Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 11-25-2008
Corporate Member

Default Birds Nest Changes

Dear Friends, As you all are painfully aware, the recent economic climate has strained RV manufacturers and Dealers to their breaking point and beyond, many venerable brands are out of business, two very notable bankruptcy cases are National RV and Weekend Warrior, Fleetwood is now on shaky ground having had their stock de-listed from the New York Stock Exchange and trading at the end around .25 cents. Dealers like La Mesa and Ten Thousand RVs are closing stores or going completely out of business.

At Blue Bird we remain committed to saving this proud brand and returning it to its greatness and do succeed at this effort we must examine every expense and continue to right size the company to weather this storm and be fit and able to take advantage of the opportunities as our economy revives.

In this process of examining and re-evaluating our expenses we have found it necessary to make the tough decision to change the terms of staying at the Birds Nest. To make this transition as painless as possible we are trying via the owners forums, postings at the Birds Nest and in the factory lobby and holding off on the implementation date until January 2nd. (Actually for those of you already staying at the Birds Nest and enjoying your traditional Christmas/New Years Holiday with us the new rules will become effective at the conclusion of your stay and before your next stay.

We have formulated our rates and membership plans to be competitive with other sites, and to provide enhanced service, parts and other values if you purchase the annual membership plans. We have tried to tailor a plan suited to every budget and camping pattern.

We know that some of you, like us, will be disappointed in these changes, but again, we are facing extraordinary times the likes of which most of us have never seen unless we were around for the great depression.'

Many of you, however, have written to me personally and asked what you can do to support us and our efforts to revive the brand and restore its greatness. Well, first and foremost, buy one!!! But if a new Blue Bird isn't in your future, buy one of our plans, or if you don't want to prepay a plan, continue to stay with us with these new plans. Either way your continued support, faith and encouragement will be key to our success and appreciated beyond words. THANKS for your continued support, the plan is below:
WANDERLODGE PREMIER SERVICE PLAN

1. All purchasers of brand new Blue Bird Coaches get a complementary two-year Platinum Plus membership to the Wanderlodge Premier Service Plan.

Platinum Plus Plan Membership Benefits Include:
• Free unlimited stays at the Birds Nest.
• 10% discount on all work done at CWH facilities
• 10% discount on all parts purchases
• 20% discount of Rally In The Valley registration
• Plan member may bring a guest with a motor coach up to 6 times per year. Length of stay limited to duration of plan members stay.
• Plan membership card.
• Email updates.
• If Rally in the Valley held in the Fort Valley area reservations will be required and spaces filled on a first come first serve basis with priority given to plan members.

2. After the second year Plan Memberships can be bought at the following levels and benefits:

1. Platinum level Cost $895.00 per year
• 30 days per year of free Birds Nest stays.
Each additional night at $22.00 per night. 12:00am checkout.
• 10% discount on all work done at CWH facilities.
• 10% discount on all parts purchases.
• 20% discount of Rally In The Valley registration.
• Plan member may bring one guest with a motor coach up to 6 times per year. Length of stay limited to duration of plan members stay. Guest to stay at lower park.
• Plan membership card.
• Email updates.
• If Rally in the Valley held in Fort Valley area reservations will be required and spaces filled on a first come first serve basis with priority given to plan members.

2. Gold level Cost $695.00 per year
• 15 days per year of free Bird Nest stays.
Each additional night $22.00 per night. 12:00am checkout.
• 10% discount on all work done at CWH facilities.
• 10% discount on al parts purchases.
• 20% discount on Rally in The Valley registration.
• Plan member may bring one guest with a motor coach up to 6 times per year. Length of stay limited to duration of stay of plan member. Guest to stay at lower park.
• Plan membership card.
• Email updates.
• If Rally in the Valley held in Fort Valley area reservations will be required and spaces filled on a first come first serve basis with priority given to plan members.

3. Silver Level Cost $495.00 per year
• 7 days per year of free birds nest stays.
each additional night $22.00 per night. 12:00am checkout.
• 5% discount on all work done at CWH facilities.
• 5% discount on all parts purchases.
• Plan member may bring one guest with a motor coach up to 3 times per year. Length of stay limited to plan members duration of stay. Guest to stay at lower park.
• Plan membership card.
• Email updates.

BIRDS NEST DAILY RATES

All non-plan member Blue Bird Owners will be subject to the following rates:
• $28.00 per night for stays at the birds nest upper level (subject to availability)
• $24 per night for stays at the Birds Nest lower level.
• Guest with a motor coach subject to the same rates.
• No discounts on shop work.
• No discounts on parts.
• Reservations are required for large groups.
• All rules and regulations apply.

SERVICE CUSTOMERS

Regardless of brand any service customers that come in for billable or warrantable service get two free nights in advance of their service appointment and two nights after the work is completed. We do need to be flexible and reasonable on nights after the service work is completed as the owner may have a long distance to come back for their coach and may have to wait for time off, in addition owners are entitled to a couple nights in the nest after service work, if the desire, to confirm the coach work is complete and no issues arise.

Allen Barbee is the manager of this plan and can be contacted at 478-825-0330 or by email at abarbee@bluebirdcoachworks.com
www.bluebirdcoachworks.com
email: macy@completecoach.com
Cell: 951 836 6525 Office: 951 684 9585 Fax: 951 684 2023
1863 Service Court
Riverside, CA 92507
Old 11-25-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Thumbs up

Thanks Macy,

That sounds to me like a very reasonable cost considering the times and the facilities available at the NEST. The daily rates are what I would be looking at whenever I stay there, other than for any service that I would have done, are in line with what is available in the area at a comparable facility.

