Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-12-2016

Smile Time to check in with Song Bird

First of all thanks for all the input on the fuel Algae issue and John I think your right, the coach has been starting great and it has become a none issue. There are still some things I need to get a better handle on, one I am wondering if any of you have ideas or things to watch out for when dropping the convection oven. Will be heading down to the truck show later this month where Shane has graciously volunteered to help replace the inverter, and replace relays with a breaker box, I am thinking the oven could be new and ready by the time we get there. And one other problem, we started towing the Edge, a blue ox kit and the detail shop where I bought the kit did the wiring, First time through tried to follow directions for the amber lights, the left turn signal and turn light during emergency flashers did not work, Took it back, the tech called the company and just wired for the red lights, left turn light still is not working, Both set ups worked ok on truck, not on coach, so now it is just left turn with the red lens that is not working, And we are getting ready to go Full Time within the next 6 months or so, you have any input on carrying firearms, we do have active permits.

The great news, we hosted the Sinnemahoning State Park campground for two weeks and lived in the bird for about 20 days, it was awesome

Ed Badeau and Leah Dippold
Driftwood, PA, 15832
1995 BMC37, 2014 Edge
814-594-5964, 814-594-8294
full timers
webadeau@gmail.com
leah.dippold@gmail.com
Old 06-13-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song Bird View Post
First of all thanks for all the input on the fuel Algae issue and John I think your right, the coach has been starting great and it has become a none issue. There are still some things I need to get a better handle on, one I am wondering if any of you have ideas or things to watch out for when dropping the convection oven. Will be heading down to the truck show later this month where Shane has graciously volunteered to help replace the inverter, and replace relays with a breaker box, I am thinking the oven could be new and ready by the time we get there. And one other problem, we started towing the Edge, a blue ox kit and the detail shop where I bought the kit did the wiring, First time through tried to follow directions for the amber lights, the left turn signal and turn light during emergency flashers did not work, Took it back, the tech called the company and just wired for the red lights, left turn light still is not working, Both set ups worked ok on truck, not on coach, so now it is just left turn with the red lens that is not working, And we are getting ready to go Full Time within the next 6 months or so, you have any input on carrying firearms, we do have active permits.

The great news, we hosted the Sinnemahoning State Park campground for two weeks and lived in the bird for about 20 days, it was awesome
Ed, The micro comes out pretty easy. There may be a box that hides the duplex outlet that the micro plugs into. You need to open it up and unplug it. Mine was located in the cabinet above the micro. You will have to search in the grey covering to find the screws. Then loosen the screws in the floor of the cabinet above that go into the top of the micro. Don't completely remove them yet. I don't know how strong you are so if you need somebody to help hold it get them there. I removed mine a couple of times and put it back by myself. If you have a Sharp Carousel there are a couple of thumb screws at the bottom rear, against the wall, that need to be removed, that allows you to slide a release for the rear wall bracket. Now finish releasing the upper screws and tilt the front down and lift up on the rear. It should be out. Not all micros have those thumb screws a the rear but my Sharp Carousel did, so if you have another brand, you may not have them.

Your second question I will leave to somebody that knows more about that than I do.

Your third question is something that is not discussed on the forum. Check the rules section. Call me if you want to talk about it.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 06-13-2016

Thanks Jim, I have the plug uncovered so thinking I'll give it a go next weekend, and I will also review the rules.

Ed Badeau and Leah Dippold
Driftwood, PA, 15832
1995 BMC37, 2014 Edge
814-594-5964, 814-594-8294
full timers
webadeau@gmail.com
leah.dippold@gmail.com
Old 06-13-2016

Ed, The fellows at the Truck Show will probably be able to sort out the trailer wiring for you. It can be tricky.

I had no trouble replacing the Microwave. If I can do it you can. Pretty much a matter of removing a few screws and pulling out the old and sliding in the new. I believe the most difficult part was holding the microwave up and getting the electrical wire back and around. Might be able to tie a cord on the wire to help you get it negotiated. Your bus may be different. On mine a couple screws coming in from the bottom at or near the foot of the microwave (if it was sitting on a table) and out it came.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 06-29-2016

Default Replacing a Microwave

Microwaves that go above the stove usually fit a standard size hole and come out as described above. However, if you change brands you usually have to put a different plate on the back wall that the bottom back of the microwave sits on. And you may have to drill holes in a different spot in the top of the cabinet ofr the big screws coming down fomr the top that screw inot the top front of the microwave to hold it up. There are only those tw holding points. The bottom back on the plate and the screws in the front top. Templates come with all the microwaves shoing you where to position the plate and drill the holes in the top.

But, as someone said, everything has to be ready before hand as they are heavy. You lift it up tilted slightly forward and set it on the hooks in the plate on the back wall, Then you rotate it up into position and screw the top screws in place into the top front of the microwave that come down through the cabinet. Usually a two person job as one person holds it up in position and the other screws the top screws in and tightens them up. Usually the first person (holding it up) will be urging the other person to screw them in faster.

So it's a pretty simple process and not technically difficult to do yourself. You may have known all this already but I like to have even simple things explained to me.

Good Luck

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117