Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 06-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
If your radio has an aux mini stereo jack connection, and if your TV has the same, the solution is a 15ft cable that just plugs in. If not, you are probably not going to get it to work.
YES I think I will have to just tinker with it at my house and deal with HOA if they complain. But your idea of the long aux mini jack is the way to go. I will see if I can plug it to the back of the stereo from the TV. Thanks
email me at chia30@att.net
Old 06-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurdock View Post
I think with the list you have you need to parse it out into skills needed. You may find someplace that is willing to tackle all of it but you run the risk of having somebody that's ok at everything but not an expert at anything.

Any good RV shop can do these:

1. Install a vent cover over a fantastic fan that is leaking when there is driving rain hitting it. (can't do work at my house or HOA and nasty neighbor will complain)

3. Fix a few leaking connections in the wet bay. I can do this myself but my HOA and a mean neighbor will report me in a minute if I do to much work on an RV in front of my house. So I have to pay somebody.

I'd find a good car stereo shop (plenty in Houston with all the bump bump'n I hear from cars!)

2. Install side video camera at least for the passenger side so I can see low cars in my only blind spot. Already have the equipment for from PO since he had installed the a new rear camera.

4. Get the newish dash car stereo working better. It plays CDs no issues but can't get a signal from antenna. Also would like to get all the speakers in the bus tied to the TV above the driver in the front so when we are watching TV we hear it thru all the speakers in the bus.

Body Shop

5. Give me a quote on fixing a few stress cracks on fiberglass caps rear and front. Not major fiberglass work here but would like to get this cracks fixed. Also one or tall small rust spots on the metal body to make sure it does not spread.

Car A/C shop/mobile mechanic/etc... A/C is A/C - at least verify your freon,etc... first.

6. Driver AC is running but I think it needs freon and may have a very small leak in the freon line somewhere. AC is not that cold.
Thanks DuWayne, I think I am going to try and deal with some of the simpler issues on my own. I went and put more metal ducktape up on the fantastic fan vent and will check again when I drive in rain. If that don't work than I am going to install the vent cover myself.

I am also going to have to get a few radio shop to install the video like you said. And the rest is minor so again will try to do on my own and hope no complaints from HOA.
Old 06-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chia30 View Post
Thanks DuWayne, I think I am going to try and deal with some of the simpler issues on my own. I went and put more metal ducktape up on the fantastic fan vent and will check again when I drive in rain. If that don't work than I am going to install the vent cover myself.

I am also going to have to get a few radio shop to install the video like you said. And the rest is minor so again will try to do on my own and hope no complaints from HOA.

Metal duct tape is not what I'd use to try and stop a water leak. Eternabond.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 06-23-2016

Also I would like to keep this thread going to help all us Texas/Houston BB owners get good help on our bus.

I try going to Beasley Tire Kingwood to get my front tire aligned. Talked to them on the phone before I drove my BB there and they assured me they could do it. BIG MISTAKE...their place was way to small to take my bus in. We have to move other trucks out the way to get my BB into their yard. Than I waited for about 40 mins before their tech came out and said NO he can't align the bus! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!

Than they sent me to Beasley Tire of Houston, only 15 mins away. Now these guys had a much bigger location and it was easy to drive my bus onto their yard...however they also could NOT align the front steering on this bus.

I was told by both shops, that they can't align ANY motorhome that has front air bag suspension. So after 3 hours of driving around the best I got was Juilo at Beasley Tire of Houston was nice enough to cross swap the front tires to try and even the thread out. Julio noticed that the right tire had more coping it then the left tire. And he said that sometimes older sets of tires wear out uneven and the bus will start to pull. Well he was correct the pull to the right was lessen by about 50% after he cross swap the two front tires.

I still have a small pull to the right however so if anybody knows of a shop that FOR SURE can do front wheel alignment on air suspension motorhome please email me.

Both shop were nice to deal with and talk to but avoid the Beasley shop in Kingwood, they are just to small of a location to take your bus in. The Beasley Tire of Houston had a much bigger place and they did help me a little with the tire swap cross over.

Also I am hoping that when I replace the front steer tires next year that it may TOTALLY fix the pull to the right issue.

Does other 40' BB owner on the board have front alignment pulling issues and if so how have you guys fix it in the past?

