Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Vehicle Issues

Vehicle Issues Frequently asked questions about vehicles, parts, maintenance, and troubleshooting

Site Search:

Old 2 Days Ago

Thanks guys, I'll address the mess after I make more, heh.
I'm getting ready to run this hose now. But I'm a bit confused in the back. I took a couple pics laying on my back looking up from the driver's side. I see 2 hoses heading up front through the inner rail but I'm not sure which is the hose I'm replacing. From what I've read thus far, it's the one coming from the bottom of the black canister that's at the very back. But there's this other one coming/going to a white canister (looks like some sort of pressure/hydraulic thingy)...lol. Sorry for not knowing any of the terms. Furthermore, I've never owned a diesel before.

Anybody know which one?

Here's the one from the white canister (the one all the way up top, heading towards the front of the bus):

And the one going to the bottom of the black canister, also heading up front. In the pic, it's the horizontal one:

And here's the hose I sourced on Amazon:
Old 2 Days Ago

Chances are its the pressure side but there is no way of knowing which is which up where your splice is. I would remove the pressure line at the rear and try to blow air through. If no air passes try the return side and blow air through it.

Another way would be put oil back in the system and start the engine. If oil comes out of the hose coming from the front its a return line if it comes from the rear its a pressure line. That will be messy but a fast way if you dont have an Air Compressor.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Chances are its the pressure side but there is no way of knowing which is which up where your splice is. I would remove the pressure line at the rear and try to blow air through. If no air passes try the return side and blow air through it.

Thank you, I'll try. Assuming the pressure side is the first pic going to the white.
Old 2 Days Ago

This may be a question that you have already thought out but what are you going to use for fittings ? They need to be high pressure. ( I personally didn't have much luck with the thread on type that blew apart on you and always use crimped on fittings now. There is a company named Hose Power here in Boston that has mobile vans that can do them on site. Maybe someone is available near you. )
Old 2 Days Ago

Black canister in the back is the hydraulic fluid reservoir-takes 10w-30

White canister is the Perkins high pressure filter-lot's of info on the filters and the required special o-ring on the forum.

Here is a posting I did a while back. Please be aware that the hydraulic pump for the 6v92's and the 8v92's are a little different.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...draulic&page=2

I would suggest opening up the engine hatch in the bedroom and following the lines off the pump to get oriented as to where what lines run where-either to fan motor or power steering.

Diagram of hydraulic system on page 152 system:https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...%20Catalog.pdf

I had a pretty good view of the power steering motor when I had the rad for the genny out.
Kansas, Il
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejallison1 View Post
Black canister in the back is the hydraulic fluid reservoir-takes 10w-30

White canister is the Perkins high pressure filter-lot's of info on the filters and the required special o-ring on the forum.

Here is a posting I did a while back. Please be aware that the hydraulic pump for the 6v92's and the 8v92's are a little different.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...draulic&page=2

I would suggest opening up the engine hatch in the bedroom and following the lines off the pump to get oriented as to where what lines run where-either to fan motor or power steering.

Diagram of hydraulic system on page 152 system:https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...%20Catalog.pdf

I had a pretty good view of the power steering motor when I had the rad for the genny out.
Thank you so much ejallison1. That helps tremendously. Looking at the diagram (actually on page 78), looks like the pressure line going up front has a few pieces to it. Not sure why. I'm guessing I should still replace the entire length, but with no junctions. I'll look into the gasket as well. I think I saw that somewhere already but didn't think I'd be dealing with it until now.

I got past my first obstacle running the new line starting up front, but it's so dang hot outside right now.
Old 2 Days Ago
Forum owner

on the hose,it seems like theres lots of magic going on with hose.
Some brands of hose require same brand fittings.
Gates hose use gates fittings,that kind of thing.
And the fittings require a crimper,normally bench mounted,not portable.
Before you run the hose you should check on the fittings and find a shop that will crimp them.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 1 Day Ago
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Dred View Post
Hi Bob,
Yes, I think this may be the only way to do it.
Do you know, did he leave the old one in place or was he able to pull it out?

I'm about to order 1/2" 2- wire hydraulic hose at 50ft length and I hope to start working on this tomorrow.
Hi...had to leave in place because he and I were afraid that to pull it out might rip some of the many wires that were laying alongside the hose.
In a horse barn with hookups for the winter

Big shout out to my fingers...I can always count on them...
Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
on the hose,it seems like theres lots of magic going on with hose.
Some brands of hose require same brand fittings.
Gates hose use gates fittings,that kind of thing.
And the fittings require a crimper,normally bench mounted,not portable.
Before you run the hose you should check on the fittings and find a shop that will crimp them.
Just wanted to give a status update here. So I ran the hose about 75% of the way starting from the front hatch bay. The good news is that I believe I've found my route for this hose. The bad news is that Randy is correct .. partially. I cut a piece of the hose off to take it to the Hydraulic shop and the guy told me although I could get away with a reusable threaded connector, he suggested going with a crimp on style because the outer wall of the hose is a bit thinner than he preferred.
So, I will pull the hose out after i try to run it most of the way to get a good measurement.

I also called the previous owner to see if he knew which line it was that he patched. He wasn't too sure though. He said he did it about 5 years ago, so, it's held for that long at least. But he can't recall which it was. He had to do a quick patch job on the side of the road for it.

So, my next step is to try to locate the new patch line at the steering box to see if I can figure out which one it is. Then, I need to remove it from the back and blow through it to see if it's the correct one.

After I get that figured out, I need to cut the piece in the back so I can bring that fitting in to match up and get the new hose clamped.

Better news is since I have to pull the house out again, when I get it clamped and go back to install it, I'll try to take plenty of pictures of where I'm running the new line in case anyone else needs reference.
Old 1 Day Ago
ANOTHER REDNECK

i did one ran new hose all the way from pump to steering box spliced the return a bad 2 days of work and i ain't that limber anymore to get er dun

don't pull out old unit just run new best you can beside its routing-------too many wires ties to it in impossible places
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=254
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571
F133316 BODY NUMBER