Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Travel Tips - Fuel Prices

Travel Tips - Fuel Prices Everyone has travel tips. Share and discuss yours here with the rest of the group.

Site Search:

Old 04-15-2015

I have found the big travel truck stops are always way higher than the local, just have to make sure you can get your rig in.
Old 04-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brookshire View Post
In our area. Pilot diesel $2.65.9. Murphy $2.29.9

$.05/gal is a joke!!!!
Unless I just get so low on fuel I have to stop at Pilot or Flying J I don't waste my time looking for them. Gas Buddy has never shown them to be anywhere near the lower end of prices.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 04-15-2015
ANOTHER REDNECK

but its a better quality of fuel right? LOL@!@
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 04-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brookshire View Post
In our area. Pilot diesel $2.65.9. Murphy $2.29.9

$.05/gal is a joke!!!!
Pilot/FJ is always the highest around here as well...
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 04-16-2015

I've not "Birded" near as long as many of you guys, but I still can't find myself comfortable with finding and maneuvering around unknown locations trying to find cheaper fuel. Based on 10k miles per year, at my MPG, even if I saved as much as .07 cents a gallon I would only save a bit over $100 per year. I know $100 is $100, but considering the overall annual cost of this beast it is minor; and I find Flying Js and Loves to be real handy, easy enough to get around to prevent fender benders, have trustworthy fuel, doesn't have card limit hassles, handy for propane, etc. (No, I don't own stock in either of them. Maybe I should!)
1986 PT36 6V92 "Golden Memories"-Sold
1993 WB40 "freeNeasy"-Sold
Old 04-16-2015

Sam's Club (not Good Sam's) MasterCard gives a 5% discount on fuel at any station. 3% on food and lodging and 1% on everything else. They pay it twice a year.
1996 WB-42
2006 Trailblazer LT 4wd
Bartow, Fl
dclembo128@verizon.net
Old 04-16-2015
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
I've not "Birded" near as long as many of you guys, but I still can't find myself comfortable with finding and maneuvering around unknown locations trying to find cheaper fuel. Based on 10k miles per year, at my MPG, even if I saved as much as .07 cents a gallon I would only save a bit over $100 per year. I know $100 is $100, but considering the overall annual cost of this beast it is minor; and I find Flying Js and Loves to be real handy, easy enough to get around to prevent fender benders, have trustworthy fuel, doesn't have card limit hassles, handy for propane, etc. (No, I don't own stock in either of them. Maybe I should!)
I agree with Rick. The trouble and risk of fueling at the cheapest is not worth it to me. I have been in some tight spots, have to leave your card or cash to get the pump turned on, wonder it you are going to be able to get out ect. I have had to disconnect towed, use different cards to get more than $100. A hundred gallons at 10 cents is $10. Even $20 is cheap for the convenience of easy access, Pump turns on with card, don't even have to go inside. Our Loves plan of 10 cents off cash works for me. May not always be the cheapest, but often is.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 04-16-2015

I buy all my fuel for the truck at flying J i usually use about 2600.00 a month
yes it is expensive But I trade that off for the convenience

For the BMC We use the profit tools Discount that anyone is entitled to use all you have to do is sign up this discount plan brings the price of fule down to an almost bearable cost

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 04-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
I agree with Rick. The trouble and risk of fueling at the cheapest is not worth it to me. I have been in some tight spots, have to leave your card or cash to get the pump turned on, wonder it you are going to be able to get out ect. I have had to disconnect towed, use different cards to get more than $100. A hundred gallons at 10 cents is $10. Even $20 is cheap for the convenience of easy access, Pump turns on with card, don't even have to go inside. Our Loves plan of 10 cents off cash works for me. May not always be the cheapest, but often is.
I can't honestly say that isn't something to think about. I have pulled into Murphy's and some other places a couple of times and had to unhook the towed. It can be a PIA. Sometimes it really doesn't pay go for the lower price if you think about it. Thanks guys for reminding me to let some of the moths out of my wallet.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 04-16-2015

I use the J most of the time trucking. It used to be the lowest price major chain out there. When Pilot bought it, they raised the fuel price up to the level of the others.

With the truck, it has everything I need. In the BB, I do not need as many services, like showers, etc., but, at least for now, I burn so little fuel in the BB, it is still worth it.

Hopefully in a few years, I will be burning a LOT more fuel in it!

I use the RV Frequent Fueler card. I believe it is 8 cents off regular price.

I use the Truck Frequent Fueler card when trucking. It earns showers, that the RV card does not.

Melvin and Charlene Pierce
Scranton, ND
"Smoke N Mirrors" Royale Conversion
1990 PT40WB