Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > First-Timers and Newcomers

First-Timers and Newcomers Are you a first-timer, newcomer, or even a "wannabe"? This is the place to get your questions anwered.

Site Search:

Old 08-22-2016

Default LOOKING AT FC 35??

I am looking at this FC35, Anyone have history on it?
http://www.buybyebluebird.com/show.p...t=added%20DESC
Old 08-23-2016

Default Thoughts on the 88 35FC

Hi,
Up here in Alaska, whatever plane an owner has, is the best thing to own up here! So my input, is from a guy that owns a 87 FC. Was on the site for a long time saving up to pay cash for one.
But for me, I wanted a FC, figured it would work better on gravel roads in the "boonies". To me the 87-89, FC,s are not as vintage looking as the older ones, but like the 300 HP and 5 speed Trans.
So I ended up buying a "fix upper" 87 FC. Was that a good idea? Time will tell.
Now the one you are looking at is really nice. The floor is very pretty.
Randy mentioned, if you had the same year FC and an SP, parked next to each other, looking at the insides, most folks would like the SP better.
Now I have not driven any other Wanderlodges to compare mine to.
Now some things I noticed, that floor is worth like $3000, the newer upholstery maybe 1500-$2000. Looks like a newer backup camera, very much needed.
I ended up using some credit card debt to buy mine, did get it paid off pretty fast.
Another member said, that what caught his attention, was just walking on the floor. It is solid, like walking in a bank vault.
Here is where I may stir up some attention, the FC,s are classic, so maybe in the future a end of production FC models, the 87-89,s; may have more interest from collectors. Not a lot of 87-89 FC,s made.
Use the buyers checklist, see what does not work to start with.
I run mine, with a max pyro temp of 1000 and below 2400 rpm on the tach, so cruising at 55 towing my 69 Buick, I want the engine to last. Running around AZ with grades and at 4,500 ft elevation.
Do not buy this one if you want a queen in the back. Mine was twin beds, converted by the second owner to a queen by the factory, cost was like $5000.
This unit is priced nice. 87-89FC and SP,s seem to sell quick for nice ones.
Hope this helps you.
Cat 3208TA
Old 08-23-2016
Skidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybird View Post
I am looking at this FC35, Anyone have history on it?
http://www.buybyebluebird.com/show.p...t=added%20DESC
Ricki Pinostraybird)

If you want an honest opinion, and some history, the best person to talk to is Randy, who is advertising that coach on Buy Bye Bird.

He is a straight shooter with lots of Bluebird knowledge,and will answer any questions honestly and straight forward, and can also help you in your bird search.

Wannabee
Old 08-23-2016

Randy, you want to pipe-in?
Old 08-23-2016

[QUOTE=straybird;351455]Randy, you want to pipe-in?[/QUOT

go
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 08-24-2016
Forum owner

sure!
I thought you wanted info from the guys,so i was sitting back and watching.
The coach belonged to a WOG member,Dave Swan,he and his wife lived aboard for 5? years or so,working while traveling.
They retired and i sold the coach for them.
I have never seen it,but i have never heard anything bad about it,if you look back on WOG at Dave Swans posts,it was never about breaking down and having problems.
It seems like a nice coach,and the only thing i see it the factory mirrors have been replaced with a school bus type mirror,on the outside.
Could have been Daves preference,who knows?

Someone just told me that Dave passed away,but they spoke with his wife,and she said if Dave was alive and knew the coach was for sale he would buy it back,he really missed the old girl.

Normally a coach thats lived in has been taken care of,if the owner is not just parked somewhere and never moves it.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-24-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
sure!
I thought you wanted info from the guys,so i was sitting back and watching.
The coach belonged to a WOG member,Dave Swan,he and his wife lived aboard for 5? years or so,working while traveling.
They retired and i sold the coach for them.
I have never seen it,but i have never heard anything bad about it,if you look back on WOG at Dave Swans posts,it was never about breaking down and having problems.
It seems like a nice coach,and the only thing i see it the factory mirrors have been replaced with a school bus type mirror,on the outside.
Could have been Daves preference,who knows?

Someone just told me that Dave passed away,but they spoke with his wife,and she said if Dave was alive and knew the coach was for sale, he would buy it back,he really missed the old girl.

Normally a coach thats lived in has been taken care of,if the owner is not just parked somewhere and never moves it.
I have not commented since I have not seen this Bird for several years and the Cygnus for sale lead to a sad story.
Dave & his wife were friends, I helped them travel the US & fulltime for several years. Once residing in Bend,OR. and grand kids in NC.
Search forum for Dave Swan, I do not remember anything serious, just the usual 12 Volt questions, Domestic water, and a few air leaks, The next owner found my phone number and we had several conversations. The last work that I know about was done by George Morris, maybe a few years ago.
Dave was a healthy active person and road Bicycles with a group named the Rusty Chain, I sent the sale add to his wife Sam, to my surprise she told me he would have purchased it again, if he could. I was unaware of his passing.
I now know little about this Bird recently, but it has been a runner.
So, I would suggest check it out and start having fun and adventure "NOW",
Old 08-25-2016
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Randy, What's wrong with your web site? http://www.buybyebluebird.com/ now it lets me scroll from pic to pic without opening and closing a million windows? Nice upgrade! Now if you can just make them a little larger?

About those rear view mirrors. The ones on our Wanderlodge "look" nice but once you've use those tall rectangular mirrors it's hard to settle for the smaller stylish ones. Those large ones are so much better and your view is so much nicer it makes driving much easier!

In fact, when someone buys that coach and wants the nice, fancy mirrors I'll trade with you any day of the week.. Seriously!
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 08-25-2016

Pics look nice. Turbo engine. Looks like deserves a closer look.

Melvin and Charlene Pierce
Scranton, ND
"Smoke N Mirrors" Royale Conversion
1990 PT40WB
Old 08-25-2016
Forum owner

My 71 had the school bus type mirrors from the factory i think,but someone changed them to the early FC style,and now i have changed them to the 90 SP style,Ramcos.
But i think your right Putz,theres nothing wrong with the school bus type mirrors,and they are cheap and easy to get.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com