Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) > PT and WB Parts List

PT and WB Parts List List your parts here, that are unique to the PT and WB model 'Birds.

Site Search:

Old 07-10-2018

Thank you Randy, I’m going to have someone qualified do the job. I’m not mechanically inclined. But if I buy this bus I hope I can learn to do something myself.
Old 07-11-2018

Replacing the shocks is not hard, in my opinion it is a great first task. Block everything up, be safe, you can't lift 40,000 lbs. Buy Koni shocks, if you get another brand you will end up replacing them. That's what I did. There is a huge difference between koni and the other brands.

mark kitchens
Athens, Tx
1995 WB42
C: 214 477 3757
markkitch@aol.com
Old 07-11-2018

Can someone help me with the Koni part number? It’s a 1996 WB 42’
Old 07-11-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzamot View Post
Can someone help me with the Koni part number? It’s a 1996 WB 42’
How do you know you need new shocks?
If you do need them,the best way to get them is by ordering the new ones by using the numbers off the old ones.
You have not even bought the coach yet,and your already throwing parts at it.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-11-2018
Forum owner

If you do a search at the top of the page using "wide body shock and air bag numbers"
you would get this page.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...p?t-22071.html

And,when you figure out what numbers you have remember to post them in the same thread.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-11-2018

I don't understand what "already throwing parts at it" implies. I thought I was being pro-active in case I did buy the coach and based on the current owner's advice that if he kept it longer he would look at changing the shocks. I was hunting for information as far as how many shocks it has, how difficult the job is and what the part number was for three reasons.
1-To familiarize myself with what is involved in replacing shocks.
2-If I bought the coach and I brought it in to a shop, not to look like I didn't know anything
3-Find out the total cost to replace all shocks and make sure it's within my immediate budget.

I came to this forum for help. I am completely new to coaches of any kind. I currently own a 2007 Augusta Sport 23' from Holiday Rambler which I bought new. Before that I owned a 31' 1991 Allegro Bay Class A. I'm taking a leap of faith if I buy this coach, I have no clue what I'm getting myself into. But what makes me feel VERY confident in going through the purchase is knowing this Forum is at my disposal (not if) but when I run into trouble I can come here without prejudice and ask for help.

If I buy this coach I'm going to ask a zillion questions. I want to feel comfortable that I can come to this Forum for answers.
Old 07-11-2018
Forum owner

OK,heres what my line of thought is.
When i buy a different coach,i spend my money and time changing fluids and belts and stuff like that,to give myself a baseline to work off of.
If i drive it a year i may decide it needs shocks.
But,your focused on shocks,so go for it.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-11-2018

I’d say if all your budget can handle is shocks you need to expand your budget or wait until you’re sure you need them I bet you’ll have plenty of other stuff on your list to deal with. All of us have a list with some kind of priority system to deal with things that are safety related, repair/replacement, improvement related and so on. No Bird is perfect and you’ll always have a list. Some get shorter with time but most probably get longer.
Get your Bird, use it, make a list and then ask these guys for help. Everybody on this forum is here to keep their Bird flying and to help others do the same. Expect to spend some money and have a reserve for those things that jump up and bite you on the hip.

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 07-12-2018

I just ordered shocks from shockwarehouse for our 91 wb . The pn have been updated tag koni 8805 1010, drive 9005-1025, front 90 2497sp1, I got these numbers from koni and shockwarehouse plan on spending just over 1,000.00
Old 07-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzamot View Post
I don't understand what "already throwing parts at it" implies. I thought I was being pro-active in case I did buy the coach and based on the current owner's advice that if he kept it longer he would look at changing the shocks. I was hunting for information as far as how many shocks it has, how difficult the job is and what the part number was for three reasons.
1-To familiarize myself with what is involved in replacing shocks.
2-If I bought the coach and I brought it in to a shop, not to look like I didn't know anything
3-Find out the total cost to replace all shocks and make sure it's within my immediate budget.

I came to this forum for help. I am completely new to coaches of any kind. I currently own a 2007 Augusta Sport 23' from Holiday Rambler which I bought new. Before that I owned a 31' 1991 Allegro Bay Class A. I'm taking a leap of faith if I buy this coach, I have no clue what I'm getting myself into. But what makes me feel VERY confident in going through the purchase is knowing this Forum is at my disposal (not if) but when I run into trouble I can come here without prejudice and ask for help.

If I buy this coach I'm going to ask a zillion questions. I want to feel comfortable that I can come to this Forum for answers.
Rafael, you came to this forum for help and that makes you a smart man. But not necessarily smart about Wanderlodges and how to fix them. After all that is what most of us are here for. So, when somebody like Randy asks if you haven't purchased the coach yet, why would you be buying parts to fix something you haven't demonstrated to us, is even broken. Your own statement of "it may need new shocks" does not suggest to any of us that is a needed expense. These old machines are great and we encourage anyone that wants one to buy one; however, they are expensive to maintain and buying shocks, before you even purchase a coach, that you don't know for sure needs them, well is just not "smart". You will spend enough money on things the coach will actually need much worse. So forgive any of us that question some decisions that someone may make, based on the information they give us, because we only want you to have fun with your coach and not be burdened with spending a bunch of money on maybe needless things. All of this comes from people with lots of experience on not only fixing these coaches but spending a lot of money on fixing them

There isn't a person on this forum that doesn't wish you a lot of success in your purchase of a Wanderlodge. But based on your first post, buying a full set of shocks for that Bird makes no sense. So, if you have more information than you shared with us, you may wish to state it. That way we will know what you know and it may make sense to do what you are wanting to do and you may get the response you are seeking.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN