Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 03-29-2016
RV Appraiser

Default Biopsy Update

Thanks for all the good words; I just wanted to post an update. We had the lung biopsy done a week ago this past Friday and we went to get the sutures removed yesterday and got word on the pathology report. No Cancer was detected, but I do have heavy lung scaring from past transgressions and now severe emphysema. I guess a few poor life choices and ignorance caught up to me. I have not smoked in over 20 years, and when I did smoke I may have smoked for a total of 10 – 15 years. (RJR - Salem smokes, it was stupid, I got addicted to that cool menthol taste). We have another appointment in April to discuss potential long term treatment options, but eventually I may require supplemental oxygen. When I was released from the hospital they gave me a prescription for Oxycodone, well if the oxy was not going to kill me Fran was, it made me see weird stuff and I was a royal pain in her @$$, but I be a good boy now.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 03-29-2016

That is a very positive result. We will keep you in our prayers.
Missouri
Old 03-29-2016

Glad to hear the good news on the biopsy John!
1986 PT40 8v92
"Sturdy Birdy"
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=352
ce@pinelandplantation.com
Old 03-29-2016
prone to wandering

Thats great news John, we are happy for you and Frannie
jimdoel@me.com
Old 03-29-2016

Good news John. Lets get on with it.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 03-29-2016
Rodeobumm

John;
Mind what the Doc says and get well soon. Glad to hear that the BIG "C" is not in the picture. You are in our prayers

Last edited by rodeobumm; 03-29-2016 at 06:29 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 03-29-2016

John, I hope it is good news for you. At least you don't have to worry about the cancer end of it. I know somehow you will make it through all of this. Hoping to get to see you and Fran sometime soon, at a rally or otherwise.

I sympathize with you on the bad life choices. I started smoking when I was 15. Everybody in my family smoked, so why not?! I have my girls to thank for getting me to quit. We were on one of our cross country tours in an RV back about 1985. My oldest daughter asked me, "Why do you smoke dad?" How do you answer that intelligently? So I went with, "I don't know." They asked me to quit and I made a promise that I would, but only after we got home. I told them they didn't want me to quit on this trip and ruin it for them. But I have to say, I tried quitting several times before and never had any luck, but with the right motivation it worked and was easy, actually. I smoked Salem also. And I know what you mean about the cool menthol taste. It was addictive.

Hopefully you will get through this with out too much discomfort. I'm sure it won't be the easiest thing that you have had to deal with in your life. Just know that we are here for you. The best of luck to you in getting this under control.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 03-29-2016
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Excellent news John!
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 03-29-2016

John - best wishes on finding a cause for your pulmonary distress. Elise and I are suffering undetermined lung problems - probably environmental - but we don't know what is causing it. I've been tested for pneumonia, Legionnaire's Disease, and a passel of other ailments since I got home from Parliament. No connection there, as far as I can tell. I distinctly remember getting that "taste" in my mouth that means a cold is coming on. I even considered leaving a day early, but Saturday was a rainy, nasty day and I really wanted to wait for better weather.

THe "cold" never came. No runny nose, no fever, no headache, just this terrible deep cough and shortness of breath.

A visit to my doctor started the battery of tests that we (we both have it) continue till today. We've had the house tested for mold and powdery fungi of various types. Clean - apparently Chlordane lasts a long long time. In our case over 100 years. The potable water in the BB has been tested but that was not conclusive for mold. Only tested for eColi. Disinfected and flushed 3 times yesterday, including all fixtures and the icemaker. Suspicion is that it's not waterborne since no intestinal problems.

Headed for an allergist that specializes in air borne allergens on Monday. We have had a very heavy pollen year but never had a reaction before and this has been going on since January.

If the doc says dust, etc.it'll be time to pull the carpet out of the BB. We have no carpet in the house but enough oriental rugs that would have to be sanitized to put us in the poor house. Next step will be duct cleaning if dust is the culprit.

Bottom line is, please let us know what they find out with you. It'll be a shot in the dark, but maybe it will provide a hint for Dr. Feelbad.

Elise and I send our sincere prayers and empathy to you. Something's gotta give.
Old 03-30-2016

A lot of good news in your update John. So glad to hear it. We will pray for 100%. Don't worry about the supplemental oxygen. You'll just be turbocharged like your Bird. Where will they put your boost gauge? Good luck my friend!
2013 Lincoln MKX (toad)
alan.darson@gmail.com