Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Heating System Question

I have a 1999 LXi with hydronic heat. Circumstances make it necessary to remain up north for a couple of extra weeks and temperatures are expected to drop to a low of 10 degrees for a few nights. I have not drained my water system because I was anticipating heading south by now. I have a 50A electric connection. I am using the electric heating element in my hydronic heating system to heat the luggage/utility bays. I am running the electric resistance heaters in the kitchen and bathroom. Will this be enough to prevent pipes freezing during the upcoming cold weather? If I drain my domestic water system can I still use the electric element in my hydronic system?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

yes it does not drain with domestic water separate system
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I think you should be ok, but others with more cold weather experience should chime in. If you have electric heat on the aqua hot, you should be ok with domestic water. If you have washer, I would make sure the closet door is open also lower kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

We have used the AH in our SOB to keep the coach warm and prevent lines from freezing in colder weather while parked and plugged into our 50 amp outlet. But our AH has 2 110 volt elements. How cold will it be? I gravity drain the lines just to be safe. I really worry about the AH. If a line inside rhe AH freezes you will have a huge expense. If it is going to be very cold fire up the Diesel on the AH. Unless you have a 220 volt AH the electric elements do not provide a lot of heat in cold temps.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Gravity will not drain the aqua hot. Just keep the electric element on and it will be fine.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

What is the down side to turning on the Aqua Hot to run on diesel? I leave mine on when it might reach 32F when its outside. Why risk it? Let me know if I'm missing something
stuart@safcofoam.com
Old 4 Weeks Ago

i turn my electric element on in aquahot while parked here at home and i turn on the diesel boiler if temp gets down to low for element to handle load i want coach above freezing so diesel is used
i have heated this way for months at a time the draw back i guess is diesel usage to me thats no big deal coach repair or burn fuel so i set zones at 50 and let-r rip!! i keep my tank full and aquahot serviced
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 3 Days Ago

I'm with Irmagoo. When temps were dropping down to freezing or below, instead of winterising the water system, (I am plugged into a 50A also) I turned on AH, set bedroom temp to 50 and turned bay thermostat to 50ish also. Plus I have a little electric oil heater in the living room area. It all keeps the water lines and tank above freezing and a little heat in the living area to keep moisture out. Maybe it use a gallon a week (? I don't know, it isn't much), keeps the AH exercised, and everything else worry free.