Thanks again for all the good advice. I am going to update this thread with any GOOD or BAD shops that I deal with in the future to help other BB owners in Houston.

Last edited by Chia30; 06-23-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-23-2016
Forum owner

Does the coach always pull to the left?
If your in the right lane on a 4 lane road,it pulls left?
What about if your in the left lane?,does it still pull left?
Have you checked the air pressure in the tires?
Does your coach have a Safe-T-Plus on it?
If so,is it adjusted properly?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Does the coach always pull to the left?
If your in the right lane on a 4 lane road,it pulls left?
What about if your in the left lane?,does it still pull left?
Have you checked the air pressure in the tires?
Does your coach have a Safe-T-Plus on it?
If so,is it adjusted properly?
I think woody took the Safe-T-Plus off a long time ago Randy. And now that I think about it REALLY pulls to the right and i have turn the wheel to the left to keep it straight. My mistake. And no it NOT because of the road condition. It pull I think more because of the uneven tire that are now 6 year old.

So I got the tires crossed swap at Beasely and it did seem to reduce the pull to the RIGHT about 50% so that is great. But still the pull is NOT really bad but would like to be able to let the steering wheel go and see it drive STRAIGHT.

I had a similar pull on my 2012 Thor that I just sold and it took about $1k in front end work to get it to drive TRUE. Well worth it if I can find a mech in Houston to do the work.

Also I am hoping that next year when I get NEW front steer tires that it will reduce the pull to the right a little more.

Don't get me wrong the pull is NOT that bad but being nervous new driver like I am...I want it to drive TRUE if possible.
Old 06-23-2016

Randy I do check the air pressure on the tires before I drive the unit. Woody had tire monitors on the steams so that is super easy to do.

Also on a related questions about tire pressure. I found a plaque in the storage unit below that stats 110 front tire pressure, 100 rear tire pressure and I think 90 for the tag. However Woody told me to keep them all at 90PSI. I am not trying to go against what Woody told me but just double checking with you all?

Go by the plaque I found in the storage unit? Also I have not read all the manual yet.
Old 06-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Metal duct tape is not what I'd use to try and stop a water leak. Eternabond.
Yes you are correct Rick. I did order some ethernobond online but it took a while to come in. So I used duck-tape since it was all I had on hand at the time. I plan on redoing it all if I see future leaks. Hope that fixes it. It maybe a leak coming from another location that is just running to this fan area. I know its not easy to track it roof leaks down that are small.

Thanks for the advice Rick.

Has anybody notice a leak on the 90ish BB coming from the metal screws on the aluminum running boards on the roof. I was also thinking of taking down and inspecting the running boards just to confirm that those screws have silicon or something on them to prevent any water intrusion into the roof. Not sure if this is a waste of time? And again I plan on watching this fan area closely to see if it continues to leak this small amount of water into the fan in the bathroom.
Old 06-23-2016
Forum owner

Road conditions have always played a role in the way my coachs drive,thats why i asked.
Send us a pic of the tire wear.

Front end alignments are just like tuneups,not worth the trouble in most cases.
It all depends on the alignment tech.

Silicone sealer is not what you want on your roof,or around your screws.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Road conditions have always played a role in the way my coachs drive,thats why i asked.
Send us a pic of the tire wear.

Front end alignments are just like tuneups,not worth the trouble in most cases.
It all depends on the alignment tech.

Silicone sealer is not what you want on your roof,or around your screws.
Randy you may be correct on the alignment. I may be over thinking it. I tend to do that when I am not sure about somethings. I will wait to see how the bus pulls after I get new steer tires next year.

I need to use Dicor 501LSW-1 Lap Sealant correct Randy? I purchased a tube of it with the EternaBond. But hope the duck-tape will do it. Worst case I have to take all that tape off the roof clean it all up and redo it all again and install the vent hood.

Thanks again for all the replies.

We need to build up the BBs group here in Houston. I am surprise how few Houston BB owners I see replying to threads on WOG. I assume with the city size of Houston there would be more BB owners. Its seem that most of the BB owners in Texas are further north by Dallas.

I just wish there was one REALLY GOOD RV SHOP in Houston that knew BBs so I can just turn it over to them.