Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches Wanted

Coaches Wanted Looking to buy a particular coach? Place your request here.

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2019

Default Looking to make a PT35-36 our ride!

Well, time for being a lurker is over, I guess- we've moved from reading blogs, looking up engine specs and discussing horsepower needs to deciding a BB PT 35-36 might just fit our travel needs perfectly! We're taking our business on the road (airshow / aircraft graphics)- need to tow a good sized trailer, and we're not particular about interiors. Hope to get a sound, well-maintained chassis, with documentation of past work/repairs. We're on the west coast, so thank you anyone who may have a BB you wouldn't mind us peeking at- to ask questions of, or just get to know better.

Have enjoyed all the helpfulness evident on the WOG group, and enjoyed speaking with Randy about our plans - thanks for your help!
Old 08-03-2019
Skidder

Jerri:

Nice looking trailer for sale on Randy's sight. Good luck on your hunt, and "happy trails" on your new and upcoming adventures.

Wannabee
Old 10-02-2019

If I'm not mistaken the original posters are no longer wannabes. Hopefully they'll post an update here soon. I helped the seller buy the coach not long ago, it was a good one and still can't believe he sold it!
VB 1570
Old 10-02-2019

Yep, can't believe it either and it was my bus that they drove away with!

After having the bus for a few months, I realized (kinda did before but glossed over it cause I wanted one) that it wasn't a good fit right now for how I planned to use it (prob 7 times a year, relatively local) with my camping group, all of which have travel trailers right now and can camp on soft, grassy surfaces even on wet soil. It was/is an awesome bus and I'll probably still continue to have bird fever, so might end up with another one (sorry Marcus ) sometime down the road when I can use it more. Certainly learned a lot in the meantime.

The new owners are an awesome couple and no doubt will be along in the near future. They've sent me a video clip & the occasional email from their trip home which of course makes me second guess my decision. haha

Will update my signature shortly Thanks all !!

1988 PT36 SOLD
Old 10-03-2019

Wow Bob! It seems as if you were just getting the Bird ready to fly (with you in it of course)! I had a great time meeting you and your friends at the Taste of New Paltz. Do come back next year with your friends!!

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 10-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlefty View Post
Wow Bob! It seems as if you were just getting the Bird ready to fly (with you in it of course)! I had a great time meeting you and your friends at the Taste of New Paltz. Do come back next year with your friends!!
haha Dan, seems that way because it really was ! New Paltz was a really fun time & was great meeting/hanging with the group - you, Nick, Matt, Judy, Irv, Mike & Tom (with a brief appearance by Lil & Steve) and even Markus because I guess he's ok too

And already planning on New Paltz for next year !!

1988 PT36 SOLD
Old 10-09-2019

Default Our BB Family Member arrived!

WOG friends & viewers- we recently purchased Bob's '88 PT36, from upstate New York. Quite an adventure getting her to the west coast last week! We want to thank Bob, Markus and those that helped us newbies cross the country with mimimal 'whoops' moments as we learn about our new family member! As part of our aviation art business (I specialize in re-creating the historic nose art & names painted to combat airplanes in WWII) it is only natural our bus have her own name - 'Miss 'B' Haven! Us being the 'Bergens', she being a 'Bird' and definitely our 'haven'! Ive checked the name rolls, and so far, I've not seen this name applied to another bus. If so, please let me know, we'll go to plan 'B' ! (no pun intended!). 'Miss B Haven' is still in Washington, arrives to our airport in Southern California over the weekend, and we'll start outfitting her for airshow work. Thanks, hope to meet many of you on the road!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1376.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	64613  
Closed Thread