts the cooling right where it's needed.