Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > 'Birds Spotted Today!

'Birds Spotted Today! Here you can tell us where you spotted another Bluebird

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-23-2015
biffwillingham's Avatar
biffwillingham biffwillingham is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Martin
Posts: 85
Default LP Leak Detector Problem

Saw our first Blue Bird on our first trip in our new to us bus. Coming back from Asheville, NC saw a Blue/White Blue Bird northbound on I-85 near Anderson,SC. Couldn't tell if they saw us but we waved anyway.

We stayed at Bear Creek RV Park in Asheville and it couldn't have worked out any better. Folks we met were great and received a lot of compliments on our coach. Only problem we had was not being able to use our propane tank for the grill. When I turned on the LPG Master switch it started beeping like there was a propane leak. There was no leak. I can smell that stuff a mile away. Fried our steaks instead. Anybody have any idea about hat might be the issue?

Biff & Joy
__________________
Biff & Joy Willingham
Martin, Georgia
'99 43 LXi
2004 Jeep Liberty
2003 HD Road King

Last edited by iamflagman; 03-24-2015 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Moved to new thread due to importance of issue
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-23-2015
isp2952's Avatar
isp2952 isp2952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764
Posts: 6,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffwillingham View Post
Saw our first Blue Bird on our first trip in our new to us bus. Coming back from Asheville, NC saw a Blue/White Blue Bird northbound on I-85 near Anderson,SC. Couldn't tell if they saw us but we waved anyway.

We stayed at Bear Creek RV Park in Asheville and it couldn't have worked out any better. Folks we met were great and received a lot of compliments on our coach. Only problem we had was not being able to use our propane tank for the grill. When I turned on the LPG Master switch it started beeping like there was a propane leak. There was no leak. I can smell that stuff a mile away. Fried our steaks instead. Anybody have any idea about hat might be the issue?

Biff & Joy
Sometimes the simplest solution works. Those sensors are located close to the floor and there is a lot of dirt and dust down there. Try taking an air hose or one of those cans of compressed air and blow out the little "sniffer". The same thing holds true for a smoke or CO2 alarm in the coach or at home. If they start beeping and the battery is ok, take them out to your shop and blow them out with your compressor and that might take care of it. Then sometimes they just **** out and it's time to replace them. Hopefully you can fix it the easy way.
__________________

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2015
biffwillingham's Avatar
biffwillingham biffwillingham is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Martin
Posts: 85
Default LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Sometimes the simplest solution works. Those sensors are located close to the floor and there is a lot of dirt and dust down there. Try taking an air hose or one of those cans of compressed air and blow out the little "sniffer". The same thing holds true for a smoke or CO2 alarm in the coach or at home. If they start beeping and the battery is ok, take them out to your shop and blow them out with your compressor and that might take care of it. Then sometimes they just **** out and it's time to replace them. Hopefully you can fix it the easy way.
Thanks Jim. I guess I should have looked where the beeping was coming from. I will get a can of air and blow it out.
__________________
Biff & Joy Willingham
Martin, Georgia
'99 43 LXi
2004 Jeep Liberty
2003 HD Road King
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-24-2015
biffwillingham's Avatar
biffwillingham biffwillingham is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Martin
Posts: 85
Default LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffwillingham View Post
Thanks Jim. I guess I should have looked where the beeping was coming from. I will get a can of air and blow it out.
Did not correct the issue when I blew it out. Time to remove and see if I can can do anything with the leak detector itself. It was worth a try.
__________________
Biff & Joy Willingham
Martin, Georgia
'99 43 LXi
2004 Jeep Liberty
2003 HD Road King
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-24-2015
45forever's Avatar
45forever 45forever is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 342
Default

Biff, I was in my coach this weekend replacing my AC units. It was a bit chilly and I was running the Suburban Propane heaters. My leak detector started to sound. I turned off all of the heaters and the detector continued to sound for sometime afterwards. Then it would start sounding when I would walk past. I tore it apart and determined that it was not detecting a leak but, rather a loose solder joint on the PC board. I retouched the solder joints and it has not sounded since. This may or may not be related to your issue as my coach is much older than yours.
__________________
Richard (Rich) Alexander
Knoxville, Maryland
Authorized AMSOIL Dealer
AA3RA
1986 PT40
Silver 6V92 DD (Breathing Wide Open)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-24-2015
biffwillingham's Avatar
biffwillingham biffwillingham is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Martin
Posts: 85
Default LP Leak Detector Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45forever View Post
Biff, I was in my coach this weekend replacing my AC units. It was a bit chilly and I was running the Suburban Propane heaters. My leak detector started to sound. I turned off all of the heaters and the detector continued to sound for sometime afterwards. Then it would start sounding when I would walk past. I tore it apart and determined that it was not detecting a leak but, rather a loose solder joint on the PC board. I retouched the solder joints and it has not sounded since. This may or may not be related to your issue as my coach is much older than yours.
Thanks Rich. That was going to be my next step. There have been at least 2 issues that I know of with bad solder joints on my coach. Hopefully it is as easy as that. I will look at it tonight.
__________________
Biff & Joy Willingham
Martin, Georgia
'99 43 LXi
2004 Jeep Liberty
2003 HD Road King
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2015
biffwillingham's Avatar
biffwillingham biffwillingham is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Martin
Posts: 85
Default LP Leak Detector Problem

Took the detector out last night and it is a sealed unit. Going to bypass tonight to see if valve opens. If it does then need a new detector.
Always something!
__________________
Biff & Joy Willingham
Martin, Georgia
'99 43 LXi
2004 Jeep Liberty
2003 HD Road King
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-04-2015
biffwillingham's Avatar
biffwillingham biffwillingham is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Martin
Posts: 85
Default LP LEak Detector

Replaced the leak detector and have gas again. It says on the original unit to replace every 60 months.
__________________
Biff & Joy Willingham
Martin, Georgia
'99 43 LXi
2004 Jeep Liberty
2003 HD Road King
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-04-2015
isp2952's Avatar
isp2952 isp2952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764
Posts: 6,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffwillingham View Post
Replaced the leak detector and have gas again. It says on the original unit to replace every 60 months.
That might be a little over the top. That means mine is 204 months overdue Seriously, mine has worked flawlessly and it is the original one. Of course, I'll go out there tomorrow and it will act up
__________________

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Propane Detector Problem LarryKehler PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) 17 07-18-2018 10:57 AM
Combustible Gas Leak Detector FredNewell Tool Tips 3 02-01-2014 07:02 PM
Water leak detector pairodice General 15 08-20-2013 07:53 AM
Air Leak Detector Rick Davis Tool Tips 29 04-16-2012 03:39 PM
ROSAN 116M LPG Leak Detector instructions sanibel General 1 09-13-2009 01:11 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.