Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > How To Protect Your RV Investment.

How To Protect Your RV Investment. This forum is set up to discuss insurance needs, terminology & where to go to get the best possible coverage for your needs. From time to time we will discuss the issues and differences in insurance coverage. When would an appraisal be in your best interest & how often should you have an appraisal and where one could obtain a certified appraisal.

Site Search:

Old 04-11-2018

Default Proves my point about Insurance quotes

I have said many times, If you don't like the price call again tomorrow and it will change. It's like buying an airline ticket.

I have Progressive. I purchased it online a month ago, right after the FMCA rally.
I pay about $750 for a 12 month policy.
While I was at the FMCA rally I filled out an insurance quote form with FMCA to get free hat or something...

I just got the quote. Exact same coverage, and with Progressive, and they want $1550!

Just proves my point that insurance quotes change with the tide!
2000 LX40 ME "Angry Bird!"
Body# 129047
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 04-11-2018

Be very careful with Progressive. When I had a claim they were very bad to work with. I had 12 vehicles with them for 7 years and I ended up cancelling all my policies with them, due to their lousy service, they could care less about their customers.

Nelson
Old 04-11-2018

I think its always best to have an agent. I don't know if I'd ever buy insurance online and I buy just about everything online. With an agent, at least you have someone local to deal with and that has a vested interest in taking care of you.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 04-11-2018

I have had a good experience with Progressive. I had a car fire (other ins carrier unfortunately) which caused paint issues & smoke damage on the BB. They made everything as far as claims go smoothly. It must be who I dealt with.

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 04-11-2018
RV Appraiser

Ditto
Ditto
Ditto

But Randy you have to remember that the agent was also most likely getting a commission on that policy and relying on you to get caught up sucking in the fumes from the FMCA Rally. If you waited a day to two and called back the price would have changed again.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_