Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 10-30-2009

Default Battery life

I would like to know what kind of battery life the members have gotten out of the Trojans T-105,s, are thay worth the extra bucks?
thanks as always
Old 10-30-2009
freight train

If every thing is working right( charger) I get 5 plus years with proper battery mainance. For my money they are the best battery on the market.
Bob
gregg@tfon.com
Port Angeles, WA
Old 10-30-2009
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight Train View Post
If every thing is working right( charger) I get 5 plus years with proper battery mainance. For my money they are the best battery on the market.
Bob
Bob is correct. Trojans are excellent batteries. I'm planning on a different tack myself. I think I'm going to need batteries soon (5 year old Interstate Workaholics) so my plan is to get some COSTCO 6V and replace my 55 AMP IOTAs with an Xantrex smarter system. By the way the best batteries built in North America are sold in the USA under the brand name ROLLS. Here's a link to the most expensive batteries you'll currently see being put in an RV. When life is in the equation (remote hospitals, blue water sailers etc.) these batteries have often been selected.

http://www.rollsbattery.com/

Last edited by Rob Robinson; 10-30-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-30-2009

Default T-105's

We use four of them in a walker-stacker (walk behind forklift). Only got about 12 1/2 years out of them. The machine is used a couple of times a week. Great batteries, pricey, but like many of the rest of us they just get
old & tired. BTW, they were still functioning when replaced--just not up speed.:
Cat 3208ATAAC-300
12.5kw Kohler/Yanmar (w/slide)
"Magic carpet made of steel"
Steve Goodman 1970

"You never fail until you stop trying".
Old 10-30-2009
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin41bb View Post
We use four of them in a walker-stacker (walk behind forklift). Only got about 12 1/2 years out of them. The machine is used a couple of times a week. Great batteries, pricey, but like many of the rest of us they just get
old & tired. BTW, they were still functioning when replaced--just not up speed.:
Bill did you say you got 12 years out of some T105 and you thought they were a bit "pricey" in your estimation. I'd kill for that longevity. 12 years.............Priceless ......thank you.
Old 10-30-2009

Default t-105's

Rob,

Went with Sam's club this time--Our Trojan dealer changed to Exide several years ago. We replaced the Workaholic's in our WL about five years ago with
Exides--time to replace again. I don't know how long the Workaholics (looked old) had been installed in the bird when we got it but they performed better than the new Exides. I talked the seller of the walker-stacker into giving us new Trojans when the (used) machine was purchased. So a don't guess I can complain about price.
Cat 3208ATAAC-300
12.5kw Kohler/Yanmar (w/slide)
"Magic carpet made of steel"
Steve Goodman 1970

"You never fail until you stop trying".
Old 10-30-2009
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin41bb View Post
Rob,

Went with Sam's club this time--Our Trojan dealer changed to Exide several years ago. We replaced the Workaholic's in our WL about five years ago with
Exides--time to replace again. I don't know how long the Workaholics (looked old) had been installed in the bird when we got it but they performed better than the new Exides. I talked the seller of the walker-stacker into giving us new Trojans when the (used) machine was purchased. So a don't guess I can complain about price.
Bill I meant SAMs Club. Up here we have Costco and no SAMS so we get confused. Thanks again mate. It will be SAMS for me too
Old 11-09-2009

With all the talk recently about batteries and cables, is there a difference between the original lead type terminal clamps for battery posts and the lug type that fasten to the threaded stud on the battery? I want to replace my cables. Is one better than the other?
Old 11-10-2009
FOX

I rebuilt the battery system in one coach I owned and installed Trojan batteries. They were still all good 6 years later when I sold the coach.

I have 6 house batteries in my present coach that are 4D Deka batteries. They are 8 years old and I replaced one this fall but the other 5 tested good.

The Dekas are not cheap toys as they retail for around $540 each and I paid $356 wholesale. They do appear to be good batteries.

I am no battery expert but I believe the important thing is to have a quality charger with a float maintainer capability (to avoid overcharge) and do not discharge them more than 50%. Deep discharges shorten the battery life exponentially.

I I had to replace all batteries today, I would probably go with the Trojans as being the best cost value.

]
2003 LXI dble. slide
SERIES 60
Alaska & Mexico
Old 11-10-2009

has any one looked at rolls battery sold as surette in canada

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact