Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 2 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revision View Post
Thanks for the reply. Some follow ups:

Anywhere in the top of the state, or specifically the panhandle? Any further location preference (ie: close to water, family, etc?)

Are you hoping to build a house on the property once you're settled, or build out part of the warehouse?

Do you have a buyer's agent representing you? If not, why not?
I like the Milton area, clean small town with low crime and close enough to a bigger town (Pensacola). We also looked at Marianna, but it was hit hard by the hurricane and isn't really close to any big towns. I have no family up there. I like the weather up there better, not as hot or crowded. I do not want another traditional house. I want a shop! I have a house and all it is good for is a place to eat, sleep and shower. I spend all of my free time in the garage or under the carport, tinkering. I would LOVE to have a giant tinker space that I could build a little apartment inside to live in. No buyers agent, not even sure where I'd find one. I'm flying blind, as you can tell. Help is always appreciated.

Fort Myers, Florida
1982 FC33 3208T "EM-50" - SOLD
1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"

danahcks@aol.com
Old 2 Hours Ago

1) It may be cheaper/easier for you to buy land or land with a house and build the shop. Try looking on CL for land sellers willing to hold the note (owner financing.)

2) I did a VERY quick google search and found these people, close to milton http://www.realtyhouse.com/ Basically, there are agents that specialize in commercial property. They are just like an agent for a house, except they focus in commercial. They will have you sign a buyer's rep agreement that says that they represent you in all purchase transactions exclusively. Generally speaking, they will get paid by the seller at closing, typically a 50/50 split between buyer and seller agents of the 5%. Happy to review if you want, or you can work with the RE attorney you mentioned earlier. You can also shop around...again that was a quick google search.
Old 2 Hours Ago

Thanks. I've tried to steer away from anything labeled "commercial" due to zoning issues and most places not allowing you to reside in them unless there is a loop hole like Randy found allowing him to reside in there. Genius!

Fort Myers, Florida
1982 FC33 3208T "EM-50" - SOLD
1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"

danahcks@aol.com
Old 1 Hour Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
Thanks. I've tried to steer away from anything labeled "commercial" due to zoning issues and most places not allowing you to reside in them unless there is a loop hole like Randy found allowing him to reside in there. Genius!
A buyers agent would be able to separate the wheat from the chaff for you and likely would know of property not found elsewhere that would actually fit your criteria.
As Revision said there should be no cost to you for his/her service and the signature on the agent agreement is only to insure he gets his cut from the seller and to lock you into their services rather than playing the field. They have to make a living too.
Flying blind long distance on real estate you are likely missing a lot of opportunities. Local knowledge is a good investment especially if it only costs you some ink.
If it doesn't work out by the end of the agreed term, no loss and no cost to you.
I would question the credibility of anyone selling commercial property on CL but that is just me perhaps. Not a craigslist fan.
Good luck
Old 1 Hour Ago

Actually a commercial agent is probably a better fit...they'll understand more about zoning and regulations than a residential agent ever will...just lay out your case and criteria and turn them loose. Residential agents are more about selling you the kitchen than understanding underlying logic. You might also consider an agent specializing in farms...I could easily see a barn designed for a large tractor being able to accommodate the bus.

RE: people selling via CL, I don't shy away from it at all...more and more it is becoming the tool of investors and people looking for deals, not to mention it is free advertising, so everyone is using it these days wherein it used to be more fringe. On this note, don't neglect to check facebook marketplace as well...again, up and coming for RE transactions.

Lastly, wanted to clarify re: rep agreement. It SHOULDN'T cost you anything, provided the seller's agent is willing to split the commission with your agent, however a good (from the agent's perspective) representation agreement will require you to pay them A)if the seller won't/can't or B)if they bring to you a property that meets absolutely all of your criteria, you put it under contract and then back out for no good reason. The first part is hard to negotiate around, although usually it is not an issue but you'd know ahead of time, so no surprises. If B) comes up, then just modify the agreement to reflect that you'll only pay them if they bring you a deal that closes. Again, happy to review for you if you decide to go this route.
Old 53 Minutes Ago

Furthermore, you can write it in the agreement so that they only get paid on deals they bring you, so you wouldn't have to pay them if you found something on your own. That being said, even if you DID find something you were interested in, having an agent to draw up legal contracts/offers and handle the transaction details can be well worth it. You can always forego this if you are already working with a RE attorney.

Also you don't even really need to hire one exclusively...you can call them all and see what they have that might fit. Also call the town office and see if they know of anything that is for sale or under tax lien, which is indicative of pre-foreclosure.

Last edited by Revision; 39 Minutes Ago at 06:25 PM. Reason: Dual agency is outlawed in FL.