Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:
View Poll Results: Some are having issues with this thread, help us by answering this poll
Close this thread 4 4.49%
Add a moderator to moderate all posts, before allowing it in this thread or moving it to a new one. 6 6.74%
Leave it as it is. 79 88.76%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4091  
Old 06-01-2019
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 35,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUCHESTOM View Post
Here are the AC line routing pictures for the dash air on my 1985 PT40. The line goes through the floor on the bottom right of the photo with the stove and cabinet removed.
Attachment 62211

Attachment 62212

Attachment 62213

Attachment 62214

Attachment 62215

Attachment 62216

Attachment 62217

you are the man!
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #4092  
Old 06-01-2019
Alever Alever is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wapakoneta
Posts: 93
Default

Been a busy 2 weeks. Changed oil in 8v92 and found a cracked drivers side exhaust manifold. Got it fixed with all new hardware except one stud. Then found the rear alternator was not making any power. Got the floor up in the bedroom for the first time and changed the alternator and also replaced the air compressor coolant lines that were still the original ones. Had to make a wrench bent with a socket welded to it and a 3 ft. extention to the back of the bus and a helper instead of removing the starter. While in the back found hydraulic pump mounting bolts loose and leaking back there too. The gasket on the rocker cover on passenger side was leaking and rolled over when they were off last so we pulled it off and fixed it too. The metal breather vent had a number of holes rubbed into it making a mess too, now it's a rubber hose. Last but not least yesterday before we were getting ready to leave I changed oil in generator and found the low pressure switch leaking oil out the hole in the side of it. Then when I tried to remove the switch the fitting broke off in the block. I got lucky and the replacement switch i had for the transmission shifter would work and used it with some mounting modifications. Then we drove 400 miles to Michigan last night with no problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_161533.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	62234   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190528_090344.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	62235   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_194315.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	62236   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190531_130024.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	62237  
__________________
Allen and Sara Eversman
Wapakoneta, Ohio
93 WLWB
Had 81 FC35
937-407-0079
Reply With Quote
  #4093  
Old 06-02-2019
ABBird ABBird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlantic Beach
Posts: 140
Default

Cleaned about 1000 lovebugs off the front of the bus!
Thank goodness for dryer sheets...
__________________
Dave Lambert
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“ABBIRD”
1991 SP 36 (2019 - present)
https://www.buybyebluebird.com/Coach...RiSh152019SP36
1989 SP 36 (2013 - 2019)
Reply With Quote
  #4094  
Old 06-13-2019
ripple_john ripple_john is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 28
Default Updates

Been busy on the bird the last few weeks:
- new couch in living area w/ steel clips that hold couch to wall
- fresh curtains all around
- 30w solar panel on roof wired to generator battery w/ on-off switch and battery post disconnect (solar charger can charge generator battery while generator battery disconnected from coach and all coach loads). Flip on battery switch; turn off solar charger... and back to original. Keeps the generator battery happy...
- new 32" TV w/ soundbar and small subwoofer in back bedroom w/ new bluray player.
- removed old bar-b-que grill tray and opened up the space for a new portable grill
- added peel-n-stick wallpaper in kitchen area (easily removable when no longer in style... or if blue formica comes back in style!)

Still lots on the to-do list, but keep chipping away.

Pics or it never happened!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	couch.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	62457   Click image for larger version

Name:	curtains.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	62458   Click image for larger version

Name:	grill holder.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	62459   Click image for larger version

Name:	peel n stick wallpaper.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	62460   Click image for larger version

Name:	solar panel on off.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	62461   Click image for larger version

