Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:
View Poll Results: Some are having issues with this thread, help us by answering this poll
Close this thread 4 4.49%
Add a moderator to moderate all posts, before allowing it in this thread or moving it to a new one. 6 6.74%
Leave it as it is. 79 88.76%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
Good post Van, Yes I agree. I do not post in this thread, and also was one of the 4 Nays.

But the vote spoke and we are not willing to monitor each and every post, then place it into the proper category.
The original poster started this thread 4 years ago and has not posted for almost 2 years.
But apparently it is still a popular thread.
As is Bird Spotted, these two threads are the most popular Forum threads,
just check the post counts on the top left home page.
I'm with you and Van on this one. Bill, you say it is "popular". My take on it is that people are lazy. They want to tell us what they did, but don't want to go to the trouble of starting a new thread. Plain and simple as that! I also wonder if it isn't partially due to people using their damm! phones to post. Nothing seems to work properly when using a phone. My wife complains about the mobile app for her bank. When she uses the computer it looks and operates completely different and she can't do some of the things on her phone that she can on the computer. Maybe if enough people read this then a few will change, but my guess is the rest will be too lazy to change. Now I'll get off my soapbox too.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 04-16-2018

I was very interested in the thermostat/new AC posts as well. I guess I never thought about the ability to find it later when I need it. I have posted in this thread before because it looked like the "thing to do". In the future, I will not use it as I agree it does defeat the purpose of this forum which is to provide needed information in a form that is accessible when you need it. I know the poll was closed long ago, but I vote NO.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 04-16-2018

I'm moving to a new method of using this thread. In the future I'll simply post a couple of lines on what I did and point to the complete writeup in the appropriate area.

For example:

This week I'm using the refrigerator in the bus parked in the yard, as my home unit burned up the compressor and it will be another week before it's repaired.

Example 2:

Yesterday I completed the installation and wiring of a 50A outlet box on the side of my house beside my main entry panel. A more complete writeup can be found in the xxxxx thread.

Example 3:

Today I discovered that the 50A extension cord that I just purchased because the cord on the bus won't reach the new outlet box won't fit into the 50A outlet box that I just installed because the housing of the plug interferes with the box. Of course, the installation of the 50A box was moved up the priority list so that I could get away from the 15 amp extension cord plugged into the 15-30 adapter plugged into the 30-50 adapter plugged into the bus so that I could run the refrigerator while waiting for the service tech to replace compressor/condensor on my home unit.

The above examples are true. Only the dates have been changed to protect the innocent. (channeling Dragnet).

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 04-16-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahansm View Post
I'm moving to a new method of using this thread. In the future I'll simply post a couple of lines on what I did and point to the complete writeup in the appropriate area.

For example:

This week I'm using the refrigerator in the bus parked in the yard, as my home unit burned up the compressor and it will be another week before it's repaired.

Example 2:

Yesterday I completed the installation and wiring of a 50A outlet box on the side of my house beside my main entry panel. A more complete writeup can be found in the xxxxx thread.

Example 3:

Today I discovered that the 50A extension cord that I just purchased because the cord on the bus won't reach the new outlet box won't fit into the 50A outlet box that I just installed because the housing of the plug interferes with the box. Of course, the installation of the 50A box was moved up the priority list so that I could get away from the 15 amp extension cord plugged into the 15-30 adapter plugged into the 30-50 adapter plugged into the bus so that I could run the refrigerator while waiting for the service tech to replace compressor/condensor on my home unit.

The above examples are true. Only the dates have been changed to protect the innocent. (channeling Dragnet).
Thats a great idea!
Make sure you title the new tread so its easy to find.
If your searching for a thread,it needs to be easy to look for.
"new fridge install 1984"

Or "Gas shocks on airline cabinets"

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-24-2018

I walked by the beautiful beast realizing I haven't even washed and waxed her since she gave us 3300 miles of bliss and pleasure to Arizona and Mexico ; etc I have been so busy getting our home ready to sell and emailing legal documents tying us to a 3/4 acre of paradise in Arizona we just closed on.. Without her amazing quality and safety we would just be rotting away in the Oregon rain until being planted in the soil at some later date. Once I get the legal **** done with I am gonna use Carnaba Wax and lots of love.... She has changed our lives for the better! Thanks Mark Ginger Lauss for hooking us on "Q". Thanks too to Randy Dupree for this amazing machine!
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 04-25-2018

Default Leroy the bus

Changed out the batteries today. Fired up like a dream!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180425_181552.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	55109   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180425_181602.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	55110   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180425_181616.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	55111  
Old 04-25-2018

Default just a wash

Drove over to my friends bus company to dump the tanks, refill with fresh water, then use his rolling bus washer to clean her all up on the exterior.

Came out great and ready to use at the races this weekend at the Stafford Spring Sizzler.
stuart@safcofoam.com
Old 04-26-2018

My silverleaf cable showed up today. Had bought the module off the FleaBay. Been accumulating stuff since fall.
Silverleaf
EEZ RV booster antenna, just need the rest of it
Progressive hardwire surge/power monitor
4/0 welding wire for house bank
New 6VDC battery’s
Several 12VDC power outlets & USB ports
Got 2 sets of 20 ton jack stands
Also got the heavy truck ramps
Lap hose and adapters for the grills
Alarmstat and thermostats

Tim, Dawn, Grace & Paul Mendenhall
And a handful of dogs and some Alpacas, goats & sheep
Old 04-27-2018
95 WB 42

Default Batteries

Helped a friend resolve his inverter, issues.
Really acting crazy.
Charges then won't charge.
Inverts them wouldn't invert.
Passes through then it won't.
Found house batteries failed also the engine batteries very weak.
Replaced all. Batteries. Seems ok now. I wasn't aware batteries could cause that many issues at the same time.
Picture is of the worst one. Fairly sure this battery all used up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180427_133632.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	55122  

1995 WB 42 Series 60
Perry Georgia
770-548-1441 cell
Old 04-27-2018

Wow..do you have any photo's of that Rolling Bus Washer? I'm dreading getting out there with the brush...to get all that WASHINGTON GREEN off of her this year.
"Wing-In-It!"