Let's also hope that everyone, no matter what position they may hold in any type of Wanderlodge club, would also abide by the rules that are clearly posted at the NEST, that would make for a more enjoyable stay while you are staying at the NEST.

Thanks again.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 11-25-2008
Can't re-member

My two cents. Considering that on average there are typically only 2-3 coaches there and many times the nest sits empty, these rates still do not cover what it cost them to maintain the facility. I know once or twice a year it may fill up but trust me, it sits mostly empty or nearly so. My wife and I talked about it and here's some additional reasoning on our part. Before I pay $25 or so for a campground in Byron or Perry (anywhere else local for that matter) I will pay the difference just to get away from a gazillion kids and permanents. See y'all at the nest....

John

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 11-25-2008

Default Birds Nest Changes

Macy:

We are extremely happy the level of professional competence and "Southern Hospitality" experienced at BB in Ft. Valley.

I will be contacting Allen shortly and signing up for the Platinum Membership.

Keep up the good work!
Old 11-25-2008

Wink changes

I need and want to support CCW. Their plan has some merit.

However, I have found their parts to be more than 10% over priced and have been forced to take my Bus elsewhere, due to less than satisfactory service. I realize most of the mechanics I dealt with are gone, but the memory remains. I also found where I was charged for work asked for, but not done(they would correct the bill after protest).

CCW addressed the Quality issue in the new Blue Bird, now I hope they will address the quality of their service and their pricing (including parts). Value equals High Quality + Competitive Price.

I can stay at Twin Oaks or Fair Harbor for $20.00 or less per night (Passport America), so why drive 20 miles out of your way? I think their nightly rate of $28.00 is too much.

Bottom line is that if I thought that their service was excellent and their parts were competitively priced, I would sign up.

I wish CCW and Macy the best. I am willing to help them if I can.

Richard

Yesmar@fairpoint.net
Eight 5 zero four four 7 one 7 zero zero
1994 Wanderlodge (sold)
2000 LXI (sold)
1993 Wanderlodge(Sold)
2004 M380 (FOR SALE)
1997 Marathon
Old 11-25-2008

Wink During change over

In order to be fair to CCW, my poor service and parts pricing problems were during the transition. CCW had not had time to change anything and I was dealing with the old Blue Bird mechanics and pricing schedules. Just after the last Rally in Valley in Perry is when I gave up and went elsewhere.

I have been told that Blue Bird stripped the facility and severly restricted access to necessary prints,etc. It is also said that CCW went above and beyond the call of duty to assist owners during the 450LXI recall. At the last Rally in the Valley in Perry, I was impressed by the attitude expressed there. It is very difficult to change a corporate culture, which the old Blue Bird fostered and allowed to fester. The Motor home industry is in a state of turmoil. For some time, I felt that there were way too many dealers and manufacturers to support the market in the long run. Quality, service, and fair pricing are the basics that must be tended to in order to survive in the long run. I believe that CCW is attempting to do that.

I tip my hat to CCW and will support them in any way that I can. However, they must re-earn the trust lost. Competitive part pricing would be a start. How about a service your Bluebird specials.

Yesmar@fairpoint.net
Eight 5 zero four four 7 one 7 zero zero
1994 Wanderlodge (sold)
2000 LXI (sold)
1993 Wanderlodge(Sold)
2004 M380 (FOR SALE)
1997 Marathon
Old 11-25-2008
Forum owner

to tell you all the trurth,i have spent less than 10 nites at the BN in 20 years of birding,no real reason except bad timing when passing through.
i would pay the price for a nite just so i have the security and comfront of the nest.
plus,i may see one of you guys there,and thats the real reason to stop.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-25-2008
hturner 12

I have never stayed at the nest as I only live 45 minutes away. As the current economic hit everyone hard I fully understand the need for change. Macy and his team should be complimented on the work that has happened so far. If need I would gladly pay the $28.00. We ere on a trip 3 years ago and spent 32 at a KOA in Sherveport in January. If I had thought about when the house was under repair for water damage, I would have went to the nest instead I went to a small campground closer than the nest. Just a basic cow pasture that had been turned in to a campground, I think I paid about 28 for that one. My point is that at 28 we are getting a lot for the money.
Old 11-29-2008

Thumbs up

Macy

Its sounds very fair ro me. My experience with the facory service and parts has been very good. I am sure I could find the parts for less, however I do not wish to spend the time looking. I will suppot he factory and I hope they are there a long time to support me.

I look foward to going back for more work.

Happy Holidays
Old 11-30-2008

I have not had the chance to stay at the Bird's Nest, although I would like to at some point. The main reason is that I live so far away. If ,and when, I do get out that way I will gladly pay to stay.
I must say that I have never had any work done on my coach by the factory, but I have ordered parts from there, and only when I could not get them elsewhere. I have ordered the plastic strips that hold th ceiling panels in, that was rather expensive but otherwise painless. I also ordered a front windsheild rubber gasket - it should have been very reasonable, but turned out to be expensive and a nightmare.
Based on my experiences dealing with BB for parts, I will only order from them as a last resort.

Peter Haggins
35' FC 78
"Prairie Dog"