Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Towbars, Hitches and Braking Systems for your Toads, etc.

Towbars, Hitches and Braking Systems for your Toads, etc. Questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding what equipment to use to tow your Toad with are discussed here.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-18-2016
Bill Pape's Avatar
Bill Pape Bill Pape is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Commerce
Posts: 11,398
Default Toad 7 pin plug

I know this has been discussed many times, but I can not find the answer.

I need a 12 volt supply from the Bird, and there is an extra green/white tracer wire inside the 7 pin toad plug jack.
Can not figure out where it goes or if it is a fused supply,
Or can 12 volts be added to this extra wire.
Is there a wiring drawing? Or what is the easiest way to add 12 volts to the BB plug/jack??
__________________
Bill & Patty
1988 FC, Silver Edition
Commerce, Michigan

Last edited by Bill Pape; 03-18-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2016
konehd konehd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sedona
Posts: 1,756
Default

Hi Bill,

Peter and I worked on my plug last week, it was totally messed up after converting from the '87 wiring and a quick rewire when I got the '93.

IIRC there is a 12v supply in the standard wiring configuration.
Dont know if BB used the standard in '88, but here it is...

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx

HTH, Joe
__________________
Joe & Pat Garner

'93 WB40 'Alligator'
Sedona, AZ
Fun-Fun-Fun Till they take the BlueBird Away!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-18-2016
Bill Pape's Avatar
Bill Pape Bill Pape is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Commerce
Posts: 11,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by konehd View Post
Hi Bill,

Peter and I worked on my plug last week, it was totally messed up after converting from the '87 wiring and a quick rewire when I got the '93.

IIRC there is a 12v supply in the standard wiring configuration.
Dont know if BB used the standard in '88, but here it is...

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx

HTH, Joe
BB wire configuration, is not standard, But it is easy to find running lights, turn signals and ground for a four connection,
There is a spare unused wire in the BB toad 7 pin plug with no voltage or light signal.
Wandering if it is 12 volt supply?? and where it is fused??.
I need 12 volts at the plug, to power a brake system & charge the toad battery.
__________________
Bill & Patty
1988 FC, Silver Edition
Commerce, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-19-2016
KCSS's Avatar
KCSS KCSS is offline
senior member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DeLand
Posts: 4,190
Default

Bill - hope this will help
Attached Files
File Type: doc 7 blade RV wiring.doc (31.0 KB, 128 views)
__________________
KC & Emma
DeLand, FL
2000 LXI
"Bordering On Adequate"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-19-2016
konehd konehd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sedona
Posts: 1,756
Default

Have you tried checking the plug with the ignition on?
__________________
Joe & Pat Garner

'93 WB40 'Alligator'
Sedona, AZ
Fun-Fun-Fun Till they take the BlueBird Away!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-19-2016
Dieselbird01's Avatar
Dieselbird01 Dieselbird01 is online now
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Titusville
Posts: 3,891
Default

Some Wanderlodge Trailer wiring sockets have a "Stop Light" wire in addition to the right and left stop/turn wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FC Trailer Plug with Enhanced text.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	41477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wanderlodge Trailer Plug from 1982 drawing.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	41479  
__________________
John Wyatt
Titusville, Florida
1991 40' WLWB-WTB
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2016
Bill Pape's Avatar
Bill Pape Bill Pape is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Commerce
Posts: 11,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by konehd View Post
Have you tried checking the plug with the ignition on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
Some Wanderlodge Trailer wiring sockets have a "Stop Light" wire in addition to the right and left stop/turn wires.
Thanks Joe for the suggestions, and I then tried the ignition switch, no joy.
With a test light for tail/running lights, left & right/Brake lights, and ground. The basic four wire system works.
I wanted to use that extra wire in the rear toad socket.

So Bingo! John Wyatt wins again.
The extra wire is a stop light signal and not normally needed, and not using air pressure foot brake to test,
I was stumped.
The toad/trailer jack wiring harness is in the rear (over the bed) load center.
A 12 volt circuit breaker is available and now 12 volts will be easily available to power up the toad to insure
no dead battery. Thanks for everyones help.

TIP:
Do not follow or depend on wire colors, BB used a variety of different colors,
& different colors when making splices to lengthen wire runs.
__________________
Bill & Patty
1988 FC, Silver Edition
Commerce, Michigan

Last edited by Bill Pape; 03-19-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-19-2016
Steelwheels's Avatar
Steelwheels Steelwheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque & Downers Grove
Posts: 1,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
Thanks Joe for the suggestions, and I then tried the ignition switch, no joy.
With a test light for tail/running lights, left & right/Brake lights, and ground. The basic four wire system works.
I wanted to use that extra wire in the rear toad socket.

So Bingo! John Wyatt wins again.
The extra wire is a stop light signal and not normally needed, and not using air pressure foot brake to test,
I was stumped.
The toad/trailer jack wiring harness is in the rear (over the bed) load center.
A 12 volt circuit breaker is available and now 12 volts will be easily available to power up the toad to insure
no dead battery. Thanks for everyones help.

TIP:
Do not follow or depend on wire colors, BB used a variety of different colors,
& different colors when making splices to lengthen wire runs.
Hey Bill,

I'm trying to do the same thing you are, I have my toad all wired up and I was looking for power from the Bird 7pin plug. I have that same white/green stripe wire.
How did you run the wire for the 12volt power to the 7pin plug, did you fish a new wire or were you able to use a existing wire, I looked at my 7pin plug not the load center over the bed yet. Thanks.
__________________
Kiki B
Downers Grove, IL
87fc35
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-19-2016
Bill Pape's Avatar
Bill Pape Bill Pape is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Commerce
Posts: 11,398
Default

Kiki,

See post #6 there are two brake light terminals, these wires are in a harness above the bed curb side, , I used this wire and room in the street side load center. I would suggest using a fuse rather than an auto reset circuit breaker
__________________
Bill & Patty
1988 FC, Silver Edition
Commerce, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-19-2016
irmagoo's Avatar
irmagoo irmagoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: washington
Posts: 2,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
Kiki,

See post #6 there are two brake light terminals, these wires are in a harness above the bed curb side, , I used this wire and room in the street side load center. I would suggest using a fuse rather than an auto reset circuit breaker
I fuse hot wire to toad on both ends as a short will cause you to smell burning wire at the least,,, and we don't want to think about the worst ,,,
mike
__________________
mike mcgraugh
2003 LXI
"Blacktop Gyspy"
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plug those Heaters Rich Johnson HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters 6 04-08-2012 01:37 PM
50 amp plug JD33 Electrical 24 03-04-2012 09:14 AM
Oil drain plug mynavion FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) 3 05-16-2011 09:43 AM
Plug ins Rick Under The Awning 8 12-06-2010 01:18 PM
Trailer Plug Thewonderer Electrical 3 02-09-2009 09:10 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.