Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 07-10-2018

Default Watts Flo Pure Water Softener Details

Although I have yet to do it, the procedure described in the owners manual (attached) seems straightforward. Says you can use 2# of ordinary table salt. Took RonR’s advice and mounted it with brass quick disconnects on all three ports. That way I’ll easily be able to change the hoses around to do the backwashing, which the instructions say to do twice a year. This YouTube video shows it (FF to 3 min into video): https://youtu.be/UBNbVz1cT78

Have seen it for less, but Amazon has them for $190: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050EITTK..._t7srBbK7KYSWP. Picked up the three brass quick connects at Ace. Being brass, I think they were around $9 each. A pair of stainless washer hoses was around $20, also off Amazon. I had the 3rd drain hose on hand and used an old Come-Along through an eye bolt to mount the bottle.

Someone in another WOG thread said they own one of these and really like it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RVPRO10000_Installation.pdf (588.0 KB, 24 views)
Old 6 Days Ago

I decided to keep my original hose storage. But borrowed from Van the idea of an IKEA basket. I added a bracket to the hardware which hangs one of the rear air tanks just behind the hose storage area. The bracket supports the inner portion of the basket. It is made from 1/2” aluminum angle too.

And then added the aluminum angle to use as a hanger for the front edge of the basket. I will keep my second dump hose for a hookup site there.

The angle is installed in such a way that the basket doesn’t rub on steel tube member.

The aluminum angle has four holes for zip ties.

Thanks Van for the inspiration!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52346793-4DEE-4987-8358-B94DB276DFB1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	57799   Click image for larger version

Name:	1A5EED86-988D-4FD6-90C1-E4F1C3802D54.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	57800  
Old 6 Days Ago

At the same time I installed new rubber door stops and bumpers. Thanks to DonB, I think, for researching those.
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
I decided to keep my original hose storage. But borrowed from Van the idea of an IKEA basket. I added a bracket to the hardware which hangs one of the rear air tanks just behind the hose storage area. The bracket supports the inner portion of the basket. It is made from 1/2” aluminum angle too.

And then added the aluminum angle to use as a hanger for the front edge of the basket. I will keep my second dump hose for a hookup site there.

The angle is installed in such a way that the basket doesn’t rub on steel tube member.

The aluminum angle has four holes for zip ties.

Thanks Van for the inspiration!
Did you use the same basket Van used or did you need another size to fit in there?
Old 3 Days Ago

Default Save the shower water - link to WOG write up for QuickHot

For those that off-grid & boondock allot - if you haven’t seen the “Save Your Shower Water” thread and in particular details of what I call a QuickHot modification (not to be confused with InstaHot), check it out HERE (Posts #35, 40, 44 & 59).

This modification eliminates the need and mess of saving those buckets of Cold water, while you wait for the Hot side of a faucet or shower to get Hot. However it is NOT one of those injector deals that pump cold water from the hot side back into the cold line (Watts-Premier Water Saver, Chilepepper...). It is a simple mod that works with your existing coach demand water pump and it costs less $$ than those injector systems. Lastly, if you spend the majority of your time in FHU RV Parks/Resorts this mod is probably NOT for you.

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...t=27175&page=4
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVinCT View Post
Did you use the same basket Van used or did you need another size to fit in there?
I used the same basket as Van, but only 1. Van riveted two baskets together for his setup.

Doug