Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 04-30-2019
Forum owner

Default New rules for coachs for sale.

Rules.
We all hate rules but we have to have them!

For a few years we (the admin group here) has been talking about changing the rules for the "coachs for sale" area here.

We had some ideas and we kicked them around and i guess it was up to me to make the final cut.
But life got in the way and we never made the changes,but recent events have me working on the new rules.

Most forums have a rule on listing stuff for sale,with a limit on the number of pics allowed,a limit on words,200 words or so.
And the seller must have a phone number or an email to be contacted with.

The seller must be a mamber in good standing and have a minimum of posts,and have been a member for a year.

Dealers,well,i think dealers should pay WOG some money,help us keep the wolves away,believe it or not,WOG cost money to keep it running.

Flippers,well,a flipper thats a WOG member in good standing and has contributed to the group and has been a member here for more than a year is welcome.

Flippers that are not WOG members can help keep the wolves away,which means they can donate a few bucks to the group.

Dealers,well they can pay,heck,they are making money and if we can help them make a sale,they can help us pay the WOG expenses.

CL and ebay adds will be limited to a single post,a few comments will be allowed.

Its early and i my have missed a few things,but you get the idea.
Theses changes should have been implemented from the beginning,but to tell the truth neither John Finn or I had ever run a forum before,we were using common sense and just flying by the seat of our pants.

Thanks guys and gals!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-30-2019

Good idea Randy.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
Old 04-30-2019

Sounds reasonable.

Tom Wunder
Wilmington, NC
1979 FC31RB
Echo
A Thing From The Past. A Gift For The Future
Old 04-30-2019

Suggestions, constructive feedback from someone who has been doing this since Usenet was a big deal:

1) require forum membership to be able to view the for sale forums. This helps to protect people who do post their email and phone numbers on their posts, which I personally think is insane. I know a lot of people do it on here, but Google and others crawl the site all the time and gather up those emails and numbers and sell them to the telemarketers. It's also something that helps combat e-stalking.
2) you could also make signatures viewable to members only to encourage people to post their direct contact info
3) minimum post rules are a good idea but don't work as intended. you end up with useless posts by people who want to get their post count up in a couple days.
4) why would you put a limit on how many photos someone can post? have you had any coffee yet today? A girl too pretty? A car too fast? A good seller posts his name, number and email, and zillions of photos and a thousand words.
5) the only thing that truly controls what goes in the coaches for sale forum is moderation. You approve every new thread that goes in there and force people to post lots of photos and their contact information. If they are a new member who just signed up to sell their stuff, well, make them donate to charity or something. Even Craigslist requires $5 for selling a car now.
6) while you're at it, enable HTML in signatures. Unrelated, but I want it
Old 04-30-2019

Randy this is a group of younger owners sitting in the back row that are ready to help out anyway we can. Just tell us what we can do to help.

I like the idea of having to pay to list a coach for sale. Something to help keep the lights on.
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 04-30-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4rrx View Post
Randy this is a group of younger owners sitting in the back row that are ready to help out anyway we can. Just tell us what we can do to help.

I like the idea of having to pay to list a coach for sale. Something to help keep the lights on.

Thanks Chris,you too Andy.
WE have plans for you young guys!!
(i don't know what the plan is yet!)

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-30-2019

Quote:

...and we all know Chris is loaded.
Old 04-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Miller View Post
...and we all know Chris is loaded.
Thank you for paying taxes
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 04-30-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Thank you for paying taxes
My pleasure!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-30-2019

I like seeing the coaches for sale by owner. Maybe you should set up some tiers.

For sub $10k coaches:

One low fee for a non-active member to post a one pic, one line out link to his own classified ad. Comments (& critiques) from members allowed

One much higher fee to a non-active member to post the same ad with no comments allowed in the same thread...

I would gladly pay for a listing here. This forum is the only reason I have a Wanderlodge, and I couldn't afford to maintain it without the knowledge of this group.