Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015

THANKS GUYS!!!
Old 12-11-2015

For those of you looking for a smaller coach, this is really a 36 footer not a 40. Might make the deal for someone out there!
Old 12-17-2015

I feel bad for this coach; rotting away as part of an estate while clueless sellers cannot understand why there are no buyers. By spring it will still be sitting there, but the interior pipes will have frozen and leak, the air system will have leaks, the fuel will have water in it, and the engine probably won't fire. Plus the other things (like the generator and air bags) that already need expensive repairs.

Sad.

Basic economics tells you that everything sells at a price and if what you have is not selling the price is too high. But lots of people don't understand basic economics. Right now that may be, MAY be, a $15k coach. By spring it will be $10k.

The lesson here is that, if you are proud of your Wanderlodge, have an estate plan for your coach. Know a person or dealer (like Randy) capable of selling your machine if you "croak" as the seller so kindly put it. Otherwise it may end up with family that gives it the same treatment you see in this thread.
Old 12-17-2015

I think she's doing what she can to get the coach sold before the winter. I have exchanged emails with her and she sent me videos of inside and out and with the engine running. As far as I know, the coach is winterized which was probably done by the deceased. This coach also migrated south for the winters, so road salt should not be a big issue. Jeanice had new batteries installed and some kind of inspection to determine what was needed as far as immediate repairs. From what I was told this coach has been used regularly up until last year so that has something going for it. It's not all shined up and gleaming, but with new blood in the drivers seat, that's not impossible. I've seen worse paint on some others. Someone was looking for a PT36 not too long ago. This might be it!
Old 12-17-2015

Clearly the realities are that a perfect coach is going to sell for 40 or under. The forum members know from experience what it takes to make one perfect and the seller does not have that experience. Thus the disagreement on the price . One of two outcomes . Seller finds a uniformed buyer or a knowledgeable buyer who makes an offer which works for both persons.

The internet pretty much will distribute the pricing information on almost any item for sale.

eBay with a start of ten and no reserve sounds to me like the most reasonable solution for something that needs to go. It may not sell for ten but it should maybe more . It's not going to bring anything close to 27 . 20 would be a home run. 15 would win the game.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 12-18-2015

Default Engine?

220,000 miles and no mention of engine so gotta assume it will go south soon, right? And that's how many K's?

Ken
Looking
Old 12-18-2015

Why would you say that?
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 12-18-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS View Post
220,000 miles and no mention of engine so gotta assume it will go south soon, right? And that's how many K's?

Ken
Looking

Ken, That engine could be going at 500,000. Just don't know. If you want a coach in that price range your going to take a chance or spend more $ for the comfort factor.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 12-18-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS View Post
220,000 miles and no mention of engine so gotta assume it will go south soon, right? And that's how many K's? Ken
Looking
Ken-- Hopefully, you can follow me sometime. 235K and still screaming like a banshee! The 6V92 is a great little engine. I compare it to the little 327's kids used to put in their Chevelle's. My only hesitation here is that the coach in NY has sat a little while. In almost 12 years of ownership, ours has never sat still for more than a month or so. These old coaches are like a mistress- they like to go out on dates and get "warmed up" frequently. As with all coach purchases, don't shoot your whole wad on the initial purchase- hold a little dinero back for unexpected temper tantrums.

"Savor the wine of youth, for it is a drink that can be consumed only once”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912
Old 12-18-2015

Thanks all. My casual observation in looking at coaches for sale is 10-20%? say engines have been rebuilt or replaced. Luck of the draw, not such bad odds really.

Ken
Closed Thread