Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Default M&G 2.0 Brake System

As part of shopping for a new toad, I’ve been looking to see if base plate and brake adapters are available for the vehicles I am considering. Looking at the M&G site, it looks like they’re shifting from the original custom air cylinder connected before the master cylinder to a generic cable setup that attaches to the brake pedal through a hole you drill in the firewall.

I can understand why they’d want to simplify their product line, but I liked the “elegance” of their original setup. Has anyone tried the 2.0 system?
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexspeed View Post
As part of shopping for a new toad, I’ve been looking to see if base plate and brake adapters are available for the vehicles I am considering. Looking at the M&G site, it looks like they’re shifting from the original custom air cylinder connected before the master cylinder to a generic cable setup that attaches to the brake pedal through a hole you drill in the firewall.

I can understand why they’d want to simplify their product line, but I liked the “elegance” of their original setup. Has anyone tried the 2.0 system?

There are just some vehicles the original M&G can not fit. No room between the Master cylinder and the actuator. Your toad may be one such auto. Had no issues when we ordered new for our latest Liberty.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

With most later model cars the shock towers are too close to the master cylinder.
The original M&G fitment was becoming obsolete, The original unit was a simple
mechanical system and no problems. I have used it for almost 16 years,
For me, I would find an acceptable toad that the original fits.
One needs to be extremely cautious & watchful, many bad things can happen with
complicated electronic systems, towing a car.
Old 1 Week Ago

Works like the "Air Force One" supplemental braking system. I can not tell if the M&G cable pulls on a dead brake petal or if it somehow maintains a vacuum on the brake booster like the AFO.

I wanted the M&G system on my Sprinter Van when I rigged it up to tow, but the sloping nose on the sprinter did not have room to move the master brake cylinder forward without hitting the hood.

I had to use the AFO and it has worked perfectly for 10 years.
Old 1 Week Ago

i sure like the original have not had a problem with mine - had it about 4 years good company very helpful if you have questions
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 1 Week Ago

I had the original M&G on my 2010 Buick Enclave. They had to remove all the air filter system including the plastic covers on top of the engine to get it to fit on the master cylinder. They installed a K&N air filter in its place.

When we setting up our 2017 Enclave we were told that only the Series 2 would fit, which requires a set up as shown above where a cable comes inside and a mount is put on the brake pedal shaft. I didn't like that so I went with the Air Force One without seriously checking how it mounted. Turns out they mount in a very similar manner. Now I have the same attachment on the brake pedal and my size 13 hits every time I brake. That is irritating. But, it really works.
2019 Renegade Verona LE 40 LTS Super C
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks guys - good stuff. Just the input I was looking for.

Jim