Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Travel Tips - Fuel Prices

Travel Tips - Fuel Prices Everyone has travel tips. Share and discuss yours here with the rest of the group.

Site Search:

Old 01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallySummerlin View Post
Kip. when I was a kid we use to take our Airstream over to the Suwannee River camping. Great place to hang out.
Bruce
Bruce The website photos don't do it justice. they had a bunch of updated pixs at the RV show. definately looks like a place I'm going to try.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 01-29-2013

Thanks for all the suggestions. We looked at all the websites and they voted on CampGulf in Destin. Booked a site for the coach and a cabin for extra sleeping room. We'll let you know how it works out!
2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
FMCA 057126
Old 01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfedeli View Post
Dana- there's a nice, but not fancy, campground called "Jetty Park" in Titusville. You are parked across the dune from the ocean and near the loading area for lots of cruise ships. We stayed there in the bird back in 2010 and watched a NASA launch from the beach.
My parents are there now. They have spent the past two weeks there and really like it. The Disney cruise ship docks close by. They get a kick out of going down to the beach and watching the cruise ships go out. The ship has monstrous speakers that play Disney tunes as it goes by. Kind of like a Wanderlodge on steroids!

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 01-30-2013

Good one Dan!
Jupiter Fl
Edlegue@ymail.com
Michelelegue@yahoo.com
Old 01-30-2013

Take a look at Henderson St Park in Destin, Exceptional Park the last 200 acres of natural Florida in Destin, you wont be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrempe View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. We looked at all the websites and they voted on CampGulf in Destin. Booked a site for the coach and a cabin for extra sleeping room. We'll let you know how it works out!
Old 01-30-2013

Henderson St Park in Destin -yeah
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 01-30-2013

Oh really?

We are going to have to go check that out.

We loved TopSail, at Santa Rosa Beach, and Fort de Soto, wonderful, and of course the Ho Hum for a peaceful waterfront view but nothing else in the way of facilities, but the one that really interested us, was a for rent by owner, gulf front, completely private RV site, on it's own residential beachfront lot, not cheap and by the week only at Indian Pass. I think you could get perhaps 2 RVs in there, one with provided hookups and the other one without. And just from memory but I think it was something like $475. per week, that was the minimum stay and after I investigated it, I found out they were literally booked for months in advance. But it is a primo spot, if you don't want to be in an RV campground and if you want to be directly on the beach, smack in between luxury beach front homes, that rarely have any one there in the off season. The beach is yours, for family, dogs, surf fishing, night time beach walking, stargazing. We are going to book it ourselves one of these days. Just our cup of tea, and bring our dogs and the kids along beside us in their camper.
Old 01-30-2013

Oh, and as far as State Campgrounds we also enjoyed our stay at St. Andrews, at Panama City Beach.

The park occupies the beachfront, which is gorgeous and beyond the high rise strip, and the campground is along the canal/jetties. You can either, walk, bike or golf cart to the beach, about 1/4 - 1/2 mile depending on where along the beach.

If you like jets and Air Force aircraft, then these too will be an added treat. Just watching the practice and maneuvers coming out of that place, it's like having a front seat to the air show while having beautiful beach and fishing access too!.
Old 01-31-2013
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrempe View Post
Just keep in mind that Destin at the end of Feb is not going to be what most people consider tropical beach weather. Now, it could be very nice and warm (think highs in the upper 70's to low 80's). It could also be chillier with highs in the high 50's to low 60's. Its a big variable that time of year. Just as a data point, the average high for late Feb/early Mar is about 65.

We'll be headed down in our old Winnebago to that area (we'll be along 30-A at Grayton Beach) in July (most likely). LOVE that area of Florida - mostly because of the beaches!
Marietta, GA
Old 01-31-2013

Understood Jonathan. We were hoping to go further south for the rest of our trip but time constraints won't allow it. The Destin area is kind of on our way back north and is still much nicer than the foot of snow I'm looking at right now!
2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
FMCA 057126