Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 6 Days Ago

Whatever Mike had for his controller mod, I bought 6' of it from him at WOG. Some type of high voltage heavily insulated stiff red wire, he had a roll of it, maybe he'll chime in.

Andy & Jean Harmon
Dakota (our Aussie traveling buddy)
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42
Old 6 Days Ago

that looks great Andy.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 4 Days Ago

Andy, how did you handle the "B" six-pin and "C" 8-pin Webasto control connectors or were those wires eliminated?
You mentioned you completely rewired the Aqua Hot and Webasto burner with long wire back to the terminal strip with no butt splices. Just trying to get the re-wiring straight in my head in case I choose to perform this mod on our LXI.
Is the system still working as designed...only better?
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 4 Days Ago

good find andy and nice work,,,sounds like a good choice for the job..
the is 8866 high voltage wire i think it raining like crazy here in south carolina so will verify later
beldon 8866 is correct
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.

Last edited by irmagoo; 3 Days Ago at 10:54 AM.
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Andy, how did you handle the "B" six-pin and "C" 8-pin Webasto control connectors or were those wires eliminated?
You mentioned you completely rewired the Aqua Hot and Webasto burner with long wire back to the terminal strip with no butt splices. Just trying to get the re-wiring straight in my head in case I choose to perform this mod on our LXI.
All the Webasto circuits are replaced with Beckett control circuits and the dash light control relay circuit I added. Its was really simple once I started replacing each circuit and it's not that different than the Webasto wiring, you still have the same burner components to control and they all have a hot and a ground. The flame detector (cad cell) ground wire has to come all the way out of the burner though, where it was grounded on the gas solenoid valve originally. We can have a tech session at Vidalia and go over this mod in detail for those who will be there and are interested.

The Beckett controller works as designed, but I have put no run time on it beyond modification testing. I'll do that over Christmas though. One operation that was lost is if you elect to turn off the Aqua Hot from the dash switch while the diesel burner is ON, then there is no 2 minute purge after the burner shuts down like it does when the controller shuts it down. This is because main power to the controller is cut prior to its being able to control burner shutdown. Just let the controller shut down the burner and purge in response to the 190 degree control thermostat opening, then turn off the dash switch and everything is the same. Is this a problem, I don't believe it is because this is not a normal or frequent operation, at least for me.

Andy & Jean Harmon
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42
Old 4 Days Ago

Andy, thanks for the clarification on replacing each Webasto circuit with a Beckett control circuit. A Tech Session at Vidalia in February would be great and we plan to be there.

Glad your Beckett 12VDC controller and igniter appear to be working satisfactorily. Thanks again for the reply.

https://www.beckettcorp.com/wp-conte...rol-Manual.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher View Post
All the Webasto circuits are replaced with Beckett control circuits and the dash light control relay circuit I added. Its was really simple once I started replacing each circuit and it's not that different than the Webasto wiring, you still have the same burner components to control and they all have a hot and a ground. The flame detector (cad cell) ground wire has to come all the way out of the burner though, where it was grounded on the gas solenoid valve originally. We can have a tech session at Vidalia and go over this mod in detail for those who will be there and are interested.

The Beckett controller works as designed, but I have put no run time on it beyond modification testing. I'll do that over Christmas though. One operation that was lost is if you elect to turn off the Aqua Hot from the dash switch while the diesel burner is ON, then there is no 2 minute purge after the burner shuts down like it does when the controller shuts it down. This is because main power to the controller is cut prior to its being able to control burner shutdown. Just let the controller shut down the burner and purge in response to the 190 degree control thermostat opening, then turn off the dash switch and everything is the same. Is this a problem, I don't believe it is because this is not a normal or frequent operation, at least for me.
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 3 Days Ago
In The Learning Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher View Post
I attached a schematic I drew for review and anyone interested. Also, Clint if you're interested, maybe you could make a nice one from it (hint). Hand drawing it wore me out, I made so many errors that had to be corrected.
It's in the queue, hopefully I'll get to it during the Christmas break. Got a few other things going on right now. Great work!
1995 WB 42 "The Magic Carpet"
Semper Fi
-----------------------------------------
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
It's in the queue, hopefully I'll get to it during the Christmas break.
That's great Clint. Feel free to simplify the drawing and make it less of a wiring diagram and more of a schematic. The way I drew it is an as-built wiring diagram of my installation so I can keep my blue box up to date and may not be relevant to someone else's installation. Since posting it I have revised it anyway for some wire colors changes and clarification. When you begin I can email it to you or post again if you like.

Andy & Jean Harmon
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42
Old 5 Hours Ago

Dick here is the latest revision of my wiring diagram, no changes schematically only wire colors and notes. You'll have it anyway for your mod if it helps. Call me if you have any questions 352 six 3 four 2610.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aqua-Hot Wiring Diagram.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	59549  

Andy & Jean Harmon
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42