Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 08-24-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Exclamation NEW Forum for LX and LXI Model 'Birds

We have created a NEW Forum for LX and LXI Model 'Birds and it also includes a LX and LXI Parts List sub-forum. They can be found at;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner >

LX and LXI (Unique Issues)
If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues) >

LX and LXI Parts List
List your parts here, that are unique to the LX and LXI model 'Birds.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-20-2013

Default Leveling Jack Problem

When I try to operate the leveling system it will not come on. If I hold down the on button the "not in park brake" light comes on. This problem has been intermittent but now I am in a park in Colorado with the jacks down and can't get the system to come on. Is there a workaround to bypass this? I realize that all cabinets must be closed and they are. The park brake is set. I suspect that the problem is in the park brake switch. Where is it? My coach is a 1999 LXI with HWH system.
Old 08-20-2013
Forum Moderator

Charles if all else fails I understand you can open that panel in the first bay (on the forward wall) and open the four T-valves.. This is supposed to relieve the pressure and let the springs return the rams to the stow position.
Old 08-20-2013

There should be a second stoplight switch next to the actual S/L switch that is used as a safety for tht HWH system. It is connected to the parking switch air circuit. It may not be making contact. Check it with a test light while thr ignition switch is "on" but without the engine running. Good luck!
Old 08-20-2013

Question: Is the parking brake light illuminated on your dash while the "Parking Brake not set" light is illuminated on the HWH panel?
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 08-20-2013

Charlie, I went thru this last year. I think the key to solving this is that it was an intermittent problem first. What finally fixed it was going into the control box mounted in the front bay drivers side of the coach and checking/tightening all of the connections. Have not had any further troubles. Rob is correct about the workaround. On my 2001 LXI in the front bay center there is a removable panel on the forward wall. Behind his panel is the HWH pump, distribution blocks, valves, etc. On a non slide coach there is four valves with T handles. Turn the T handles counter clockwise and the jacks will retract. On a slide coach there is two sets of T handles. One for the slides, one set for the jacks, as I remember the set on the left as you look at them is for the slides the one on the right is for the jacks. I see you are from Ft Myers Beach. I am in Port Charlotte. If still giving you trouble when you get back let me know and I'll see if I can help.
2001 LXI
1996 43' Wanderlodge
1989 PT 40
1982 PT 40
Old 08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdrennon View Post
There should be a second stoplight switch next to the actual S/L switch that is used as a safety for tht HWH system. It is connected to the parking switch air circuit. It may not be making contact. Check it with a test light while thr ignition switch is "on" but without the engine running. Good luck!
Where is the parking switch located?
Old 08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinter1946 View Post
Question: Is the parking brake light illuminated on your dash while the "Parking Brake not set" light is illuminated on the HWH panel?
Thanks for the response. My coach does not have a parking brake light on the dash. I checked the drawings which were in the Blue Box.
Old 08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH1 View Post
Charlie, I went thru this last year. I think the key to solving this is that it was an intermittent problem first. What finally fixed it was going into the control box mounted in the front bay drivers side of the coach and checking/tightening all of the connections. Have not had any further troubles. Rob is correct about the workaround. On my 2001 LXI in the front bay center there is a removable panel on the forward wall. Behind his panel is the HWH pump, distribution blocks, valves, etc. On a non slide coach there is four valves with T handles. Turn the T handles counter clockwise and the jacks will retract. On a slide coach there is two sets of T handles. One for the slides, one set for the jacks, as I remember the set on the left as you look at them is for the slides the one on the right is for the jacks. I see you are from Ft Myers Beach. I am in Port Charlotte. If still giving you trouble when you get back let me know and I'll see if I can help.
Thanks Mike. I will check the connections in the morning.
Old 08-31-2013
Mike and Tracy

How do we move important threads for lxi's in here from elsewhere on the forum?

Mike and Tracy - near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1999 43 LXI, "Maddy" - 60 Series Detroit
FOR SALE, $85k U.S. OBO
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (Diesel) or 2013 Jeep Rubicon 4 Down Toads; Sold Jetta, but it was an awesome toad.