Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 02-28-2020

Coolant full? Open the radiator cap, the level should be really close to the top.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 02-28-2020

Full of coolant.
803-530-2591
Old 02-28-2020

If the tstats were faulty, the unit would not start at all.

You say the fuel solenoid is opening, and the coil is firing. Are you basing that statement on hearing the clicks or observing fuel squirting and sparks flyin ?

In the manual are instructions for how to disconnect the coil to observe a mist of diesel exiting the nozzle. There also instructions for how to disable the fuel solenoid and observe the sparking at the igniters.

Not trying to be a smarty pants at all, but if the blower is running you have air, if the solenoid is opening and fuel pump is pumping you have fuel, and if the coil is sparking you have flame. It should ignite.

Even if the flame sensor is flaky it will ignite, it just won’t stay lit for more than a couple of seconds.

Check to make sure your air intake shutter is open. When you said the sensor was very sooty, that is a sign of incomplete combustion and may be a clue. The last thing to think about is the fuel pump. If it is going or gone it could explain the symptoms and the sooty chamber.
99 Newell with DD Series 60
Subaru Outback toad
Old 02-28-2020

Thanks Richard. I am just going by the sounds so far. Next will be to try and test each component. When you say if the Tstats were bad it wouldn’t start, do you mean it wouldn’t start any sequence at all? In other words I wouldn’t hear anything? I was going to test those next.
803-530-2591
Old 02-28-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcondosta View Post
Have someone start the Aquahot and hold your hand over the exhaust pipe you should feel air bowing out. If not I would check the clutch I had to replace mine.
Lee, just tried that and I do not feel any air coming out at all when I push the dash switch. I did check the clutch as mentioned in my later post. Maybe the motor is not working or bad?
803-530-2591
Old 02-28-2020

Mark If you send me your email address I will send you a file on how to trouble shoot your control box if you have not done that already.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 02-28-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
Mark If you send me your email address I will send you a file on how to trouble shoot your control box if you have not done that already.
Brian is this on the Wog at all? I wouldn't mind it for myself if needed in the future
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788
Old 02-28-2020

I don't think so and don't know how to add a file.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 02-28-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
I don't think so and don't know how to add a file.
Brain would you mind emailing it to me at jshill9697@gmail.com
Seems like I cant have too much trouble shooting info lol

thank you in advance
1999 Blue Bird 43LXi
Body # F123448
Chassis # 84788
Old 02-29-2020

Mark after our conversation yesterday I got to thinking. If the clutch is not broken then the bearings should not be the problem. if the burner motor is not starting you are not getting any power to the unit. If the burner motor does not start since the fuel pump is driven by the motor and the coil is powered by DC noting will happen. I would now start trouble shooting the DC circuits. I always check to see if you have power to the main board for starters. Lee