Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 08-18-2022

Default Some of My Favorite Things

Greetings WOG ,

Now that I have logged a little over 3k miles and a little over 14 days of living I started to think about all the coaches I have owned and some of my favorite things in them . I'm going to stick to just the 4 BB I have owned and would love to hear some of your favorite items you have loved .

Mid Door , I must say by far to date this is #1 on my list . I love how it separates the living room from the rest of the house . Maybe it's because i grew up in a row home in Philly and you entered the home in the living room then worked your way to the kitchen that might be why ?? As to fuel stop needing to walk 8 steps well how often with 300 g do we need to stop ? Not often .

#2 I love the Hugh exhaust fan in the kitchen, maybe they all have it but i do love it . Maybe because Erika loves to burn Colliflower yuck!!

#3 my PT 1986 8v92 was mechanical freight train man could she get up and go.

#4 by far my 2000 LXI was the most exquisite design and comfort of them all

So tell me what you like most about your Coach

1997 WB Mid Door 43'
2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45 (sold)
1986 PT (sold)
1993 WB (sold)

Cheraw SC
alperna@yahoo.com
Old 08-18-2022

Our coach is nothing but Cherry wood everyplace. Much more of a warm feel than the laminate in the other coach, but more work to keep up. Then next would be the bedroom in this coach is much bigger than the old one and because the bed is a north/south configuration, Michele doesn't have to jump hurdles in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, because my feet hang over the end of the bed. Speaking of bathrooms the private toilet is a plus also.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 08-18-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Our coach is nothing but Cherry wood everyplace. Much more of a warm feel than the laminate in the other coach, but more work to keep up. Then next would be the bedroom in this coach is much bigger than the old one and because the bed is a north/south configuration, Michele doesn't have to jump hurdles in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, because my feet hang over the end of the bed. Speaking of bathrooms the private toilet is a plus also.
Jim , the North South is one I never owned and she would have mad the top 3 for me also . But I must say Erika does Love her walk in closet which gives me all the other closets in the bathroom . Also I would like all wood I have some but you can never have enough wood

1997 WB Mid Door 43'
2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45 (sold)
1986 PT (sold)
1993 WB (sold)

Cheraw SC
alperna@yahoo.com
Old 08-18-2022

Me? I am just estatic to own one, and especially a PT/WB type. It's mauve inside, faded and dated, but I smile every time I walk by it or inside it. I am slowly fixing it up for dependability and will later focus on looks.
1988 WBWL #3907
Serial #79235
8v92 DDEC1
Old 08-18-2022
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDigger View Post
Me? I am just estatic to own one, and especially a PT/WB type. It's mauve inside, faded and dated, but I smile every time I walk by it or inside it. I am slowly fixing it up for dependability and will later focus on looks.
Woody used to say everytime he drove his bus his a$$would laugh!.
I feel the same way!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-18-2022

I love a good working Aquahot. Endless hot water showers was a selling feature. I spent a lot of time getting mine working properly. If it doesn't work, I am like a bear with a sore a$$. LOL
AA3RA
1997 WLWB43 (Current)
1986 PT40 (Sold)
Old 08-18-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDigger View Post
Your right Tim. I started out with a 19' class c. It was so small that the wife had to sleep on the driver and passenger seats, with a cooler in between and a foam pad on top. I slept on the dinette seat and the two kids in the berth above the cab. I couldn't fit up there and that dictated the selections we made. Then a couple of more class Cs and a Winnerbegger class A. All of which made great memories, but also drove me to my ultimate goal of owning a Coach and a Wanderlodge in particular. So I'm just happy to own one and even happier to be a part of a great group of people.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 08-18-2022
Forum owner

OK,i know i'm a saleman of fine wanderlodges,but the real truth is i loved the 2 WB's i had,i loved the PT i had and i loved both of the LXI's i have had (still have the 2nd one.)
I have to say they have all been very good coachs.
Which one is my fav?
i really can't say.
Both WB's had laminate cabinets,easy to clean,bright.
Both LXI's had cherry wood,nice and warm and i love that.
All had private toilets.
3 of the 4 had S60s and aquahots.
I liked the look of the WB better,the headlights etc.
But i have to say the LXI is one fine machine.
Having said all of that i'm really looking forward to using my 71 pusher bird,35 feet,and simple as gomer pile.
Classic looks are hard to beat!!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-18-2022

My LXi is my first motorhome and there isn't much I don't like about it. We upgraded after being at Pine Mountain in our little 5th wheel many years ago and being surrounded by awesome machines. I absolutely love driving my coach and I still smile whenever I walk inside. I can honestly say we loved the interior so much we spent a lot of time and money building her back to like new. After our fire we did look at a few 450's and at least one 380. Even a couple of, dare I say it, Prevosts. They were all nice but just not what we fell in love with. I would love to find an older model like Randy has and "make it my own". With my new found knowledge of Wanderlodge construction I think I could do a good job of making an older coach a little more modern.

David & Nicole Stokes and Myla
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
2000 43' LXi SS
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677
Old 08-18-2022
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stokes View Post
My LXi is my first motorhome and there isn't much I don't like about it. We upgraded after being at Pine Mountain in our little 5th wheel many years ago and being surrounded by awesome machines. I absolutely love driving my coach and I still smile whenever I walk inside. I can honestly say we loved the interior so much we spent a lot of time and money building her back to like new. After our fire we did look at a few 450's and at least one 380. Even a couple of, dare I say it, Prevosts. They were all nice but just not what we fell in love with. I would love to find an older model like Randy has and "make it my own". With my new found knowledge of Wanderlodge construction I think I could do a good job of making an older coach a little more modern.
Ohh yeah,you could make us all proud of you,heck,you already have!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com