Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 11-11-2009

Default Need headlight cover

On my way to Orlando, running from the hurricane, my drivers side bumper/headlight cover blew off. We stopped and got what was left of it, but it is heavily damaged and I could not find the lenses that went in the 3 holes.

Where can I find a replacement or can this be duplicated.

The lights are fine, it just this flimsy plastic cover that BB decided to use.

One eyed LXI

Richard

1994 Wanderlodge (sold)
2000 LXI (sold)
1993 Wanderlodge(Sold)
2004 M380
Blountstown, Florida
Old 11-11-2009

just hold on we are working on a little something that may help you out
will post it later

as an aside did you know that lx and m380 shered the same headlight covers
lxi was different

Slim Somerville has passenger side head light covers for lxi. I believe he has 6 or 8

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 11-12-2009

Richard, Those covers may work on either side, worth a try as you may have a source for the passenger side. As you know the outer cover is hot glued to the inner panel. Mine had a strip of velcro along the side that wraps around. I removed them to replace the 3M covering and the paint. I was surprised to find that there is no paint on them only clear coat. My coach is mostly black in front. I just stripped them and gave them a new coat of clear. The lenses over the headlights appear to be lexan with a coat of clear also. When I remounted them I put a strip of industrial velcro along the top on each side. I also drilled a hole in the lower corner next to the gen drawer and put a SS bolt to help secure it. The bolt is easy to access when the gen drawer is open. My guess is that anyone that owns a LXI with these covers should pay close attention to them as the glue over time separates.
Old 11-12-2009

the head light covers are not interchangeable there is a distinct left and right

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 11-12-2009
davidmbrady

I removed the lexan covers, installed 90mm Hella Xenon headlamps (the ones with the $500 ballasts) and refastened the inner and outer panels with 3M black double sticky tape. Eventually I'll bring the headlamps out another inch or so, make an insert panel with two holes (probably lexan), paint it black on the backside, and create a bugeye look where the headlamps will protrude thru the bumper.

Last edited by davidmbrady; 11-12-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2009

Steven Birtles is correct in saying, they are not interchangeable. I have looked them over carefully hoping at first that might be a possibility ... but its not, I assure you. I do have 6-7 right side covers new. I noticed someone at the RITV in Sevierville Tn. that was missing a right side, but I don't know who he was, and I didn't have them at that time. Steven and I have been discussing a few ideas on this issue. Theses covers were designed for the LXi only and to my knowledge, will not fit any other coach. Hopefully we can find a new left side.
Old 11-12-2009
davidmbrady

Slim,

Is it the outer fiberglass piece or the inner plastic section which holds the mounting studs that makes the bumper a left or a right?. Usually its only the fiberglass section that is lost since it is only glued to the inner piece.
Old 11-12-2009

Default i want the passenger side cover

It is the outer plastic cover. The inner plastic cover that holds the lights are fine.

I placed the broken pieces of the drivers side cover over the passenger side upside down and while the top lip is wider than the bottom lip, I beleive it will work in a pinch. Whereas it does not fit exactly, it will look a lot better than what I have. The holes line up close enough for all the lights.

Therefore, I would like to buy one of the passenger covers to attempt to adapt.

contact me by email.

1994 Wanderlodge (sold)
2000 LXI (sold)
1993 Wanderlodge(Sold)
2004 M380
Blountstown, Florida
Old 11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
Slim,

Is it the outer fiberglass piece or the inner plastic section which holds the mounting studs that makes the bumper a left or a right?. Usually its only the fiberglass section that is lost since it is only glued to the inner piece.

David, its the outer cover "plastic" itself. The inner is glued to it with studs attached. If anyone wants to see the difference, their easy to take off, if, your arms are long enough. Just remove them and swap sides, you'll immediately see the difference. Do something..Stephen Birtles
Old 11-12-2009
cmillsap

Default Speaking of headlights on a LSi....

The headlights on my 2000 LSi are original (I believe) and do not illuminate the road ahead very well. I would like to upgrade to a brighter set of bulbs. I vaguely remember someone on this forum posting Sylvania bulb #'s that was a good replacement but I can't seem to find that information. If anyone has replaced their headlight bulbs because of the same problem, I would appreciate that information.
I like David Brady's Headlights but I don't like the $500 for the ballasts.

Thanks for any help,

Chuck