Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-07-2010

Default TV removal

Has anyone had the oppertunity to remove the front TV, my surge protector has malfunctioned and I don't know just how to remove the TV to get to it?
Thanks,
Terry
Old 09-08-2010

Default TV removal

Hi, Sorry to hear about your tv. I have not removed ours yet, but it looks like you need to remove the bottom vent panel that hangs under the tv. It just pulls straight down. That will give you access to a couple of screws that hold the bottom of the tv in place. Now we are getting into unknown territory. I think there is a bracket from which the tv is hung from. It would be a good idea to have an extra set of hands to hold it at this point. Probably it swings forward to release from the top.

Hope this helps (hopefully you will get a response from someone who has done the entire swap for a new surge protector).
Missouri
Old 09-08-2010

Terry, are you sure the surge protector is behind the TV? Even if it is I think you’ll find that you can reach around to the back of the TV through the center cabinet. On mine, there is enough slack on the cables connected to the components to pull them out of the way to gain some access to the rear.

The glass doors are easy to remove to give yourself more room to work and a stool comes in handy to be able to reach up in there.

I know for certain that the plug for the TV is in this center location as the outlet back there is marked TV. You can see it if you shine a light back in there. That outlet cuts out when the ignition is turned on as to not allow the TV to be on while driving.

You can unplug the TV from that outlet and plug it into another outlet back there that is powered by the inverter. This would allow the kids to use the TV while the bus is being driven down the highway but I would not recommend trying to watch a football game while driving
Old 09-08-2010

Mine has a plywood divider between the TV and the compartment that the Bose, etc are located and there is a small hole that the wires pass. There is a power strip behind the TV and another behind the Kenwood CD changer, both of which are pluged in above the TV on the bulkhead. I don't have any power to the strip behind the changer and the one behind the TV has power but buzzes. I used an extention cord and pluged in the Sima, A/B switch and they come on, I reset the power strip that the Bose is pluged in and it came on, the TV came on but the Sat. driver switch dosen't come on. The bedroom TV and DVD player were fried along with the surge protector. Everything else 110 seems to work, ref., AC's, microwave, so I came out fairly good sofar. I think that if I replace the power strips or surge protectors I should be OK.
Old 09-08-2010

Terry, did I miss something? What electrical problem did you have?

Sounds as if my overhead is configured differently than you’re as my carpeted plywood divider does not run all the way to the bulkhead, therefore allowing access to the back simply by removing the components in the center cabinet. As they say…no two Bluebirds are built the same!
Old 09-08-2010

I'm with Robert, check out that 110 VAC circuit that powers the TV. Anytime the ignition switch is turned on, a relay cuts the power to the power strip surge protector that the TV is plugged into. On my M380 there is a second, "always on" power strip surge protector that is adjacent to the one controlled by the ignition switch.

Doc has the first part of the TV removal procedure correctly identified. Once you have removed the fasteners that hold the metal latches on either side of the TV, you have to pull those metal latches downward about 3/4 of an inch to unlock the TV mount. These latches have key hole shaped slots that lock into a grooves machined in the four mounting posts that are fixed to the back of the TV. Pulling the latches down moves the large portion of the keyhole downward allowing the posts to be pulled free. The TV is heavy, the posts are tight fitting in their sockets so four hands are definitely in order. Reverse the procedure to reinstall and lock in place.

Last week, my Bose would not power up. I checked the 110 VAC breakers before starting to disassemble the AV cabinet. The breakers were OK but I found the GFI in the bathroom was tripped. After resetting the GFI, the Bose powered up. I'm really not sure how that 110 VAC circuit is wired. After a bit of trouble shooting, I also found that the fuse powering the over the air TV signal amplifier was blown. Changed it out and have over the air TV again.
Old 09-08-2010

If you just pry on it with some crow bars like they did mine she will come out of there one way or another! Ha, Dan you are so correct, that is the proper way to get her out. Be careful it is a little heavy when you pull the two latches down. I am going back with a nice 40" Samsung LED back lit LCD that is cool to the touch, is 1" thick, and will run off of batteries forever. If I remeber correctly there is a 4 gang plug up top behind the Plasma that one side is switched by ignition and the other side is hot all the time. I justed moved my tv power strip to the side that was hot all the time so it would work going down the road.

Bose goes off because power to the Bose Head Unit comes from the Acustimas Module under the dining room table which is plugged into GFI circuit from the bathroom. When the module under the table is off the Bose is dead.
lloyd.chaffin@att.net
Old 09-08-2010

Lloyd thanks for clearing up my confusion regarding the Bose power. My observations now make some sense.

The 40" Samsung sounds super. So how goes the the rest of your restoration project? Getting any relief from the service center who didn't take care of your coach while it was in their custody?
Old 09-08-2010

Dan,
Thanks for asking. I have made some very good progress with Cummins. Dennis Torres which is another M380 owner was a very huge help and without him I would have never got as far as I have. I haven't really had time to get permissions from him or the people who have helped me at Cummins to post things about what has happened but I am close to letting yall know what happened. I should be able to let you know shortly what happened.

Stay Tuned.
lloyd.chaffin@att.net
Old 09-09-2010

Hi Lloyd, So glad to hear you are making progress. We have been concerned about the events you have had to deal with.
Thanks for the additional information on the electronics...it is all information we will need eventually. This is such a great resource!
Missouri