Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 07-20-2019

My bus is there right now having a few things taken care of. Don’t let George’s illness dissuade you from send business his way. He has good workers there to take care of things.
Old 08-07-2019

Default update on George Morris

Ok folks...here's the latest. Both good and bad.

George still can't talk, so we texted for a while today.

He has finished the treatments and is home. That's the good news.
He's beat up pretty bad and cannot work yet. Docs said the next two weeks would be the worst physically. And still getting fed thru his feeding tube. Guess his body has to start rebuilding itself. So he won't be able to do any work for a while.

Bad news is, he may have to shut down the shop. He hasn't been able to draw ANY pay from the business and hasn't met payroll in two weeks now.

While his guys do have work, they seem to have trouble collecting from his customers. Even though he holds their coach until paid. I told him he needs to send "Sal or Vito" out to collect. We also discussed him starting to charge a storage fee after perhaps 5 days after work is completed.

I've been to George's place often and it's apparent some folks are taking "liberty" with easy going nature and leaving their coaches there for very long periods of time.

But, George is a fighter. One way or another, he'll get thru this. Hopefully he doesn't have to shut down.

Let's all continue to keep George in prayer for health improvement and financial relief. I realize many of us have already contributed to help with medical bills, but any additional help now that George is home would be a blessing.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 08-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Meyer View Post
Ok folks...here's the latest. Both good and bad.

George still can't talk, so we texted for a while today.

He has finished the treatments and is home. That's the good news.
He's beat up pretty bad and cannot work yet. Docs said the next two weeks would be the worst physically. And still getting fed thru his feeding tube. Guess his body has to start rebuilding itself. So he won't be able to do any work for a while.

Bad news is, he may have to shut down the shop. He hasn't been able to draw ANY pay from the business and hasn't met payroll in two weeks now.

While his guys do have work, they seem to have trouble collecting from his customers. Even though he holds their coach until paid. I told him he needs to send "Sal or Vito" out to collect. We also discussed him starting to charge a storage fee after perhaps 5 days after work is completed.

I've been to George's place often and it's apparent some folks are taking "liberty" with easy going nature and leaving their coaches there for very long periods of time.

But, George is a fighter. One way or another, he'll get thru this. Hopefully he doesn't have to shut down.

Let's all continue to keep George in prayer for health improvement and financial relief. I realize many of us have already contributed to help with medical bills, but any additional help now that George is home would be a blessing.
We are still praying for George and maybe even more now that the business issue has reared its ugly head. I hope it gets resolved for him. Don, have George send each of the owners a fish wrapped in newspaper. You know the Luca Brazzi message. "He sleeps with the fishes"

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 08-08-2019

does his shop work on coaches other than birds?
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 08-08-2019

Ernie,
Yes, they work on all makes of coaches. They do have work. But the problem seems to be that people take advantage of his good nature. They repair coaches for people, and too many people let them sit there unpaid. And with no storage fees.

I talked with his wife for a good 1/2 hour yesterday. She agrees, he needs to start charging storage fees. If repairs are not paid for in 5 days. Storage fees start to rack up. At least 30 bucks a day. This would certainly spur people on to pay up and take their coach home. Then after 30 days, or whatever the law calls for, repo the coach and sell it.

George is just too nice of a guy. Great mechanic. Invaluable BB guy. But he needs to get a little stricter in his business practices. Even his wife agrees with that.

I hope to get down to GA and spend some time with George in the very near future. Doctors say a couple of months to get back physically. He won't know for 3 months if the cancer is all gone. In the mean time, we just ask that everyone keep him in prayer that everything works out OK.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 08-08-2019
Black Sheep Division

Does he work on engines? I still need the Jakes fixed.

TOM
Old 08-08-2019

One thing George does not work on is engines.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 08-08-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansax View Post
Does he work on engines? I still need the Jakes fixed.

TOM
You need the bus grease monkey, from IN, travels to the job, works on two strokes.

https://www.youtube.com/user/avonpic...able_polymer=1
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 08-08-2019

I know its a little way off and I am not in a position to make any decisions but maybe the powers that be would consider donating a good portion of the WOG rally auction to George and family. This might entice more people/vendors to donate more things to be auctioned. Just a thought.

Lance and Terry Wilson
Decatur, Al
1994 WB
1979 FC31
1983 PT40 (Sold)
Lance.wilson59@gmail.com
386-785-5551
Old 08-08-2019

https://busgreasemonkey.com/index.php?p=/
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835