Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 10-02-2019

Default 3D 360º High Definition Surround View Cameras

They are a big thing this year. I saw a video of (a) Buscon and saw REIs display. I did some investigation and found more about it. It has a microprocessor based DVR behind the cameras. It can make video from its's fish eye cameras and turn them into incredible shots of what is going on around your coach (or bus) in 'live; VR. Like a birds eye view, infrared night vision etc. From the looks of it, they will be a huge help where you have to back up into a tight spot.

The video is sort of slick, but I have seen others and they seem to do what is claimed. I also found about a half dozen competitors form Asia out there. REI told me they are making the gear here, but with some overseas chips and other electronics.

The whole (kit) system with a calibration kit is under 2,000$ for self install. I called them, set up an account and have the kit coming. I have a standard wireless camera system new in the box I will be bringing to the WOG to sell.

I doubt I will have this system up in time. I like to know if anybody else has anything like it?

https://youtu.be/0Ye4oR_KPh0.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 10-03-2019

Yep, cool stuff! I'll bet it will be a challenge to get set up the first time, but once done it should be the Cats Behind!
Birdless for now!
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 10-09-2019

Got them today. Its four good sized cameras with bubble lenses, the processor box and a HD monitor. No way I will have them in before the WOG. When I get them in this winter I will be sure to take some pics and maybe a video to show what they can and cannot do.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835