Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory

Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory If you have a comment or a question about the Wanderlodge factory, ask them here.

Site Search:

Old 04-07-2010
Forum owner

We moderated this thread because topics like this can get people excited,bad feelings come out and we all feel that someones to blame for the problems..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentmac View Post
Go to the NHTSA site:
http://www.safercar.gov/

select "defect investigations"
select search defects
use DP09006
select search documents
3 days of reading
Am I correct in assuming you are one and the same as Dr. McKillop in the original link/suit discussion?
VB 1570
Old 04-08-2010
pgchd

I read this yesterday morning, thanks David for posting, yes it was " very interesting", I too liked the passages you "highlighted", especially the Bosch testing piece......tanks we have!!! I will not comment on pending litigation but I found the manufacturing process / procedures extremely interesting and informative. Lots of commonality with other products processes I've seen produced. The process information about weighing coaches and certification was very valuable in my opinion. Although I can't 4 corner weigh every year, I am glad I use the scales every year when I'm loaded,and make good use of the blue highways tooling along at 55 pretending I'm on a bike pushing 24 tons!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2010

Sure makes for interesting reading. I cannot figure out how that lawyer knew that Randy traveled with his anvil collection. But he forgot about the sledge hammer collection in the other bay! I dont know if maybe I am reading too much into the deposition but it seems like they are almost suggesting that Cerebus new there was a serious weight problem. At one point it sounded like he was inferring that CCW declared bankruptcy to avoid a lawsuit. Interesting!!

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 04-08-2010
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgchd View Post
I read this yesterday morning, thanks David for posting, yes it was " very interesting", I too liked the passages you "highlighted", especially the Bosch testing piece......tanks we have!!! I will not comment on pending litigation but I found the manufacturing process / procedures extremely interesting and informative. Lots of commonality with other products processes I've seen produced. The process information about weighing coaches and certification was very valuable in my opinion. Although I can't 4 corner weigh every year, I am glad I use the scales every year when I'm loaded,and make good use of the blue highways tooling along at 55 pretending I'm on a bike pushing 24 tons!!!!!!!!
Thank Ross for unintentionally chronicling a very pivotal point in Wanderlodge history. Thirty years from now I can see someone asking what happened to the Wanderlodge. "Any lawsuits? I don't know, let's see if we can find some depositions, Okay"...
Old 04-09-2010
Forum owner

it is interesting,i would love to see footage of the testing at the Bosch track,or even talk to the driver who tested them.

So,the downfall of the 450LXI after the recalls are done is what?
All prevost conversions have the genny in the middle bay,so thats not a biggie,if it was Bird owners would not have traded for a prevost in the past..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
So,the downfall of the 450LXI after the recalls are done is what?
Was there finally a recall at some point done? If so, what did it do?

Well, one downfall, if nothing else, is the same bad press that Toyota, Audi and others have had now and in the past when accused of knowingly hiding issues with their vehicles. Except in this case, unlike Audi who was almost run into the ground, BB no longer exists so that's now a mute point. But, I would think it would lower the price of 450's to future buyers if there is any concern with safety in those coaches. Hopefully it doesn't tarnish the reputation of BB and their coaches overall, as that would affect resale prices for all of us.
VB 1570
Old 04-09-2010

Default a fascinating read

Yes, it is a fascinating read. Not being able to comment much on the litigations, as they are still pending, I believe there were probably a few more claims againist the product liability with against other dealers as well. In my opinion and from talking to other M450 Coach Owners, Blue Bird Body Company is doing a fine job in defending their dealers against these claims, as well as performing the recall to the satisfaction of their owners. I've been told that approximately 58 models of the 450LXI were produced, and they have all been recalled through several different phases, except for the one everyone probably knows about that was totaled in TN. on its way to the Rally in the Valley from California.

We've sold several 450 LXI post recall and the coach owners seem to be very happy with the product.

Steve Mitchell
Parliament Coach
Old 04-10-2010

Very interesting.

I visited an RV manufacturer in Canada that makes higher end trailer and Fifth wheels. A good friend of mine owns one of them and was surprised that when he weighed his trailer it was much heavier than the "estimated" weight that was printed in their brochure.
Apparently, most if not all trailer manufacturers underestimate the weight of their trailers in order to stay competitive in the marketplace.
I am sure that there are many trailer and fifth wheel trailers out there that are being pulled by trucks that do not have the legal towing capacity, or pick up trucks that are over gross when they have a truck camper in them. I know that I have seen many of them.
There must be some old truckers on the forum and I am sure they could tell stories of truckers hauling more than they should. There are even songs about it - six days on the road.
It would be interesting to get the weights of other bus conversions, MCI, Prevost etc, to see if this is a common situation.
I am not saying that over weight is okay, I'm just pointing out that I believe it is a common problem, that most people are willing to ignore, or that they don't want to know about it.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 04-10-2010

have a look at greyhound bus express the package delivery of choice out west
mci, that have pintle hitches and air brake glad hand on the rear

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact