Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 06-07-2010

Default Tornado destruction

WOW! My bride and I and our three dogs huddled in the center of our house twice as big winds and strong rain blew through our neighbor hood on Saturday night. We live in a one time oak tree forest and the giants were creaking and squeaking in the wind. The eye of the storm went over and it was so calm and quiet listening to the toads croaking. Then the rain came overflowing the eaves and I couldn't see twenty feet into my yard. The all clear came about 330 am. Two close friends had a very close brush with the full force of the storm. One friend heard the twister go over his house and it touched down 1/4 mile to the east and took out two houses completely. There is nothing left not any debris just the concrete where a house once stood! He lives two miles south of Delta, Ohio. The other friend lives one mile east of the high school and police station that was devestated in Lake tnship. Several blocks east of his house there were fatalities and fifteen to twenty houses destroyed. He lives a mile across route 280 from the high school. Between the school and his house there is a high voltage tower line and the tops of the towers are twisted. Cars from who knows where are in the farm fields just west of his house. Semi trailers are also twisted like tin cans from a truck muffler business 1/4 mile from his house. They are not taking any offers for volunteer help yet as all residents are not accounted for. We feel very lucky. Rick in Ohio, dodged a bullet this time!

1980 FC35, 1961 PD4106 GMC SN:326 Charter member of the Two Bus Club for now
I am in Toledo, Ohio
Rick Gunther
Old 06-07-2010

You just never know do you? Glad you are OK. Has to be a terrible thing to see happen to neighbors and friends. You feel lucky and happy for yourself and very sad and then almost guilty for your good fortune,( I would think).

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold