Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-07-2018

Default Help - HWH all lights on and jacks stuck down

Retracted the slide yesterday with no problems. This morning we’re supposed to head back to Texas from NY. All the lights on the HWH, both red and yellow, simultaneously illuminate when I turn it on to retract the jacks.
Parking brake is on and cargo doors are closed. Batteries full and engine running.

Any ideas?
2018 Subaru Crosstrek toad
Old 10-07-2018

Where are the jack solenoids located on a slide coach? I seem to remember that the pump is in a bay under the slide???? You can manually retract the jacks but I my coach (no slide) it would have to be done from under the coach. DONT DO THAT! If it's in the bay then OK.
2000 LX40 ME "Angry Bird!"
Body# 129047
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 10-07-2018

Peter , I have attached the HWH info you will need to get on the road. Your Panel access is on the forward wall of Bay#1 The solenoids are the 4 on the right side . The left side are the slide ones which you do not need to touch to raise the coach .

Be sure to air up first prior to opening the solenoids . If you want to discuss just call me .

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml44100bx_so.html

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 10-07-2018

I know there are many drawings so I attached the one you will need .

https://www.hwhcorp.com/mp849999.pdf

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 10-07-2018

Thanks guys.
At first I was hoping to avoid using the valves, but then I ultimately had to resort to that.
Old 10-07-2018
WanderBee

I had the same thing happen to me last year. I took it in for repair but never did find out what happened as it worked fine at the repair shop. I also had to use the valves under the front by the steps.

I'm fighting a different leveller problem now - they go down fine but they only retract halfway on the front.

If you do get it solved, please post a resolution. I suspect I am having the same things go on. I will do the same if I ever figure it out.
Marietta, GA
Old 4 Weeks Ago
full timer

The four solenoid that control each of my jacks are behind the front bumper, forward of the entry step. There is a “T” handle coming out the back of each solenoid that manually releases the oil in each of the jacks. While opening any one of the valves slowly releases the oil in the respective jack back to the tank. I must caution you that lowing the jacks while you are under the coach can possibly be dangerous EVEN FATAL. That having been said putting a very solid spacer, thicker than you are but not so thick that you cannot remove the spacer once you air up the coach.

I have had to do this already. It was less scary than I feared but nevertheless potentially dangerous. I had to use a box wrench to get a purchase on the T handle valves to break them loose. Feel free to call Al or myself to talk you through this scary step.

Once you get the jacks up the next step is to repair the problem. I have always depended on HWH in Moscow IA to repair mine.

Good luck and be safe,

Eric
Currently traveling west
360–239-0724
full timing in my bird since 6/04
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Jacks stuck - all lights on - Potential solution - time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatha View Post
I had the same thing happen to me last year. I took it in for repair but never did find out what happened as it worked fine at the repair shop. I also had to use the valves under the front by the steps.

I'm fighting a different leveller problem now - they go down fine but they only retract halfway on the front.

If you do get it solved, please post a resolution. I suspect I am having the same things go on. I will do the same if I ever figure it out.
The bus is back home now. The HWH troubleshooting doc says if all lights illuminate on touch panel then replace controller. I wanted to try a few things before resorting to removing and shipping the whole control unit to HWH. I opened the control unit and made the assumption that the logic boards were fine since all the lights instantly come on before any logic takes place. So I focused on the main board which, incidentally, also powers the touch panel. I pulled and pressed back in each harness on the board.

It now works normally.
There is a possibility that it’s not a permanent fix - for example, if the cause was a hairline crack in the printed circuit, I may have just temporarily fixed it.
So time will tell whether it’s solved.

I now have experience at manually working the valves which are behind a panel on the forward bulkhead of the large front most bay.

I need to read up on how to manually retract the room, though, in case my fix is not permanent.