Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History

Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History Here's where you can find information related to Blue Bird history. If you have Historical information such as brochures, pictures, advertisements, etc. this is the place to upload them.

Site Search:

Old 4 Days Ago

I think the differences between the model years would be insignificant compared to the differences between two coaches. Pick the coach that matches your preferred layout, materials and color likes, and price and condition. Think you will find these MUCH more important than wether it is a 1999, 2000, 2001, etc. Don’t think Bluebird ever made two alike. Just an opinion.
Old 4 Days Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brookshire View Post
I think the differences between the model years would be insignificant compared to the differences between two coaches. Pick the coach that matches your preferred layout, materials and color likes, and price and condition. Think you will find these MUCH more important than wether it is a 1999, 2000, 2001, etc. Don’t think Bluebird ever made two alike. Just an opinion.

I agree with Jim.
That stuff is small potatos in my world.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 4 Days Ago

To make it simple:
Stud piloted
Wheel is centered by the studs. Studs bear part of the rotating load due to the weight of the vehicle. Due to the effects of the rotating loading, the nuts on the right hand side of the vehicle tend to turn towards the right, while the left side nuts tend to turn towards the left. This is why left/right handed lug nuts.
Hub piloted:
Wheel is centered by the hub. Studs bear only the torque loads from engine/transmission and brake. No tendancy for the lugs to turn either direction, so all are right handed.
Slightly higher cost to machine the mating surfaces on the hub and wheel for the hub piloted version.

Side note: Bicycles are subject to the same forces. Pedals on a bicycle are opposite threads, right hand on the right and left hand on the left. Bottom brackets used to come in different flavors, with some having the right hand cup with a right hand thread and some with the right cup being a left hand thread. Combined with different spindle lengths, it made ordering replacement parts interesting. (Yes, there were at least two thread profiles also). To make it even more interesting, they were named for the country that made them popular, thus French, Italian, English, and Swiss threadings.

One more note: if you have an LXi (or any bus that has/had a propane refrigerator), check the air intake panel where the refrigerator mounts for watertight integrity.

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 3 Days Ago

Stephen, interesting stuff and the final note on the fridge especially important as sooner of later everyone is swapping them out!

Thank you...
Old 3 Days Ago

Watch for forthcoming article on rot repair due to water leak through/around that panrl. Repair to be done after I’m able to move back out of the bus into my house (Michael damage).

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022