Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 07-11-2021

Default 67 FC Gasser runs

I need to find a new home for Retro - 1967 FCSB. 391 Ford engine with cam, headers & holley carb. Engine runs - I started it last week. Interior partially gutted, need new water tank. I will include a new 16 gallon propane / electric / motor heat water heater. Needs furnace (I put in the air intake and exhaust for combustion air for a suburban, but then installed the heater into Shadow) Needs new fridge - I was going to put in a DC powered Danfoss compressor fridge.

Good: Cheap, Runs, lots of possibilities. Split rims have been replaced.

Bad: Juice brakes , no Ebrake - was removed by PO. could be replaced with original type or new fabrication disc driveshaft brake.

This can be a donor for someone who needs a ford motor and working transmission, or a project.

My town is starting to enforce RV parking ordinance and I have "legal" room for only one bus - I have had shadow ('88 PT 40) out on the driveway with no problems for years, but they just hired a bunch of kiddie cops er community service officers to enforce these things, so Shadow will have to go behind the fence and Retro has to go..... away.

I have a couple of months till Shadow comes down from our campspot and / or road trips, so I can work issues on Retro to get it driveable (mostly putting front end back together from swing rad mod). Rig is currently registered and licensed in Ca.

Price Negotiable. Really REALLY negotiable. The engine and transmission should be worth a couple of grand at least. I know there are a few rigs out there that use this motor, here is a chance to pick up a spare!

If you are interested, get in touch. I will be happy to discuss this rig with you. I put a couple of pictures in, the inside pic gives a sense of the style of the bus but not it's current condition. http://retroactivecoach.blogspot.com has more pictures (and too many words!) of it's condition and my plans. Been too busy working on Shadow and camping to get much done on Retro.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ext-6x4.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	76088   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3263.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	76090  
88 Jeep Cherokee "Indy"
Old 08-08-2021

Possibly interested. Do you have current pics of interior? Been working on finding an older unit. Right now don't have two nickels to rub together but in process of selling one of our properties in the next few months. Any idea what you need to have?
Dennis McLain
dennisdeanmclain@gmail.com
Old 08-08-2021

I will contact you with a PM, I still have Retro, I will update this thread when he has a new home. Thank you for your interest.
88 Jeep Cherokee "Indy"
Old 1 Week Ago

Retro Has a new home!

Forum member Rover has accepted Retro for his "Alaska Brain Bus" project. I have spent the last 3 months (exactly, actually! ) working on various issues to make Retro road worthy. Adam found, with the help of the forums, the parts needed for the parking brake which we installed together on Thursday. We worked together on Retro from Thursday through Saturday the 10th, and yesterday at 10:03 AM, Rover headed North with Retro to begin Retro's new life of service to the Alaskan brain injury community. Certainly Rover has his work cut out with the restoration of the interior to become a mobile medical clinic. I look forward to following progress through the forums.

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=39380 is a link to the forum thread regarding Rover's project for those of us interested in following his progress.
88 Jeep Cherokee "Indy"