Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 09-22-2019

Bright spot in this is that George is a fighter. His spirits are still high and that's half the battle.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 09-22-2019

Default George moris

My wife and I keep George in our prayers daily.
Prayer is powerful medison.
Hang in there George we are all pulling for you........ Mario.

2cruzers

1982 Bluebird FC 35' side bath
1985 Avion 35' travel trailer
Old 09-22-2019

Someone get George some Medihoney Gel. It works to kill staph infections and has demonstrated efficacy on MRSA. It works especially well in moist environments where there is a biofilm of bacteria . The tracheal stoma is generally moist area. Not sure of the nature / location of his wound/ infection , may or may not be appropriate solution. The chemo and radiation have deleterious effects on immune health and it would be nice to use a efficacious natural product rather than a systemic antibiotic that only wipes out his intestinal flora that are likely still trying to recover from treatment. 80% of our immunity is mediated through the gut microbiome( the synergy of millions of bacteria keeping things in order) He needs natural, real nutrient dense foods to aid in his tissue recovery. Pretty hard to get in commercially available tube feeding preparations. Many physicians, including Hem/Onc , in my experience are ignorant to the food healing connection.

I’ve used Medihoney with great success on ugly patient wounds, myself for tissue damage from Spyder bite, wounds on my German Shepard’s , calf’s and cows. It is part of my first aid preparations I keep in home.

Any honey is antibacterial but the Manuka Honey from plants specific to New Zealand is multiple steps above and has science to back its claims. Stick to the brand name as there are many trying to ride the wave on the merits of this product.

I am not a doctor , but know a thing or two from many years of varying nursing experience.

I write this in the spirit of trying to offer suggestions to help fix George , who in turn fixes Wanderlodges .
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764
“In a time of deceit, telling the truth becomes revolutionary “
Old 09-22-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-Liberty View Post
Someone get George some Medihoney Gel. It works to kill staph infections and has demonstrated efficacy on MRSA. It works especially well in moist environments where there is a biofilm of bacteria . The tracheal stoma is generally moist area. Not sure of the nature / location of his wound/ infection , may or may not be appropriate solution. The chemo and radiation have deleterious effects on immune health and it would be nice to use a efficacious natural product rather than a systemic antibiotic that only wipes out his intestinal flora that are likely still trying to recover from treatment. 80% of our immunity is mediated through the gut microbiome( the synergy of millions of bacteria keeping things in order) He needs natural, real nutrient dense foods to aid in his tissue recovery. Pretty hard to get in commercially available tube feeding preparations. Many physicians, including Hem/Onc , in my experience are ignorant to the food healing connection.

I’ve used Medihoney with great success on ugly patient wounds, myself for tissue damage from Spyder bite, wounds on my German Shepard’s , calf’s and cows. It is part of my first aid preparations I keep in home.

Any honey is antibacterial but the Manuka Honey from plants specific to New Zealand is multiple steps above and has science to back its claims. Stick to the brand name as there are many trying to ride the wave on the merits of this product.

I am not a doctor , but know a thing or two from many years of varying nursing experience.

I write this in the spirit of trying to offer suggestions to help fix George , who in turn fixes Wanderlodges .

Thanks for the tip.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 10-10-2019

I spent a little while with George yesterday. I was there to pick up my bus and he walked out. He still has the trache and the feeding tube but seems to be tolerating it well. He will have another breathing test shortly. He is also scheduled for a PET scan to make sure the cancer has not spread.

I thought he looked amazingly good considering all he’s been through. He has a long way to go but he says he’s itching to get back to work.

He thanked me again for all those who participated in the Go Fund me effort. He said it meant a huge difference for him, not only financially, but emotionally.

I know he would like us all to remember him in our prayers.
Old 10-11-2019

Good to hear Stick!

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 4 Days Ago

I just received a call from George and his wife, he wanted to let me know he had good news. He is cancer free but will still have the trach for while, and how much he appreciated everything WOG and all its users had done for family.

Danny Doster
RAINBOW CITY, AL
1990 Wide Body 40
Old 4 Days Ago

Default update on George

Ok folks here's the latest.

Got a call from George and Kathy Morris just about an hour ago.
They went for a checkup today and...

GEORGE IS NOW CANCER FREE!!

George would like to send his deepest thanks to all those that supported him both financially and in prayer. He said it was like a weight being lifted off of him. Anyone that ever fought and won against cancer can relate to this.

They also removed the feeding tube today. However, he still has the trach in his throat. But hopefully that will be taken out in a few months.

As a friend of George's and a fellow BB owner, I would also like to send a personal thanks for all those that jumped in to help. Thank you all!!

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 4 Days Ago

So glad to hear this good news! Thank you for the updates!
Old 4 Days Ago

That is great news . We wish him a speedy recovery .

Also , we are happy to continue our contribution until notification that it is no longer necessary . We've had friends in similar situations and understand that every little bit helps the family get through the tough emotional and financial times . We'll continue to pray for Mr George and family .

Thank you for the wonderful news
318-553-4186
1994 BMC 37' "Sold"
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1986 F150
KE5WCW