Name:	solar panel.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	62462   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv soundbar.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	62463  
__________________
John Ripple
ripple_john@yahoo.com
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1988 WB40
hasn't been named yet...
Reply With Quote
  #4095  
Old 06-13-2019
MarkYuma's Avatar
MarkYuma MarkYuma is offline
Not so Junior anymore
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Yuma
Posts: 1,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alever View Post
Been a busy 2 weeks. Changed oil in 8v92 and found a cracked drivers side exhaust manifold. Got it fixed with all new hardware except one stud. Then found the rear alternator was not making any power. Got the floor up in the bedroom for the first time and changed the alternator and also replaced the air compressor coolant lines that were still the original ones. Had to make a wrench bent with a socket welded to it and a 3 ft. extention to the back of the bus and a helper instead of removing the starter. While in the back found hydraulic pump mounting bolts loose and leaking back there too. The gasket on the rocker cover on passenger side was leaking and rolled over when they were off last so we pulled it off and fixed it too. The metal breather vent had a number of holes rubbed into it making a mess too, now it's a rubber hose. Last but not least yesterday before we were getting ready to leave I changed oil in generator and found the low pressure switch leaking oil out the hole in the side of it. Then when I tried to remove the switch the fitting broke off in the block. I got lucky and the replacement switch i had for the transmission shifter would work and used it with some mounting modifications. Then we drove 400 miles to Michigan last night with no problems.
Between that solar Panel and the battery did you happen to put a charge controller. Or use it liberally the way you said where is it in fact is hardwired?
I can see how you should be able to get five with 2 1/2 A 50% duty cycle charge directly connected. But he solar controller for that kind of current is also dirt cheap.
__________________
Mark & Ginger Lauss
Yuma Arizona
1991 PT 40
Towed 1986 Suzuki Samurai OR 2014 Jeep jk
Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=259
Reply With Quote
  #4096  
Old 06-13-2019
ripple_john ripple_john is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 28
Default

Yes, put a 3-stage charge controller between panel and battery. The little battery tender model... 5-45 watt, with 30 watt panel.
__________________
John Ripple
ripple_john@yahoo.com
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1988 WB40
hasn't been named yet...
Reply With Quote
  #4097  
Old 06-14-2019
kg4rrx's Avatar
kg4rrx kg4rrx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 627
Default

Lots done this week. Started to swap out all the florescent lights with LED strips. So far other than just being somewhat tedious and repetitive it's easy work.

Also got the new edgestar ice maker in. Cranking out lots of ice.
__________________
Chris Henry
Fayetteville, GA
87FC
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Reply With Quote
  #4098  
Old 06-14-2019
ArlinV ArlinV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Simpsonville
Posts: 150
Default

Replaced transfer switch. Now getting power from generator again.

Added 50amp outlet in garage. Can now plug coach in to 50amp at home, instead of 30amp.
__________________
Arlin Verley
Simpsonville, South Carolina
2003 43’ LXi double slide
VerleyBird
Reply With Quote
  #4099  
Old 06-14-2019
MarkYuma's Avatar
MarkYuma MarkYuma is offline
Not so Junior anymore
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Yuma
Posts: 1,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlinV View Post
Replaced transfer switch. Now getting power from generator again.

Added 50amp outlet in garage. Can now plug coach in to 50amp at home, instead of 30amp.
I knew you would get that taken care of.
The first time I had to play with the transfer switch and hooking the generator back up it was awful scary to me as well.
__________________
Mark & Ginger Lauss
Yuma Arizona
1991 PT 40
Towed 1986 Suzuki Samurai OR 2014 Jeep jk
Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=259
Reply With Quote
  #4100  
Old 06-14-2019
ArlinV ArlinV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Simpsonville
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkYuma View Post
I knew you would get that taken care of.
The first time I had to play with the transfer switch and hooking the generator back up it was awful scary to me as well.
Luckily a good friend that is more adept with electrical than I am provided a lot of the detailed labor. Had to drill a couple of the inlet holes a little larger, and had to move the ground bus so we didn’t have to extend cables. But it’s working now.
__________________
Arlin Verley
Simpsonville, South Carolina
2003 43’ LXi double slide
VerleyBird
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Today's birthdays mynavion Under The Awning 15 05-11-2012 06:50 PM
Today's the Day! BeeBee Under The Awning 84 10-17-2011 10:37 PM
Sold my PT-40 today Ex18C Coaches For Sale by WOG Members 5 02-12-2011 09:06 AM
SOB Spotted Today! Itchintogo Under The Awning 0 09-17-2010 01:47 PM
weighed the bus today Crit Bliss FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) 14 04-12-2010 07:42 AM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.