Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Only need to pump antifreeze thru the hot water system by opening the hot water side of the utility facet. Pump the antifreeze until pink shows at facet. That will flush the copper coil in the aqua hot unit. No need to run the aqua hot. I do not remember the water pump system on the 40LX. All one has to do is get antifreeze to the suction side of the water pump.
"Dream Catcher"
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I'll try it in the next few days, it'll drop to as low as 20s around here this week

Reza Rahmani
Detroit, MI
2000 LX40
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Get out!

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Would it work the same if I take the filter out and just pump 14-15 gallons of pink stuff into the fresh water tank and use the pump to run the antifreeze through the AH and all the other plumbing till pink stuff comes out everywhere? I have purged all the water possible already out. I can collect the antifreeze come spring time. Is that a really bad idea about fresh water? major contamination? How much potable antifreeze is too much? It seems like I need to add some anyway, why not directly to the city water inlet?
Also on LX40 there is only a single water pump and the pluming is very tight and tucked away. Anyone with pictures on how to access it would be great.

Reza Rahmani
Detroit, MI
2000 LX40
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Morning Reza. The only question I would have is, does the pickup line on the fresh water tank low enough to pick up any or all the 14 gallons of the inserted pink RV Antifreeze?
To find the water pump, turn the switch on for the water pump and open a faucet. once the pump starts running you should be able to narrow the location of the water pump. Instead of a Tee that I suggest, you can unscrew the suction hose connection and use a similar hose connection that can be bought at a hardware store. Then buy a couple of feet of hose that fits the barbed end of the screw on connection and attach the two. Next drill a hole into the Pink RV Antifreeze cap that is a little bit smaller then the hose and force the hose through until the hose would be at the bottom of the Pink RV Antifreeze jug. Connect your purchased screw on fitting onto the water pump's suction line with a full Pink RV Antifreeze jug and switch on your water pump and open a faucet. The pump will draw the Pink RV Antifreeze out of the jug, you will need a second person to tell you when the jug is near empty and you will need to then change to a full jug. I did it this way the first year, it works but what a pain.
Let us know how it works out, any modification to my ideas and the location of the water pump on the LX. This way we have more information for future owners to know what to do and how it worked out.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Jim/Gunner, Thank you.
The city water would not take in the pink stuff, even though the bucket was at higher elevation. I did end up hooking up my bucket/reservior to the intake of the pump and it worked great. It took 12 gallons with about 2 gallons wasted (sloppy work). Now I dont have to worry about it. Total cost about $50-60 in antifreeze and connections.
Now I have to figure out why the floor heaters are blowing cold air without termostats being on (by the bath rooms).

I'll find a way to reduce the size of pictures I took and load them up.

Thank again everyone, keep warm!

Reza Rahmani
Detroit, MI
2000 LX40
Old 4 Weeks Ago

It looks like any picture size is more than 100,000 charachters. I guess I need to find out how to set up a link and copy pictures to that.

Reza Rahmani
Detroit, MI
2000 LX40