Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Rust work and delivery tomorrow!

Hello all.

I am finally going to join the owners group after (close to) two months of waiting. It would have been today, but they found the dash A/C went out just yesterday. Thankfully they have taken the responsibility and ate the repair. They have done a lot of work to it on their dime. They did the radiator (new unit). When i went to see it yesterday they had three men in the pit coating the frame 'as much a they can' with a rust primer. I bought a few gallons of my own and was very pleased they beat me to it. I won't be sending mine back, I will use it somewhere.

About all the rust, I was all but ready to fly to NM when i found this one almost next door. I looked up it's history and it came from Michigan and spent time in Ohio. It's frame is rusty. I got under it when I was first looking at it and found most of it is superficial and not too bad. I did see cracked airbags and and rusty break springs cans. I have copied some of the final work order for 'your' enjoyment.

GUEST WOULD LIKE AN ESTIMATE ON REPLACEMENT OF THE SUSPENSION AIRBAGS.
CORRECTION: LIFTED AND SUPPORTED COACH . REMOVED ALL WHEELS. REMOVED ALL AIR BAGS.
HAD TO CUT AND CHISSLE BOLTS OFF OF MULTIPLE BAGS BECAUSE OF EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF
RUST. ONCE ALL OLD BAGS WERE OFF CLEANED MOUNTING SURFACE AND INSTALLED NEW AIR
BAGS. SECURED ALL AIR BAGS AND HOOKED UP AIR LINES. RAN COACH AND LET ALL AIR BAGS AIR
UP . ONCE AIR SYSTEM FULL PERFORMED RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT. TOOK FOR TEST DRIVE.
COACH RIDES GOOD AND NO NOISE .EVERYTHING WORKING AS IT SHOULD AT THIS TIME.
TECH# 1460 32 HRS LABOR.

GUEST STATES CREATE ESTIMATE FOR REPLACING BRAKE CANISTERS.
CAUSE: REPLACED ALL BRAKE CANISTERS PER GUEST.
CORRECTION: LIFTED AND SUPPORTED COACH. REMOVED ALL WHEELS. CAGED BRAKES AND BED
AIR SYSTEM. DISCONNECTED AIR LINES FROM BRAKE CANISTERS.REMOVED CLEVIS PINS AND
REMOVED OLD BRAKE CANISTERS . AGAIN HAD TO CUT AND CHISEL BOLT AND NUTS OFF BECAUSE
OF EXCESSIVE RUST . EVEN AFTER SOAKING BOLTS WITH LUBRICANT TO TRY AND FREE THEM UP .
INSTALLED NEW BRAKE CANISTERS. INSTALLED CLEVIS PINS AND INSTALED COTTER PINS TO KEEP
CEVIS PINS FROM SLIDING OUT. INSTALLED AIR LINES AND UNCAGED BRAKES. STARTED COACH AND
AIRED UP . TESTED BRAKING SYSTEM. EVERYTHING WORKING AS DESIGNED AT THIS TIME. PEDAL
FEELS GOOD AND NO LEAKS DETECTED AFTER LEAK TESTING WITH SOAPY WATER.
TECH#1460 16 HRS LABOR.
TECH #1314 12 HRS LABOR..

In the thread for the wet spline conversion I put in a comment that the dealers shop was not going to inspect it. In one email from them, I was told their mechanic said it was an issue with an older model coach. I know what i saw (that comment), but they did crack open the PTO / pump , cleaned it up, said it was okay and greased it. I got the correct grease for it now. I have the 1 inch wet PTO conversion kit coming and will do that this winter most likely.

CORRECTION: LIFTED AND SUPPORTED COACH . REMOVED BOlTS THAT HOLD PTO ON AND SLID BACK
PTO. INSPECTED SPLINES ON SHAFT EVERYTHING LOOKS FINE. SHAFT IS LUBED AND SPINES LOOK
GOOD AT THIS TIME. CLEANED MATING SURFACE, INSTALLED NEW GASKET FOR PTO, AND SLID PTO
BACK ON AND TIGHTENED PTO BACK DOWN .
TECH#1460 1.0 HR LABOR

I know they read the comments in the group. Thanks Trent for all hard work.

I'll post some pic of the new beast tomorrow !
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Well the dealer gave it to me with a bad slack adjuster and a loose bolt on the other one (drive axle). Cant wait to see how the breaks are now. Now that's fixed. They call me and tell me the chassis batteries are shot. I wasn't totally surprised. It never let me down, but it did at the two shops I had to too. More to come. still planning on an east coast trip by the end of August. Signed up for RV trip wizard. Good stuff. planning next summers mid west trip. Thanks for listening.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835