Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Gregg View Post
Doug, another thought, my unit doesn’t like high Dc voltage, say over 14. If the unit is in a run cycle and I fire up the gen to charge, and the bulk. Harvest is greater than 14. something, it won’t restart till the voltage is back down in the 13’s.
Al, I would think that if it was a bearing in the motor, it would try to start back up and then shut down. After it runs a cycle then shuts down, and the heat fans are still running till there blowing cold air and the water out of the faucet is cold, and the dash switch is still lit, I would see if the control stat is supplying voltage to the fuel pump. Of course I agree with Larry, if the dash switch is very old, or I have equalized the batteries, that 16 volt seems to take out my dash switch ever time, I replace it first.
Thanks' Marty , all good ideas . We will try again today still experiencing same issue . Motor has been given a clean bill of health . In yesterdays service nothing out of the ordinary was found to not be working . Nozzle was a little gummed so he replaced it and adjusted the flame sensor and now she is burning clean , just wont restart when needed .

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandytoes View Post
This used to happen to mine way back during our first snowbird trip. It turned out to be low coolant level. Once I topped it up the problem went away. Check yours.
I thought the same and added 50/50 mix . She did take aprox 1/2 gallon , but then shot it out during the reheat . I came out and saw a puddle under the coach . Maybe a pint .

1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks to Dieselbird01 for correcting me, my comment was poorly worded and incomplete, I usually try not to be that bad in my responses.

What I should have said was check the fluid level inside under the rad cap, taking the normal precautions when opening a rad cap, if it is hot/warm.

I agree that the level in the overflow tank does not necessarily reflect the level under the cap. I know this because, in my case, the AquaHot is placed in the middle and contortions are needed to check anything. What I found was the overflow level was fine but the tank level was low. Because the overflow tube had stiffened and broken on the shady side of cap and I couldn't tell until I grabbed it. Topped up tank level, cut off bad portion of tube and re-installed. Back in service and then noticed fluid underneath bus and around cap and in the AquaHot tray. So replaced cap with new, after cleaning the mating surface and topped up again. All better now, mostly. So check a few things, not just one.

I am still chasing the intermittent issue of not starting but the above was the first episode that did solve the problem for a year. For my issue, I believe that I am having either a fuel pump problem or more likely, my coil is going bad. I am trying to build a pressure gauge for now to test pump and once complete, I will be going through the sequence in the manual. I am also writing a list of questions and observations/readings to submit to AquaHot tech for opinions. There isn't any shop around here with qualified techs so I won't be around Junction City, OR until next fall.

Anyway, enough rambling, I hope that your problem is simple, inexpensive and found soon.
Old 1 Week Ago
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Hi Cameron,

Please don’t feel that I was correcting you, I was just adding a little information that I learned while helping a friend figure out why he wasn’t getting good coolant flow to his heat loops.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001

Old 6 Days Ago

We had a similar issue over a period. I replaced a number of items, and it would run as normql, until it wouldnt start.
The coolant level also bugged me. As Al said, i would add coolant to the expansion tank then have it overflow when it needed to run for a longer time. I noticed in other coaches that the expansion tank was considerably larger than mine. I replaced the tank with a larger used one from Roger, and that addressed the low coolant, over flow issue.
It still would occasionally not start. I spoke with JohnBoy at Coachcraft and he told me that one of the disc sensors would fail sometimes and work fine other times. He replaced that disc ( I don’t remember which one) and it has worked perfectly since.
Old 6 Days Ago

Doug.The closest Aqua Hot service would be in Alberta. A competent truck shop can service Webasto products. Central Service in Saskatoon works on Webastos and more. He advertises that he services Lucas electrical. Anyone brave enough to service anything Lucas must be good. When I had trouble with my AH we had it fixed in Minneapolis. No service shops for AH in Manitoba.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 5 Days Ago

Smile dont assume your Aqua Hot Is put together correctly to start

My aqua hot would shut of like twice a month. My aqua hot was rebuilt by a truck and RV shop that sent a guy to aqua hot school prior to me purchasing it.
Long story short the bearings were getting louder and louder. A good friend of mine offered to help. We pulled the burner and in the process of replacing the bearings we discovered it was missing two of the concave washers. I pulled the combustion chamber and discovered the aluminum air swirler had melted. A melted swirler is an indication that the motor in your Webasto is failing or you have experienced low battery voltage that has slowed motor down. you can purchase a steel swirler from Roger Burk for $180. All this after it was rebuilt by an aqua hot tech.

My point is dont assume your aqua hot is put together correctly. Chances are someone has been into it before you. My problem is finally solved
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788

Last edited by Chief607; 5 Days Ago at 11:55 AM.
Old 5 Days Ago

John, looks like i will be living with the issue for the time being . This will be winter number 3 dealing with this . I do Love intermittent issues. John boy even looked at the unit and at the time it worked . O well after the mornings cold shower I will just go back to turning her off and back on at 04:30 every morning . Thank you for advice .

1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 1 Day Ago
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
John, looks like i will be living with the issue for the time being . This will be winter number 3 dealing with this . I do Love intermittent issues. John boy even looked at the unit and at the time it worked . O well after the mornings cold shower I will just go back to turning her off and back on at 04:30 every morning . Thank you for advice .
Mine does the same thing as yours - always has been unreliable in terms of restarting. I could always flip the switch off and on and get it right back but you can't leave it all the time on and expect mine to restart each time.

But, I am going to just live with it. To be honest, we rarely use the Bird in the winter and I have no plans to be anywhere that is truly cold in the winter. My plan is to get the heat strips when I replace the AC units here shortly, use the heat pump, and use the AquaHot for showers and hot water. I have had my Bird for 6 years and that tactic has worked well for all that time.
Pensacola, FL
Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatha View Post
Mine does the same thing as yours - always has been unreliable in terms of restarting. I could always flip the switch off and on and get it right back but you can't leave it all the time on and expect mine to restart each time.

But, I am going to just live with it. To be honest, we rarely use the Bird in the winter and I have no plans to be anywhere that is truly cold in the winter. My plan is to get the heat strips when I replace the AC units here shortly, use the heat pump, and use the AquaHot for showers and hot water. I have had my Bird for 6 years and that tactic has worked well for all that time.
I hear you and will do the same this winter again . It is frustrating , however i do wake up at 4;30am si I will just cycle it as usual . Just crazy I cant get this fixed. I had high hopes when Johnboy looked at it but it was to warm to repeat the issue . One day we will get this figured out Joatha

1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com